3x3 closet. 1000w mh to big? first

DaddyFatSax09

i accidently bought a complete metal halide system off of ebay by accident cause i made abd offer lol.

but its my first grow and a 1000w mh seems cheap so i wonder if its safe and reliable? i didnt think i was gunna win the auction but i did.. i was wondering if those are too big abd whille throw to much heat? is there anyway i can cool it for aroubd a hundred dollers? can i yous a smaller wattage bulb on the same ballest? i can alwwys sell it but im thinking i got a deal on it.

also my closet is prolly 3x3x8 but i want to use half the height for grow and mabe top half for clones and mother if i get a grasp on that...i was think like 6 autoflower perpeptual grow but now maybe s normal strain scrog style?

idk im all ears and i dont want to start a fire or anything

Re: 3x3 closet. 1000w mh to big? firsr

Well I am running a 1000w HPS in a 4x4x6 tent , the key is venting and removing the hot air, is the hood ventable? They do put off alot of heat, Half that height is really a waste of grow space unless you go a very short veg and then flower. I would not recommend using any other wattage bulb than what the ballist is designed for , it may work but the bulb life will be cut short. With the auto flowers the heigth may not be an issue. Peace an happy growing OG

You can use air cooled reflectors to help with the heat but imo 1000w is to big to have a upper you have to have at least a foot above your plant. the ballast and bulbs need to be the same watts.

i asked the seller if i can change my order to a 600 and im kinda thinking about building a tent or buying one because it will be easier to duct and more room...any ideas for like 3 full size plants? would that be decent for a 600 with no air vent on hood eith 3 plants... and ovc be strong enough to hold the light ducting and some fans?

A little excessive. Can be made.to work but a.600 would give u comparable coverage and output with less heat. 3x3 1kw turns into an easybake oven with the failure of a fan.

no i looked them up and they werr like 150...does that sound right? or should i just try and get an air coolesd hood that way i can aytacj a carbon scrubber aswell

well i found a grow tent on ebay that i can get from ebay for around 70 80 most likely ...
the dimension are 5x5x7 so thats much better and better then something i could makeor turm my closet into... the main thing now im worried about is heat and a fire.def..

do they throw off that much heat.to be worried about that? is it that commen? what would be the most likly cause of it? i was thinking all those plugs on onw power bar or something like that

i bought a sun master 1000 watt mh bulb that has more of a red spectrum and thats y i bought it..but ill say wow it burns soo cool i can put it about 10 in from the tops of my plant with out a worry about burning them..if i keep an eye on them of course because thy grow quick with intensity so close..i run it in a 6w 4d 6h with just a small oscilating fan and a cheepo fan cut into the wall for a vent in the top of the room because obviously hot air rises..no air cooled hood its just a run of the mill 18in by 18in reflector that i actually bought off my uncle haha..works for me but couldnt control temps until i bought the sunmaster bulb

well i biught a dimmible.jd light ballast 1000 watt,470 cfm carbon scrunber fan combo 1000 watt digilux hps, that 5x5 tent ...i think.my room eill be fine.temps specially a fan that large for.exhause with passive vents...keep.it on medium 24hrs and ballast maybe dimmed to 800 watts..and a box fan on the inside.for circulation...just waiting on my beans in the mail amd maybe a outlet with one of those breaks built in, i mean powerstrip and watchdog automatic fireextinguishers and maybe a air cooled hood

Your 5x5 tent was a smart choice with the 1000watt setup. An air cooled hood and fan extraction that empties the hot air out of the room will keep you way cool.

Back
Top Bottom