3D printed items for grows

420-magazine-logo-black-1280-jpg.3475066
20231117_164007.jpg

Ok i was sitting on the crapper(toilet) the other day thinking about up coming grow and any issues I may face and 1 thing came to mind ,being able to adjust light height mid grow .
It will be awkward to say the least being a big light and having a grow tent full of plants , so I have a couple of extra little geared motors that im using for the air extraction dampers that should be strong enough to lift the lights.
I was thinking a 2-3 inch diameter x 1200 long barrel positioned at the top centre of tent with motor and a forward/reverse switch and a top limit switch that triggers from light hitting it , the 4 ropes from the ratchets will feed through the barrel from each side and the tie knot so it can't pull back out all knots need to be spaced the same do light sits level.
Then as you run light up the barrel winds each pair of ropes on each side of light fitting around itself.
The gearbox on the motor feels stiff enough to hold the weight of the lights.
Would others find this handy?
I imagine @Jon might find it useful 💁‍♂️
20231113_155754.jpg
Another top idea

I designed some bigger tent pole clips to run a bigger sized conduit (25mm) horizontally around the inside of my 4ft x 4ft tents to hold the tent from being sucked in from the extraction fan and while I was going I designed some do it yourself scrog clips that fit on 25mm electrical conduit and you use builders string to make the scrog net .

20231128_185640.jpg
20231128_185835.jpg

Nice! Melt the end of that builder's string with a lighter or candle or something to keep it from unraveling.
I don't think it will unravel i cant even pull it out when its wrapped around once .
Its a bit hard to notice in picture but they are wedge slots and it grabs the string very well ,I was actually surprised at how good it gripped.

Ok just tested the motor with the barrel attached and i dont think its going to have the grunt to lift the weight of the light , I will do another design with a bigger geared motor.
Back to the drawing board 🙄

Ok I found the bigger geared motor I had and I jumped back on the computer and redesigned the motor end of the light lifter .
Im just about to do a test print for fit after the printer bed warms up, because I print with ABS it needs a hot enclosure or it lifts and warps as it prints
20231208_155656.jpg

Still in prototype stage but this one is a winner, I can't hold this and stop it turning.
So im just printing some other parts and I will probably fit it in tent tomorrow if everything else fits as it should.
Then its test run time
20231209_171436.jpg

Ok here's an update😊 it was working until it stripped out the shaft D slot in the print.
so I will do a slight modification to fit a custom made washer on the inside of the barrel that will go over the shaft and it will have 4 screws aswell as the original D slot in the print ,the combination of the 2 should do the trick
20231210_182313.jpg

Back
Top Bottom