Setup almost done?

Read this. It would be great if it was genetics which it could be but never take out the possibility of a deficiency? What ph is the water your using? What about mulch? Have you read about that? Without a balanced ph system plants can lockout and not absorb proper nutes. And stems are great indictators of genétics but usually they go fro. Stem and vein as well as l3af. When u say waves of purple...sounds like it could be phosphorus-deficiency. The purple stops before the veins. ..which [URL="https://www.------------.com/phosphorus-deficiency-cannabis"[/URL]

The vain underneath the leads have a nice purple color but no other (p) defenicy symptoms at all but I'm going to watch closely. I used tap water that I let sit longer than 24 hours.about mulch' the roots are taking really nuch and it stays moist really giving plenty of water. But i used aged mulch bugs and all maybe that will help with nutes But no ph tester till Thursday. Is there something with (p) I can give without buying anything. Like home stuff

The vain underneath the leads have a nice purple color but no other (p) defenicy symptoms at all but I'm going to watch closely. I used tap water that I let sit longer than 24 hours.about mulch' the roots are taking really nuch and it stays moist really giving plenty of water. But i used aged mulch bugs and all maybe that will help with nutes But no ph tester till Thursday. Is there something with (p) I can give without buying anything. Like home stuff

It would be great if it was genetics which it could be but never take out the possibility of a deficiency? What ph is the water your using? What about mulch? Have you read about that? Without a balanced ph system plants can lockout and not absorb proper nutes. And stems are great indictators of genétics but usually they go fro. Stem and vein as well as l3af. When u say waves of purple...sounds like it could be phosphorus-deficiency. The purple stops before the veins. ..which fro. What I have read is usually a deficiency. Genetics will turn it all the way.

KIMG01071.jpg
KIMG01071.jpg
Welcome fellow 420 grower! I just harvested my first grow with amazing success. I'm sure to get about 4 ounces. Super happy.
Here's my advise for helping your grow.

Get the best lights you can afford. If your running Cfl or T5 lights,they need to be very close to your plants. Heat will not be much of an issue with T5s but Cfl can get warm. Just run a small fan to clear the heat. I run a 400 watt mh and it gets really hot so I have a fan to evacuate the heat from the tent and a small clip fan to blow over the light to keep the heat off the tops. I run my light about 16 inches from the tops.

Get good soil. I use fox farm ocean harvest. It has ferts in it. Enough to feed the plants for about a month. I then use all of fox farm nutrients. I swear by them. Organic also. Just follow the feeding schedule.

Choose a decent size pot. I have all of my plants in 5 gallon containers. My harvested plant got to 5.5 feet tall before I sent into flower.she was about 4 feet in diameter. Remember the larger the pot, the bigger you can grow. You don't want it becoming root bound. I would transfer to at least a 6" pot as soon as the roots are established.

Check ph everytime you water. I run mine at 6 to 6.2 and it works great.

Hope this info helps. This is what I have been learning from a couple of very experienced growers. I've seen their results and its amazing.

Good luck!

I'm just trying out a micro grow. Dnr want a big plant. I just added ashes cause I read something on here about it hope it gets better.

Just a few comments to several posts:

1. Nutrient deficiencies are not likely at this early stage. Don't worry about purple parts as yet.

2. Mulch has very low if any (freely available) nutritional value so if you do not transplant into proper soil (or other medium) you will need to supplement this soon. Not yet, but soon.

3. If you use proper "good" soil, you will not need to be quite as stringent and exact with nutrients or constantly monitor pH as you will need to if using other mediums. "Good" soil has all the needed nutrients to start with, and great buffering capability for nutrients, pH and supplements (easiest to start first grow with).

4. Be careful if/when adding "ashes" (wood ash I take it?). A little goes a LOOOONG way. Wood ash contains a lot of nutrients, but mainly potassium (K). With water added, this is in the form of KOH which is alkali. This will quickly raise pH far above what your plants like and can cause all sorts of problems. Not a good easy source of nutrients for a beginner to use.

