2nd Grow, Autos

The little you can see in the bottom right of the last pic I threw out just last nte.. I guess its a case of mistakes made lessons learned. I stupidly didnt have enough bigger pots to upsize its pot. The others where givin bigger pots about2weeks quicker and, I think this stunted its growth. I did give it a bigger pot hoping it would bounce back, but it hasnt happened. The leaves contuined to get more torn and yellowing. I fugired its not gonna get much bigger and now I have the other 3 right under the center of the lights where they seems to be liking.. Just gotta get those black flys! Der only a small amount, but their sucking at the honeydew inside the leaves. I can see the we odd we bit of sap on the odd leaf seeping out from where they have been feeding. What do method of control do yous folks reckomnd recommend ? Thanks again for the advise and tips folks, its always great to hear the thoughts of those who are more experienced at growing :)

Hi.You are obv an experienced grower. Some of your grows look amazing, well done sir. How do you keep black fly away? if attacked, what control measures tdo you take? If I sprayed Garlic water on my plants,( is saposed to repel them) do you think id taste Garlic when smoking the buds? or will the flushing period get rid of any traces of Garlic? I also noticed how well trimmed some plants are on this site. I have just cut the main mainleaves of mine, but do you cut some of th other leaves also to allow more light down the plants? Cheers for tips or advice you can give :)

I haven't had to deal with black flies, so I can only speculate... but my first stop would be here: Sierra Natural Science – Extraordinary Results…Naturally!

They use natural products to make sprays, soil drenches, nutrient supplements, etc.. and the one that I did test on fungus gnats worked great, it killed them instantly, and even killed other bugs I tested it on.

This is the specific product that I used: SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control RTU – Sierra Natural Science

If your garlic method is working, then rock on. But they may or may not lay eggs in soil, so you might want to use a soil drench to kill eggs and larva.
You should be fine using any natural spray all through Veg, but when you start flowering, you really don't want to spray the leaves past the 1st or 2nd week at most. I prefer to stop as soon as I switch to flower, just to be safe.

The flush typically gets rid of excess nutrients in the soil, and plant, and if you're worried about the smell or taste of garlic on your buds, you have the option of budwashing when you harvest. These are 2 videos from members here showing the process:

Everyone has a different approach to defoliation. I personally remove as little as possible, and I only cut leaves off after I have already tried to tuck them out of the way and was unable to do that.

444444444444444444Thanks for the help Antics.. yeah I think im gonna just buy some predator mites next week, as im still finding the odd black fly and, they are leaving holes in the leaves which sap is bleeding out..Im sure mites will sort them out :) These autos have been going now 8-9weeks and no sign of them going into budding yet.. I still have the lights going 18hrs, coz I lost one I want to flower these as long as possible to get as much growth on there as I can. I cut out the odd secondary fan leaves on the smaller side branches. Just to let the light get down through the plants. Because this is the first time ive grown autos, im just curious when you change your lighting hours to 12? Whne they plants starts to show her white pistons?

I change to 12/12 when the plant is the size I want during Veg. I have switched at 5 weeks, 6 weeks, and 11 weeks on my current grow. And keep in mind the plant will approximately double in size during the first few weeks after you switch.

With your plants being autos, you don't have to switch, and can easily keep them on any light cycle you choose, and they will flower fine, which is where the name autoflower comes from.
The only plants you have to switch lighting for are photoperiod plants.

Ive been reading some leave the lights on for autos for 20 hours! In your experience, do autos produce more yield if you leave the lights on for 20 hours for the whiole budding process, or is there no difference to switching to 12 hr cycles.. I done a little light trimming last nte, and tucked away any leaves that I could to allow more light down.. I must say, they 3 of em have put some nice growth on in the last few days :)

Bit of an update.. In 9 days these ladies had bushed out nicely..This is the AK47
X Kush
25032015604.jpg

Thanks Antics, all ive done really is wee bit of light trimming.. but mostly doing ur wee trick of tucking the leaves rather than cutting. have only bee watering when surface of the soil gets bit dry..The soil im using is an organic worm casting mix! Last 2 waterings ive given sparkling water, to get oxygen ot the roots!! Still little concerned about the little aphids problem.. theres isnt many, but enough.. Im finding there tell tail signature of gooy ooze.. Its what they leave behind after feeding from the leaf. Still not much signs of them going into the budding cycle just yet.. They going now 8 weeks, so hopefully not long :)

Man, for pest problems, check out Sierra Natural Science – Extraordinary Results…Naturally!

Their products are natural, so no chemical pesticides or any dangerous stuff. And they even offer free samples of some of the products, you just have to cover the cost of shipping. So for a few bucks you can try them out and see if you like it before buying the big bottles.

And they're a forum sponsor, so you know they'll have great customer service. I have some of their products myself, and they definitely work. Some even kill the bugs instantly.

Keep kicking ass man, it sounds like you have everything else under control :thumb:

Well Antics, just wondering do you think these plants are to mature for topping? still no sign off going inot budding cycle yet..
30032015609.jpg

Topping autos is generally not suggested, as topping can induce a certain degree of stress which can slow them down. A few growers have tried it, but the actual practice of using high stress training techniques is new, and hasn't been perfected on autos.

I would advise against it, but if you choose to do it, keep it mind it can slow growth for a week or so, which basically can mean a week +/- of lost growth.

Nice info buddy, cheers. I think il take ur advice and not do it. Have you any grows going at the momet?

Hello G! I have been following this thread, but as Antics has been helping you out and I know sweet f.a about indoor growing and lights I have not contributed........

What you say about transpiration is very true, I have never grown an auto in coldish conditions like I am doing right now with my AutoMAzars, today is day 24 no pistils yet but upward stretch has doubled the height from when they came outside for good 6 days ago. Adverse conditions will usuallŷ stunt an Auto but not stop her from flowering".....

Thanks Babble for the input.. Im not panicing or anything, im sure they will bud at some point.. Im just a tad impatient as the cost here per gram is 25euros, pure rip off! cheers for the all the help guys :):)

Thanks Babble for the input.. Im not panicing or anything, im sure they will bud at some point.. Im just a tad impatient as the cost here per gram is 25euros, pure rip off! cheers for the all the help guys :):)

That's the spirit :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom