$400 budget growing questions

Heavygrow420

I will be growing White Widow. Two plants and I want them to get to about 6 foot tall.
I have a $400 budget and I would like to grow with fluerecent lighting.
My grow space is a spare room so there is plenty of room to grow.
Anyone want to help me out with my starting setup? (Lighting, Soil, Pots, etc.)
Also, do I need different lighting to switch the plant into a vegetation state? How many hours a day should I give the plant light in both states of growing?

Hello, Welcome to :420:

There is plenty of available information regarding starting a new growth, how much would it cost, and where to get what you need. You have to start by familiarizing yourself with the world of growing by reading all you can find, you can start by selecting a growing method, i.e. hydro, soil, aero, etc, that suits your budget and space requirements and start from there.
Read the stickies on the FAQ section, before the actual questions by users.
such as this How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Right of the bat I can tell you that $400 is a little low for an indoor grow, and you need to know that you will be spending money all the time in supplies, nutrients, fighting plagues, etc.

Also, you do not want your plants to be 6ft tall indoors, aside from the fact that plants grow smaller indoors than they do outdoors, getting them that big will not necessarily mean a greater yield, and you might also lower the quality significantly.
I'd recommend staying within the 2-4ft range for optimum results (quality/quantity ratio).
Among other issues you will experience.

What your questions reflects, is that you haven't even taken the time to read a little about how to grow, and you can't expect users to answer every question and teach you everything, you need to learn these things by yourself and that's why many users have taken the precious time to compile tutorials, making journals, and sharing their experiences.
There's more than enough information about what you need, all you have to do is google what you need to know.

Is you have particular questions whose answers may not be so easily found, we'll be happy to help you complete you journay towards becoming an experienced grower.

PS: sorry if at times I sound like a dick, not my intention at all.

Good luck and Happy Growing!! :Namaste:

If you've made the effort to register on 420Mag so you can post, I'm betting that you're going to be getting more into growing cannabis than you realize. :cheesygrinsmiley: That's the way it worked for almost all of us. So ... budget ... yeah uh huh, been there, didn't end up doing that. :laughtwo: The $400 is semi-realistic, but I'd bet good money that you'll violate it.

Having said that, yes, you can do this. But think about skipping the flourescents. You just won't be able to flower plants very well. Either think about HPS or LED. But the good news is that you can get enough of either to raise and bloom two plants very well for about $150. Put a white shower curtain around a corner of your room for reflection - cheap. Use some good basic soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest. And I have a great tip for wonderful cheap nutes. There's a timed-release pelletized fertilizer called Osmocote Plus. On this forum it has been used with great success. Search for OC+. Crazy cheap method with fabulous results.

Look around the forum some more and ask any questions you have on this thread. You'll usually get a good answer within a day or so.

:goodluck::Namaste:

[Edit] Here's a link to a thread on Osmocote Plus:

Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

Hi Heavygrow420,
I don't mean to sound like a dick either, hahaha, but your plan seems a bit too ambitious. Let me give you some straight facts from all the knowledge I've gained. And I'm in no way an expert.
Firstly, yes you can grow with fluorescent lights, but they don't yield very well.
You would need a hell of a lot of lights, which would blow your budget out massively, money that would be better spent on a little HPS or LED setup.

You may just be able to get them to a decent size, which would take quite some time, but once it came time to flower, the fluorescent lights can't give the plant enough energy for a decent yield, especially one that's 6FT tall. Sure, you would get some kind of yield, but in my opinion, it would be very poor. Seems like a waste of time, to spend months growing these monsters, and then getting bugger-all off of them.
Sorry if your bubble has been burst. I'm just trying to be realistic with you, and trying to save you some heartache...
As Rodrigo suggested, i would do a little research first.

When i started out, i was always trying to do things on the cheap. I was always trying the quick and easy way, and it has been a disappointing, unfruitful endeavor, and in the long run, an expensive one too.

:Namaste:

Grab a cheap 6 bulb ho t5 fixture for veg. They work awesome in veg. Not so awesome in bloom. Then I'd recommend a 600 watt hps for bloom.

That's what works for me check out my garden. My current bloom room was a spare bedroom

Hi Heavygrow420,
I don't mean to sound like a dick either, hahaha, but your plan seems a bit too ambitious. Let me give you some straight facts from all the knowledge I've gained. And I'm in no way an expert.
Firstly, yes you can grow with fluorescent lights, but they don't yield very well.
You would need a hell of a lot of lights, which would blow your budget out massively, money that would be better spent on a little HPS or LED setup.

You may just be able to get them to a decent size, which would take quite some time, but once it came time to flower, the fluorescent lights can't give the plant enough energy for a decent yield, especially one that's 6FT tall. Sure, you would get some kind of yield, but in my opinion, it would be very poor. Seems like a waste of time, to spend months growing these monsters, and then getting bugger-all off of them.
Sorry if your bubble has been burst. I'm just trying to be realistic with you, and trying to save you some heartache...
As Rodrigo suggested, i would do a little research first.

When i started out, i was always trying to do things on the cheap. I was always trying the quick and easy way, and it has been a disappointing, unfruitful endeavor, and in the long run, an expensive one too.

:Namaste:

If you have the ceiling heighth available 6FT can yield Huge results. Mine are roughly 5 ft to 7ft finished indoor and I yield hp plus per plant roughly 10-13 lbs every 30 days

Back
Top Bottom