4-6 lb Extractions and Optimal Purging Equipment

Brickowski

420 Member
Hello,

Planning on doing 4-6 lbs extractions and figure my 1.5 gallon vacuum chamber is to small for purging.

Oven the only reasonable method for this kind of volume? Honey oil final product.

I do a about 2 pounds at a time of trim. Go through 24 cans of butane. My pot is 1.5 gallon. I use one round Pyrex glass dish that I blast into and the transfer it into the vacuumed chamber. Depending on the amount of trim ans the amount of popcorn or small buds I put in there I walk away with 30 to 50 grams of purged BHO per 1 to 2 lbs of trimm.

My glass Pyrex dish is deep. It could definately hold another couple hundred grams of oil.
Just gotta be careful when you vacuum purge it doesn't foam up from all the butane and spill over the edges.

This is my setup. My dish could definately hold the contents of 4 or 5 lbs I'd think.
Just keep an eye on the bubbling
20201126_112601.jpg
20200822_180506.jpg
20200822_180514.jpg

This is my setup. My dish could definately hold the contents of 4 or 5 lbs I'd think.
Just keep an eye on the bubbling
20201126_112601.jpg
20200822_180506.jpg
20200822_180514.jpg
Fantastic looking setup.
Love those bottles.
How did you prep them? Glass cutter?

Yeah brudda.
Cheap carbide glass cutter from the hardware shop. Boiling hot water then cold water.
I drill a small hole into the cap and remove the little rubber or plastic gasket in there.
Just gotta be careful with the screwn on cap when putting butane into them sometimes if lids not secure it can leak out the sides and make your fingers cold. I always wear some gloves in case a bit leaks.

20201126_112206.jpg

20201126_111626.jpg

20201126_112109.jpg

Yeah brudda.
Cheap carbide glass cutter from the hardware shop. Boiling hot water then cold water.
I drill a small hole into the cap and remove the little rubber or plastic gasket in there.
Just gotta be careful with the screwn on cap when putting butane into them sometimes if lids not secure it can leak out the sides and make your fingers cold. I always wear some gloves in case a bit leaks.

20201126_112206.jpg

20201126_111626.jpg

20201126_112109.jpg
Awesome. I have pounds of trim and larf I can’t keep up with.
Your setup seems doable for a newb like me.
Do you use any special ventilation or air exchange.

Awesome. I have pounds of trim and larf I can’t keep up with.
Your setup seems doable for a newb like me.
Do you use any special ventilation or air exchange.

In the winter work in my garage with my main garage door open and my side door open.
Sometimes in the summer I bring a tower fan in there.
I had a guide on here but it was removed because 420 magazine doesn't want to be responsible for idiots blowing themselves up. And I dont blame them It does happen. Especially if your blastin a couple cases that gas can settle.
Alot of these people are also blowing themselves up in bathrooms In hotels and in garages with doors closed..if you take the proper precautions and read the warning label (use in a well ventilated area, contents flammable) you should be fine ;)

The best thing would definately be outside on the backpoarch or back patio.

In the winter work in my garage with my main garage door open and my side door open.
Sometimes in the summer I bring a tower fan in there.
I had a guide on here but it was removed because 420 magazine doesn't want to be responsible for idiots blowing themselves up. And I dont blame them It does happen. Especially if your blastin a couple cases that gas can settle.
Alot of these people are also blowing themselves up in bathrooms In hotels and in garages with doors closed..if you take the proper precautions and read the warning label (use in a well ventilated area, contents flammable) you should be fine ;)

The best thing would definately be outside on the backpoarch or back patio.
Is there anywhere I can find that guide you mentioned. I herd they are relaxing rules around this subject because people were blowing them selves up. It’s better to have some guidance than none at all IMO.

Back
Top Bottom