Grow setup help

"Hempy" is basically a manual type of hydroponic system in a bucket of some sort. If you do a quick search here or on YT you will find heaps of info. It's remarkably simple, and incredibly effective.
Keep your mother plant in the small created spot, with maybe just a double batten 2 foot T5 flouro on 14 to 15 hours a day ( you won't want it to grow too fast ). You just prune as you need to in order to keep it in good shape and size, then when you need to, take more cuttings from her.
Maybe another T5 up above your mother in another area ( instead of shelves ) for a cutting cabinet.
If you have 6 feet of height you could make your cutting box about 450mm Wide x 600mm High x whatever your depth is. That gives you 450mm Wide x 1200mm High x Depth for Mummy's.
The rest is your Veg and Flower room. Anyway, there's a lot of ways you could go about it, but that's how I'd use the space if that's all I had to work with.
Did that make any sense, I hope it did.
Cheers n Peace

How do you keep the mother short? I need a hydro method that doesnt require me to be present every day.

You just keep pruning, they respond well to pruning.

Needing a hydro method that is reasonably automated will rule Hempy out, you should look at some sort of simple flood and drain setup or deep water culture maybe. I use soil so can't advise you on that front unfortunately, but there is a plethora of info right here for the reading.
Cheers n Peace

What's a tote ? And how big is a tote ?
You can train your plants into almost any size you want, people grow to fruition inside pc cases, it's not the most efficient method, but it is the best use of the small space they have.

Bathtubs are good, many lifetimes ago, I used to use 3 foot square shower bases raised up to a workable waist height, with a catch res under and water my girls rtw. One 400w hps per shower base, 9 to a base, Worked very well back in the day. The bases could be had for bugger all from salvage shops.
One of the things I love about what we do here, is the re purposing and innovation.
Cheers n Peace

I would do 1/3 veg as if your doing hydro they wont be in very long. Make sure the first part of the shed is the veg room that you walk in so you can get in your room during flower lights off. Also i would suggest doing bubble buckets. Just get 5 gallon buckets with 6-8in netpot lid and through some airstones. Get some nice plants and no reservoir needed. 6in ducting should work fine also

Aeroponic systems are great also. They grow fast and dont require much maintenance. However the plants are very temperamental to mistakes in an aero system.

Is there a single air pump that can run 4 buckets?
Im just going to have 1 4ft by 4ft grow area with a 400 or 600 watt light ill sur bubble buckets. And i plan on growing them more as i have a 6 ft space to work with.

Is there a single air pump that can run 4 buckets?
Im just going to have 1 4ft by 4ft grow area with a 400 or 600 watt light ill sur bubble buckets. And i plan on growing them more as i have a 6 ft space to work with.

Yes i use one air pump for 12 buckets. I cant remember the name of the piece but it connects to the air hose and provides multiple heads to run lines to each individual bucket.

Nice choice, go for the 600w then, prices aren't much different, running costs are similar and yields are definitely better. I have a 600hps in a 4x4 tent which is nice, but even two 400's would be better. One 400 is not quite enough for a 4x4 in my opinion. It'll work, but be slightly less than ideal. Whichever way you go, you will love it, learn from it, and probably change how you do it, It's almost inevitable.
Cheers n Peace

Thanks. Its going to take me a little to gather and build but i will be back with pictures...
Have some mystery seeds to play with before i spend on some nicer.

Back
Top Bottom