Help: best closet environment setup

powder123

... so I have enough reading articles and topics about growing all over the internet and i have decided to put together my first GROW BOX.
I want to put together a good environment for my plants so I will be able to grow HIGH QUALITY and BIG YIELDING PLANTS.
Down there I have written some things that I have yet decided about and the ones that I still havent.

GROW ROOM SETUP:

GROW BOX:
so Im planning oncreating compleately separated grow box and put it in the closet.
- grow box size: 60cm x 100cm x 170cm

LIGHTNING:
probably I will purchase two 100W LED PANELS.
- do you think that placing 2 x 100w LED PANEL into my grow box is a good idea or no? What would fit better in my grow box and why?

AIR:
What systems I should use for my growbox setup? I really dont want smell all arround room.
Intake:
Exhaust:
Inside fans:

OTHERS:
I will also purchase PH, EC , HYGRO and T meter.

WHAT SHOULD I GROW AND HOW SHOULD I DO IT?

WHAT TECHNIQUE I SHOULD USE:
In was thinking about growing my cannabis SCROG.
- is this the best technique for my grow box size and other setup?
- should I rather go for SOG or any other technique???

WHICH SEEDS SHOULD I USE AND HOW MANY STRAINS SHOULD I PLANT (Size of pots)?
Im probably going after planting autoflower seeds?
- Should I plant AutoFlower or no?
- How many plants should I plant and in how big pots should I plant them?
- Do you suggest me any strain?

SOIL:
- Which soil do you suggest?

NUTRIENTS:

- Which one do you suggest?

If you think I have forgot about something or you would like to change or advice me anything, please do not hesitate to reply.

Thanks every one for helping.

Too much info to answer all this for you now. If I were you, I would look at the systems used by our contest winners, you can look at dozens of DETAILED journals and I'm sure you will find a few to meet your circumstances/wishes! Best of luck to you. Here are a couple shortcuts to get you all your answers. :peace:

420 Contests
Grow Journals

Hi, right ill do my best to help you where i can

it sounds like you want to grow in a small space so scrog would be perfect for this,

as for leds i cant help ,much as i dont use leds but in a small space like that you will want something that gives off very little heat so go with led's or cfls, if your going to buy leds then check out our sponsors, top led has great prices and products that are proven to work and well worth the money, to find out list of sponsors hold your moust over grow room at the top of page then click on grow room sponsors.

so yes scrog is best and you want low heat lights so led's would be ideal.

cant help with intake and fans as i dont use them for my grow space as i dont need to at this stage as smell is not an issue, but you will need a carbon filter, ducting and a squirel fan and possibly some sort of flap that stops light getting in and out for when you flower the plants, again our sponsors sell carbon filters at good prices

as for strain if you want to grow a scrog then autos are no good, autos you need to let grow as they are because you dont veg them as such they grow and flower on their own without you having to change the light schedule so autos would be ok if you didnt want to do a scrog, if you want a big yielding auto go with big bang auto as its average is 4oz per plant.

now if you are going with a scrog then dont buy autos, dont by sativas either as these get tall pretty quick so not the best for a scrog, id go with an indica strain or mostly indica, if you like strong bud then get something like big budhhas cheese, i buy my seeds from herbies head shops as i find his prices some of the best and his free seed offer is better than most, buy 1 seed and you get 3 free, so cant get much better than that, if you do buy from herbies head shop then click on his site, then scroll down right hand side of screen and click on pick n mix, this will list single seeds so you dont have to buy packs of 10, then you can search using the search options on the left hand side of page, either pick price range or pick indica or what ever options you want to search for,

if you was going to go with sog then you would be better off with a mother plant as even if you went 12-12 from seed the plants would get to big in a sog style for your grow, you would need to grow a mother plant then take clones and grow these 12-12 from clone, yields will be small but this is not a problem with a sog style grow as you could have 100 plants and get 10g dry per plant thats 1000g dry every 8 to 10 weeks, so sog is best for clones or autos that dont have big yields,

now for soil dont go with miracle grow, its to hot for the plants and causes major problems for seedlings and clones, i use cheap compost that the super market sells and i get great results with that, but again we have a sponsor called scientific soils and thats perfect and designed for these plants so you wont have any problems, but any tomato compost is ideal for these plants,

now for nutrients, i cant tell you what i use as their no longer a sponsor and ive not used any other product, how ever i am waiting for products from the sponsors due to winning the motm contest so i wil be trying some of these other products, now the product im really keen to try is this brand from our sponsors,
Doggett & Simpson - Our Products
seems very easy to use and should work very well indeed.

