2nd attempt at grow? Coco?

I have been lookin around for pots and I saw these with some interest but cant find any info in English, they seem ok to me but I don't really have a clue!
pot210.jpg
pot30.jpg

Ok I have one seed germinating at the moment its popped and will put in under the LED in a day or so. SO I do not add any nutes etc until at least the 4th node yea.
As I said earlier I will be using Sensi Grow A and B mix at 1/4 strength to begin with every second watering.
I will start a journal in the next day or 2 :)

Cool!!! I will follow your journal. I would say yeah on the 4th node Nutrients. From what i read about the Sensi Grow it seems pretty good BUT can be the death of your plants, be careful.

Autos are really not for beginners, IMO. They are much harder to grow. I've been growing them for almost 3 years. You can't stress them at all if you want to get a 2.5 foot tall plant from a 3 gallon pot. You should not treat them as normal plants. They aren't. For the best results, do no training at all. Just let them grow naturally. This means no topping, no LST, etc.

I have also found they do not grow tall during veg with LED. Unless that 200w LED has mostly blue LEDs, then honestly, you will be lucky to get a plant over 8 inches.

You would be better off growing it under CFLs at first, then after the stretch, put it under the LED to flower.

Another really important thing is to not transplant them. If I ever transplant, I pop the seed, then grow in a rockwool cube for a very short time, just long enough to get a set of true leaves, then I put it in the final pot it will finish in.

Disaster, I saw they had there first set of true leaves and put her about 4 feet under the LED, in about 15 minutes she just fell over herself, I have taken her out and hopefully she will recover.

So LED is bad for starting them off?
Knowone has mentioned that before.. oh dear back to the drawing board !!

As you can all guess in not in UK so even looking up cfl on net doesn't get me anything.
They call these FSL here , I am guessing same thing?? I will post a pic in a minute

Ok , Im in a another country where they use diff names for specific things like lights etc... I found this online they call FSL?
Is this the one for starting off? Its advertised for 2 types one is 105w and the other 125w?
125w_lights.jpg

Autos are really not for beginners, IMO. They are much harder to grow. I've been growing them for almost 3 years. You can't stress them at all if you want to get a 2.5 foot tall plant from a 3 gallon pot. You should not treat them as normal plants. They aren't. For the best results, do no training at all. Just let them grow naturally. This means no topping, no LST, etc.

I have also found they do not grow tall during veg with LED. Unless that 200w LED has mostly blue LEDs, then honestly, you will be lucky to get a plant over 8 inches.

You would be better off growing it under CFLs at first, then after the stretch, put it under the LED to flower.

Another really important thing is to not transplant them. If I ever transplant, I pop the seed, then grow in a rockwool cube for a very short time, just long enough to get a set of true leaves, then I put it in the final pot it will finish in.

Maybe I just got lucky...but I grew a LA Diva auto under a 200W Advanced DS LED, in a 1 gal smart pot of coco. It was close to 3 feet tall. I did start it out in a 4" square pot as well. :passitleft:

023158.JPG

Jam, yes, it sems FSL is their name for CFL.

Homemed, I don't think you got lucky. La Diva is a great strain. I believe it is from Critical Mass. An exception to the rule for LEDs is the expensive brands that use the better diodes. Chree or whatever instead of Epistar.

In my other post, I said to use one with mostly blue. I meant mostly red as autos respond better to warm light. If using HID, then grow the whole time with HPS rather than at all with MH, unless only for the first two weeks, if that.

I have had great success, though, with starting an auto off with T5, even for three weeks, then switching to HPS.

I get 3 oz from La Diva pretty easy in a 5 gallon.

what would be really handy guys would be if you could give me a couple of examples of the Cfl's I could use to start my seedlings off for a couple of weeks to get them off and running ... like a brand name type wattage etc then I can look for them and get something comparable here., rather than getting it wrong again and putting me back a few weeks at a time.

The thing is Lab, where I am it's fecking hard to get anything in a stealth way because I have to ask help to get it. That's why I got the tent and led online. It's obvious the lights I got now are no use for veg and thought I can impro easily with cfl and just put them in some spot lamps and just cut way the shade or whatever. I still have no idea what cfl will work , I saw these in a market and understand they are probably not right but if someone out there knôw about CFL then they could tell me what type I need to veg my seedlings
Pics here.
image13124.jpg
image13123.jpg

ok I will get a couple of the 65w 6500k , just before I hit the click button and order a couple is there anyone out there wanna enlighten me if these will any any shape or form ... kill my seedling?

Back
Top Bottom