Once you get the bare basics sorted; soil, light, temperature & humidity (they pretty much like the same ambient conditions most people do with a bit more light added), these are fairly easy plants to grow.
There is no voodoo involved.

Love the photos, the plants at this stage are sooooo cute :)

I barely used any ash was gonna add more but glad I read this. I plan on buying nutes in the morning just waiting for pay check. I think it's is definency one leaf has a lil yellow I do believe

20151028_132917.jpg
here's what I'm talking bout
At this stage of the plants life the plant has been getting all the nutrients it needs from what was inside the seed to begin with, the 2 leaves that are yellowing is completely normal since they are not "true leaves" the plant has been sucking the sugars out of those leaves in order to grow and produce true leaves. Like the set of green ones with the seated edges just above them. Some will claim that these are not even the 1st set of true leaves that the next set to appear are actually the 1st set of true leave, that is open for debate.
Here are a few tips that you may, or may not find useful.
1- get 2 more cups of the same size as the one your plant is in, put the same medium in both to the same level as the one with your plant. Label one dry, one wet. Now water the one marked wet and pick it up in one hand, now pick up the one marked dry in the other hand. When your plant weighs about the same as the one marked dry, then it is time to water.
2-Transplant this pant into actual potting soil. If you get a decent potting soil then you will not have to worry about feeding your plant anything for around 4 weeks, though if you do feel compelled to feed it something, do so at 1/4 recommended strength until your past the 4 week period, then only bump it up to 1/2 recommended strength for a few more weeks.
3- Good potting soil is the easiest medium to learn how to grow in. Don't believe me? check out my journal, if I can grow it, you can grow it. While am a good electrician, I am no farmer.
4-If you are going to continue using CFLs as someone already posted, get more of them.
5- Ventilation, plants require CO2 and give off O2 so if you have no ventilation the plant will be struggling to get air which creates stress. It would be like if you were locked in a room with no ventilation, at some point the CO2 levels would increase and the O2 levels would decrease as you use up all the available oxygen.
6-and last but not least, READ READ READ. I have watched every grow video youtube has, including the ones about growing vegetables and have learned a ton through others mistakes. Gardening is gardening, weather it is weed or vegetables, the only real difference is the amount of light each requires and what nutrients they need to strive.

We all start at the beginning, the difference is how we get to the end. It is not a race, and it is much more fun to cross the finish line with a friend then to go it alone.

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me was starting to worry. I've been using a air pump for sum vent untill I can get a real fan which is tomorrow and will also get better and more lights and soil. Should I still get the seedlings soil or regular soil being at this point? This is day 8 of veg

So I got a thermometer and humidity. It's around 80 but humidity is at 40. Ph was way high around 8.5 so add water with around 5 to 6 ph lvl trying to lower it going to test in a minute. Thanks for all advice I really had things messed up

So I got a thermometer and humidity. It's around 80 but humidity is at 40. Ph was way high around 8.5 so add water with around 5 to 6 ph lvl trying to lower it going to test in a minute. Thanks for all advice I really had things messed up

Awesome! Your girls will surely thank you for getting those things. 40% isn't bad, I live in a pretty dry climate, and without a humidifier my humidity hovers around 38-40%. I've never had a problem, and I've never had MOLD.

it may take a couple waterings to get your ph back in whack, if just watering with ph balanced doesn't fix your ph, you can try giving them a flush.

I installed fans one blown on them and one blowing air out of box. Temp dropped to 80 hoping lower by morn. Ph is like 6 6.5 but I'm not sure if mulch is soil base or soilless? any ideas

I installed fans one blown on them and one blowing air out of box. Temp dropped to 80 hoping lower by morn. Ph is like 6 6.5 but I'm not sure if mulch is soil base or soilless? any ideas
Can not help out on the mulch part but I know I run into the low 80s all the time with my pants with no issues. I also have grown with low RH and had no issues with that either other then it drove me crazy trying to get it where I thought it should be.

Back
Top Bottom