A couple of questions on quantum boards

pointer80

I am really liking what I am reading about the quantum board lights, definitely seems like once and done. The one I am looking at is the HLG 550 v2. I am planning on using a 4x4 or 5x5 tent. A couple questions I have is I am assuming these are good all the way through flowering correct? Also one thing I am confused about is I thought to develop nice big buds that were full of resin etc. you needed the reddish light spectrum? Can this same feat be accomplished with just the quantum board? Thanks all for the replies.

I thought they were unofficially... all you had to do is ask for them?
I'm not sure. I have expressed interest but to no avail. I have not contacted them directly so you may very well be right. At this point I only know what their website says.

Check also @LED Grow Lights Depot

New sponsor and look pretty good as well

3000k is great for flower, good for veg. If just one light that's what I'd do

Love my Qb , all I use now

And if your diy savy, that's a way to save some $$$$$$

Check also @LED Grow Lights Depot

New sponsor and look pretty good as well

3000k is great for flower, good for veg. If just one light that's what I'd do

Love my Qb , all I use now

And if your diy savy, that's a way to save some $$$$$$
Thanks Chris, I did not know that they had become a sponsor here.

I have one of those, great light, it's in my veg tent, 4000k

Two in a 4x4 would be pretty good, not in a 5x5

When I say two I mean 2pr of bds or 4 bds, usually a kit is 2 bds and one driver

I have one of those, great light, it's in my veg tent, 4000k

Two in a 4x4 would be pretty good, not in a 5x5

When I say two I mean 2pr of bds or 4 bds, usually a kit is 2 bds and one driver
Do you use the 4000k for veg and flower? or would the 3000k be a better dual purpose choice? Also would the 550 v2 be a better light than the 2 288 kits (4 boards total)? I believe the 4 288's put out more watts than the 550 but don't know about par values? Thanks

You can hang 2 lights independently and that means you can also vary heights and dim them separately. They make an xl version. I have one in a 2x4. It has a 3 ft heatsink.

My 4000k is for veg, but I did run it full length thru flower and worked great

One light is nice, simple, but two can be very versatile

My qb288 is two separate bds so I can hang them at different heights or angles , kinda nice actually

Yer so close on watts between the two, just depends on your desire

One big light
Or a couple smaller

If you get two pr of 288s you could get 1 set of 2700 and 1 set of 3500, so great for veg and flower

Both lights will have great penetration and Parr value, just get a 6' or taller tent, mine have gone nuts under the QB if I let em

My 4000k is for veg, but I did run it full length thru flower and worked great

One light is nice, simple, but two can be very versatile

My qb288 is two separate bds so I can hang them at different heights or angles , kinda nice actually

Yer so close on watts between the two, just depends on your desire

One big light
Or a couple smaller

If you get two pr of 288s you could get 1 set of 2700 and 1 set of 3500, so great for veg and flower

Both lights will have great penetration and Parr value, just get a 6' or taller tent, mine have gone nuts under the QB if I let em
Thanks, What do you mean 1 set of 2700 and one set of 3500? Do you mean set each set of boards different or buy additional boards? Thanks

Qb288 usually come in two board configuration

You could get on set at 2700, one as 3500
Mix them, and have great lights from start to finish in one tent, if that's your plan

Qb288 usually come in two board configuration

You could get on set at 2700, one as 3500
Mix them, and have great lights from start to finish in one tent, if that's your plan
If I had a 4x4, this is what I would do, personally.

I have a 4x4x7 tent and bought a fully assembled HLG 600H Quantum Board, 3000 spectrum with dimmer knob. I bought from growerslights and couldn’t be happier. I have only had mine for about a month now but works great on my plants. Huge difference from running 2 blurple Viparspectra 600w light in my tent. They are just so much brighter and provide a much bigger light foot print on my plants. Here are pics of my lights and the difference in lighting on the first day I got them. Plus what they did to my plants after almost a month of use (shown at only 50% power)

94738FA7-550B-45C7-A938-281AAE1BEB8B.jpeg
D90A1592-F0D3-4392-B69E-EC175EFBE44D.jpeg
448B532E-B5BC-4D85-9D5F-21A80F2771BA.jpeg
5671C247-44E1-46EA-A15B-B00475E6DCA7.jpeg

ok, like I said new to the indoor grow thing. So can you take a 3000k light and dim it down for flowering and it be like a 2700k? Or is that not correct? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom