2nd Grow, Autos

gazmufc

Strains: Auto Blue Amnesia 3 weeks/ cheese 3 weeks/ Blue Amnesia 1 week/ AK x Kush 1 week

Lighting: 300W LED

Soil: Multi purpose compost mixed with perlite

Nuts week 1-3/: Started off feeding rootjuice Bio Bizz for first 3 weeks.

Nutes week 3-untill budding starts/ Bio Grow

Air movement im doing manually for now :)

Just be nice to hear what you think of the distance between pots and lights? ive got them about 2 and a half feet away..

18022015578.jpg

Prob hard to see, but was wondering what you folks thought of the size of the pot I put these in.. Is there a such thing as over potting? Whats your views on gorwing with compost? I noticed a lot of you folks make up your own mixes. My first grow I usesd compost without any problems, apart form me tending to my plant one morning to baked and managed to break one of my brancjes.. YIKES!! No waking b4 I tend to these babies in the morning :) Any advise really appreciated :)

18022015577.jpg

The other 2 smaller ones ive got stacked up are Blue amnesia and AK x kUSH (I CANT REMEMEBR THE NAME OF THE STRAIN BUT KNOW ITS CROSSED BETWEEN THEM 2.. Anyway im farely excited about these, prices here getting very harsh.. 50 euros for 2 grams.. Which last me 2 days, and thats really streching it out. My first grow last year came out good, tho I managed to stupidly break a big branch on it one morning while tending to her way to baked lol the buds were a little airy, but was decent enough smoke. Hopefully thisd time no silly mistakes :)

This was the blue amnesia at about week and half..

11022015570.jpg

Please tell me what LST means lol.. This is just my 2nd grow, so still a noob, and still learning all the termonolgy you folks use :)

LST low stress traing here have done it with these and then put on a scrog (screen of green) net this is what i mean LST is what im doing here before mouting the net. i bend over the main cola making the plant think a deer or something have stepped on it making all its side/under growth become more agressive in a desprat atemp to catch the pollen from the male plant so it can produce seeds for the species survival. just don't start fimming (cutting the tops) its way to easy to overstress them with that technique. Easy Bud From RQS Under 90W UFO With 50 Watt UFO Sidelight - LST & Scrog enjoy :D

Yeah ive seen some videos showing that.. The yield from doing that looks very nice. What you think about compsot for growing? How far away do you have your plants away formyour LEDS?

No such thing as over potting, generally. Some people grow in 100 gallon pots outdoors.

Indoors, a 5 gallon/19L is sufficient.

Light distance is good, slowly move them closer every other day or so. If you start seeing any deformities on the leaves, stop, and back the light off a little. At this age, the light shouldn't be closer than 24" or so.

No such thing as over potting, generally. Some people grow in 100 gallon pots outdoors.

Indoors, a 5 gallon/19L is sufficient.

Light distance is good, slowly move them closer every other day or so. If you start seeing any deformities on the leaves, stop, and back the light off a little. At this age, the light shouldn't be closer than 24" or so.

i agree fully with you no such thing as overpotting, but 100 gallons really people do that? thats not a pot thats a bigass garbage container filled with dirt *LOL* can you please put up a link of one of these massive pots i gotta see this

i agree fully with you no such thing as overpotting, but 100 gallons really people do that? thats not a pot thats a bigass garbage container filled with dirt *LOL* can you please put up a link of one of these massive pots i gotta see this

Well I did a quick search and couldn't find the 100 gallon pots..

I found a 500 gallon smart pot grow: 500 Gallon Smart Pot Outdoor Grow Journal 2014 - Growing Dank

Imagine the root growth with all that space! My plant now would freakin love it. Her roots are starting to circle inside the drain tray lol

Thanks for the help guys! You folks are obv very experienced growers so im all ears if ya's ever have anything to say. Im hoping to have some extra cash coming my way soon so I can get carbon filter, fans etc and start to control the environment a bit little more than I currently am :)

wanna safe money on that filter :)

quick drawing.

Carbon_filter1.png

and yeah yeah guys i know pc fans if only 12v does not move that much air. but then its good that pc fans running 220v is also out there :) got two of them from my nephews dad they worked GREAT for a secret jardin back then.

Carbon for aquarium filters are fine tou just need to crush it up a bit more if possible to get more surface area on the carbon for better uptake of odor

if you a good handyman i would make a big can with a lot of holes eveywere on the sides stick a tubesocking in that so you can fill some carbon in it. take s small can make alot of hole in the sides of that can. put tubesock on the outside on the small can, then push the small can inside the carbon in the big can. close the crack on top of the can so carbon won't spill out with some need cut plastic ring or something creative. connect it to you air outtake with flex tubing. thats how a carbon filter is built. the pro shops just do not use recycles bean cans and such :)

make something like this its way more cheap maybe not as effecient as a high end carbon filter but for a small growroom im sure it will do fine. get 2 socket timers and then you just need to tweek the on/off hours on those two = perfect environment

in my current closet i have no intake or outtake but when summer hits i will mount some and i will make these filters instead. i love the trailerpark boys (Ricky) type of growing :)

Thanks for the help guys! You folks are obv very experienced growers so im all ears if ya's ever have anything to say. Im hoping to have some extra cash coming my way soon so I can get carbon filter, fans etc and start to control the environment a bit little more than I currently am :)

Before you spend a ton of cash on a carbon filter, do a forum search for 'DIY carbon filter'
There are some lower cost alternatives that might be equally effective, and friendly to your wallet.

Sorry I havnt updated this in a while. Have been finding some patches of gooey wet spots on some of the leaves.. have killed the odd black fly. How best to get rid of this type of Aphid? I have been reading that planting Marigold repels them, or even releasing lady birds to eat them. How do you folks control pests like black fly? cheers for any help :) The plant at the front is the Auto Blue Amnesia, auto cheese at the back.

This auto is a cross between ak&kush.. Justcant remember what they name of it is.. I was given it as a free-bee, but she coming on ok.

14032015584.jpg

Back
Top Bottom