give us a shout if you need anything else, ill do my best to help but theirs to many strains out their to know whats best, but i like cheese strains so big buddha cheese, or ken estes gdp is another good strain,

Trichomes and donpaul.p thanks for help.

So now its known that I will:

- grow in SCROG technique
- plant indica strain
- use LED lights (ive change my mind i will go for 2x 180W leds from TOP LED)
- go for 125mm outopud fan with carbon filtre and two inside fans moving the air arround

But I still wonder:
- which indica seed to buy
- do i need intake fan?
- how to manage smell?
- how much plants to grow in my growbox?
- how big (L) pots should I use?

Great advice from dp as always, can't add much except in relation to fan etc. For that size space you don't need an intake fan, just use passive intakes. Not sure where you're based but you can get 4" darkroom louvres from the US - I had to get mine shipped from there and the shipping and import duty added to the cost. They're great, completely lightproof and you just need to drill 4" holes and then clip them in so paying the bit extra for them saves loads of hassle and you can be confident they wont let light in or out.

Your space is only around 1m3 so you don't need a huge extractor fan to empty the cupboard of air and replace it plenty of times per hour. Standard 4" (100mm) grow room extractors run at about 175m3/h so this will empty and replace the air in your cupboard 175 times in an hour, more than enough.
If you have a carbon filter in the top of the cupboard as dp suggested with the fan attached to this drawing the air through it and blowing it out of the top or back of the cupboard, with a few 4" passive intakes drilled in the front and sides near the bottom this will draw fresh air in, and then up through the cupboard. As long as everything else is sealed and you have negative pressure (I.e a slight vacuum due to more air being sucked out than can get in) then you won't get any smell outside the cupboard, as long as the extractor fan is running 24/7.

If you do use lightproof louvres then they restrict airflow a bit so you'll need a few more of them (probably at least four as a minimum I'd suggest, otherwise you just create a big vacuum and don't get enough air exchange).
If you check out the beginning of my AutoBomb journal you'll see how I set my cupboard up with the fan - follow the same principle and it will work fine for your size space too.

Seeds are completely up to you - choose what you fancy mate!

Scrog in that space and one plant would probably be perfect; slightly longer veg time but less hassle than trying to scrog two different plants in the same net, but you may be able to get away with two

the strain can very. more space mean you can grow bigger plants and more. I personally like indica strains like white widow, great white, skunk#1, Northernlights. so its all up to you on your favorite strain. I heard big bud is a high yielder. for the smell your going to want a carbon air scrubber. you can buy one that's already made for a decent one like 60 bucks. using a 120mm pcfan pulling air from box with carbon filter on the end should stop smell, just know that your going to have to change the carbon to fresh charged carbon. for the pot size you can use 6" or 8" for the hole grow if you want and use as many as you can fit. it sounds like you have some room so my guess atleast 8 plants going. when I was using soil I used fox farm oceans forest and it worked great. also if you order seeds I would go with herbies!!! im ordering from him and his site is very easy to use and he has the best prices. he also gives free seed deals. his link is in the sponsors part of the site and if you order from him let him know your heard from the site... thanks and hope I helped.. good luck!!!!!

if you do try herbies and dont want to buy packs of 10 or more seeds then go to herbies head shop, then scroll down the right hand side of screen and click on pick n mix, then when that page loads up use the search options on left hand side of screen and choose price range i find is the best option as it shows a lot more seeds, or choose indica and have a look what pops up,

a lot of strains are crossed with ak47 because ak47 yields well, so most cross strains with this to increase yield, but their are many top strains out their, just take you pic and go with it, if you want to make sure you only get females then go with femenised seeds, that will rule out any males

Back
Top Bottom