28 days old sprout

MrsLonely

Im having pest issues and possibly mold as well, there are gnats only 1 or 2 flying around and crawling on the top of the soil, the mold looking stuff is orange-ish kind of everywhere on the top of the soil. I know i fucked up by buying the cheap commercial brand of soil and plant food, but she is still growing and more leaves are still coming, but the tips of the leaves are curling upwards and turning yellowish and then brown-grayish and falling off at the tips. Ive been watering with bottled water and and spraying with water and a gentle soap mixed together hoping to discourage the bugs, What i need to know, is what i can do bout the mold/pests without killing the plants and where can i find products to do so, in the middle of winter? there are some photos in the gallery, the quality is pretty poor but you should be able to see the things i mentioned. will post better ones on this thread today. thanks 4 ur help, any feedback would be appreciated!!!!

IMGP1245.JPG

That is 28 days old?!!??

You have some serious issues here, mainly you are loving your plant to death.

Nute burn, over watering, over spraying and that clear cup is about the worst thing for your roots.

I would transplant into a somewhat larger pot, a gallon or less in size. Moisten well, but don't drown it. NO nutes, NO spray and NO water for at least 3 days after transplant.

Give it a chance to recover before you start dumping on it again.

DD

get some gnatrol and fast.......they ruin the root system...then when you transplant top dress with about an inch or so of sterilized sand or perlite.

yeah i know, its tiny isnt it? lol, u can never love too much, but i understand what you r saying. thanks, 4 the advice. we ll c what happens.

What kind of light are you using?

Do you have other seeds? Id start over if its an option. The clear cups are worse for your roots then regular cups. That and gnats and mold on a seedling is going to be a uphill battle.

Ive got 3 others started, they havent sprouted yet. i havent seen anything actually on the plant, but i can c things flying around, and in the soil. I treated once with pesticide, the effects of which are obvious, i transplanted and sprayed and they came right back, i just put a lil cinnamon powder on the top of the soil for the moldy mildew looking stuff, right now all i have for lighting is 2 small fluorescents (plant grow lights from lowes) like 25 watts each and a full spectrum natural daylight lamp. I have another question! know anything about using vineger and baking soda to increase co2? i need to know the ratio.

well i experiment alot with seedling. i master it acuturally. cloneing next but.
um.. i think this seedling could be cause by a few issue. there are 4 possible reason.
1. the see itself
2. the genitic of the seed, may i ask what strain?

3. number 3 might be the shoot isn't growing fast enough, not enought light for photosythiest. and so that's why the botome fan leaf are dying back.

4. number 4 it could be a root issue. the root might can't penatrat throught the either too wet soil and this sometime can delay seedling to grow, but not often. seedling root are really weak and require a really light and most medium not water log wet.

maybe is a good idea to not water it for the first 3 for days. and mixing soil moist and light and not et it with wather before planting the seed will be better next time.
i would also think over nute or ph problem but at this grow stage, is not really commond. since you should be watering it much yet or feeding it, but i think you said u kind did, haha.

Its just sum decent mid-grade bagseed. I think, i probably burned the seed after it sprouted by feeding it and watering it too much. I sprayed it every couple of days, and when the soil dried out, i soaked it again. I had to transplant it because of the bugs and mold and even after that she didn't quite recover. I sprinkled some cinnamon on the top layer of the soil to keep the powdery moldy stuff at bay. She's looking a lil better, if i could get more co2 in the room, i don't think she would have ended up looking this bad so soon, i think it would have made the sproutling stronger, but i am not starting over, im going to see it thru until she dies for real and then we'll c ABOUT GETTING SOMe new and better seeds, so many factors to consider when growing pot and even when you think uve got it all under the microscope something else new pops up.

I think my main problems are these:
1.Insufficient lighting
2.Overwatering/feeding
3.Providing a horribly cheap environment in th beginning :D
4.Not having enough information and know-how before I got started

Don't worry about CO2 for the moment.

If you provide good ventilation and air movement, your CO2 needs will be more than met.

Attend to those problems you listed because those are the root cause of your lack of success, not CO2.

DD

yeah at this point the deedling 2 leave you should not over look air. is quite important. you might not need to give it plenty of air especial if is under just some florucent bulb. but if is under intense light you should atlest let the seedling get some air atlest 2 time for 5- 10 minute a under for atleast a week.

at this stage the seedling is really weak and you have to be delicate and be gentle with everything. after all there is only 2 leaf and a small shoot on there now to grow bigger an is the only thing keep the seedling alive and growing.
you should check them a few time aday at this time atleast until the 2nd set of leave grow out bigger, usually it start growing really big from 2nd or 3rd set of set of leaf.

oh than again i just see the picture you had is not look too bad. just give it light and care the next set of leave will be in 2,3days it's not dying that bad yet.
but is might turn worse mae sure those second set of leaf doesn't start drying back.
i think a cfl light bright warm light might help at this point. just make sure is not too hot but warm is ok, might help also. because your seedling doesn't seem to be getting alot of bright light yet so i say help it grow bigger with bright light at this point.
in some caseing if the seedling doesn't grow fast enough it might just want to dye back, so bright light could be help anwser.
but you can relax plant might see some progress and grow up more leaf soon.

Ok, thanks. Preciate all the feedback, I would still like to know about the co2 for future reference but i suppose its not really a priority at this point. The second set of leaves is coming in, got some pictures in the gallery. will post em on here in a few.

is looking nice. about doing research well yeah. is good to learn what you doing before you do it. but part the study is to experiment and start planting and see the result. even if you fail you'll learn from your mistake and try to study and avoid it for next time.
you did good by learning all you could before growing, and starting of with seed that isn't expensive for pratice is also really nice.

also i don't know what problem you got with flys or gnat. but we have lots of those around here outdoor in the summer months. you should grow in a discret room and not let alot of animial or insect or living thing go into your growing area. fly seem to be some differnt pest to try to eliminate. it just that they have wing and can fly, and not just living inside your soil.

i heard of these yellow sticky paper, i dont know what that call but you should go do reseach and get some of that. also with fly i not sure but can try to catch them or hit there. if they are not flying everyone and that you can see them land somewhere that is visible and not so hard to hit with a fly hitter thingy. is like a long stick that you hold but is flat in the end where you can hit ther fly.
also consider putting a a medium size trash can with bag with some food that you throw away or dispose item like, banana pile or just chunk left over from food wrap or whatever. if the fly, fly in there and you catch them. maybe you can close the bag and throw them outside when you see them. as long as the bag is not so big, you can look in to see if they fly in and live in the bag of disposo food and trash. if you happen to see them. close the bag tight and remove the trash can out of the growroom. and don't bring it back inside.

good luck on the grow.

Back
Top Bottom