2nd Year Grower - Question

That's okay. I have an idea that I learned a long time ago when I was getting that Mexican grunt weed as youngster with a ton of seeds.
Using a shoebox lid, a card and some physics and you have a seed sifter. Get it? :p
Grind the buds first and then the lid.
They are stuck inside big buds too.
Hope your doing well my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Grind the buds first and then the lid.
They are stuck inside big buds too.
Hope your doing well my friend.

Bill284 😎
Sounds good, my friend! :)
We'll figure it out. These seeds are huge! About the size of a small pea. Shouldn't be hard to find once ground up some. Do you recommend a spinner? Last year, I did it all by hand and a small 3 inch grinder.

Hey bro, I just harvested a whole tent of Herms! I don't really like messing with my flower too much so hand trimmed the lot. Most of the seeds just fell out & the rest was easy to find.. I may still have a few surprises but the buds look and smoke great! 👌

Sounds good, my friend! :)
We'll figure it out. These seeds are huge! About the size of a small pea. Shouldn't be hard to find once ground up some. Do you recommend a spinner? Last year, I did it all by hand and a small 3 inch grinder.
Spinner I find just hammers the buds.
Your going to get a much better product in the end , by hand. :thumb:

Bill284 😎

Started to germinate a new strain for me called Purple Ghost. Anyone ever have any experience with this strain? Thanks. ( indoor grow).
Here is an update to my outside plants, Not quite ready yet. :rolleyes:

Plant09232023-side.jpg

Not less potent but less yeild. As mentioned the resources are used to nurture seeds and not make new flowers. So the potency will be rhe same but there will be less bud.
Removing the seeds depends on what you want to use the bud for. If you want to smoke it then I'd just keep a jar aside and pop the seeds in as you mull up a bud to roll. Other ways are going to destroy you buds.
The way I use to collect seeds is let them dry with the buds and then grab a branch and place it into a brown paper bag and then whip it back and forth and then scoop them out. Otherwise a screen is helpful and you will collect a pile of dry sift hash from below the screen. Buds after this method are wrecked. Still fine for infusions or extractions.
Good luck

Hello everyone! It's been raining for 3 days now!! How do I protect my Buds from what you all call "Bud rot"? I'm trying to keep them somewhat dry but having a hard time. Thanks for your help and patience, ;)
Have you no way of covering them? Could DIY a frame and put some clear thick bags over them.. just keep the rain off? Basically a greenhouse or at least a roof.

Also @Wastei just uploaded some info on how to spot bud rot early so this might be helpful.
Post in thread 'Wastei's Skywalker OG In SCROG' Wastei's Skywalker OG In SCROG

Have you no way of covering them? Could DIY a frame and put some clear thick bags over them.. just keep the rain off? Basically a greenhouse or at least a roof.

Also @Wastei just uploaded some info on how to spot bud rot early so this might be helpful.
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. Yes, I have coverage under my carport. I'll have to wait for daylight. It's just that they are a Beehive to move! Four plants at 50+ pounds. I guess I'm getting a bit of a workout this morning. :rolleyes:
Also, thanks for the link !! :)

Went out in the pouring rain and move the plants under the carport. All dry now or I hope anyways.

Went out in the pouring rain and move the plants under the carport. All dry now or I hope anyways.
Give them a shake or stick a a fan on them to dry them off faster 👍 don't want to see any more rot on this site 🤣 tis the season

Hey everyone! Went outside right before the rains. Living here in New England growing outdoors has be a real challenge. Tons of rain this year.
Here's Two bud shots of the day. Almost ready???

Bud1-10072023.jpg

Bud2-10072023.jpg

By looking at those two photos I cannot say that they are "Almost ready".

Are those the same plants as you have shown in msg #45 posted on Sept 24th? Kind of looks like it with the purple colors.
I'd have to agree w/SW there. Can we get a tight shot of the bud showing the pistils/ stigmas?

Back
Top Bottom