4 plant best light

Hello General, and welcome to 420 Magazine.
I'm not sure what you are asking here? Are you asking if your light is sufficient enough to go through flower for 4 plants in a 4x4 tent? Also if I understand you correct you are saying that the actual draw from the wall is 600 watts?
If this is correct then yes. Your light will work for 4 plants under 600 watts of led. Sure. you might not get real deep penetration depending on the type of led it is but you will do fine with 600 watts in a 4x4.

Hi folks,new grower and got 4 plants 2 weeks on go under 2000w full spec led ,is okay to go all way as was thinking going 600w ballast.. Thanks Neil.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

We are unsure on the question also. If you have a 600w light, you should be okay. However, if you are looking for awesome lighting options:

Two of our 250w (actual draw) kits would work really well in a 4 x 4 grow space.

IMG_20191022_103840_713.jpg

Morning guys,sorry is bit vague..
Was late in UK and tired/stoned :)
At moment I'm using a full spectrum 2000w led on auto seedlings but was wondering if a 600w ballest or something similar would be as good or what watt would be ideal to use for full grow. Cheers Neil

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191027-090446_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191027-090446_eBay.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 71
Perfect, I've had a lot of success using 1800watt cob LEDs paired with HPS. It's great during colder times, the heat from the HPS keeps things warm and provides the extra red and yellow light during flowering. The LEDs are easier on the electricity and are great on their own during veging.

So you recommend using the led with the the above pic and what watt bulb should I get plz :)
How big is your grow space? A 600watt hps will cover a 1.2m x 1.2m space adequately. If you are planning on expanding in the future you should get a 1000 watt with a dimmable ballast. The 1000watt dimmable is a good option. Another thing to take into account is your ventilation and cooling. Hps will heat up your space a fair bit.

Its 60x60 tent and 4" inline with carbon filter. Need to get small fan for cooling.. won't be going over 4 plants. I will get the dimmable ballast and 600w and really appreciate the help :) Thank you.

Hi @GeneralSpanking , welcome to :420: first. :)

At first, since the led 2000w actual wattage is around 600w, so I suppose it is the traditional blurple lights? If so,you will get around 37.5w/sft. During veg, it is pretty enough. But usually when we are doing flower, you will need around 40~50w/sft for those traditiona blurple led grow light, so you might find a little lack of light later. :Namaste:

If you already have the lights, then I don't recommend you buy another light, just add a compensation light later during flower will be okay.If you choose the same blurple lights, then try to add a light around 200w real wattage will be enough; If you are looking for the upgraded lighting group design leds such as our TS, SP, you will need only 100~150w will be fine. :) You might find our SP 150 really perfect to do combination. :green_heart:

If you really don't know what light to use. Go with a HID light. The 600 watt HPS is a great choice. If that is what you mean by 600 watt ballast.

Lots of LED lights out there. Some good some bad. HPS lights have a proven record over years of use. Start with what works for sure. Then experiment later.

Back
Top Bottom