400 Watt HPS vs 550 True Watts Of CFL & LED

Ganjagrowergu

I am in a situation where I am being forced to upgrade to HPS.

My current setup is in a 48"x32"x60" tent. My lights are a mars300 1x 250watt cfl in a wing reflector and a couple small watt cfl arrays.

Half of my big CFL is burnt out and my smaller CFLs seem to be dying at an alarming rate. Replacement 250watter is about $90 :cough: . Obviously that is just too much money for what it is. So I am looking and reading and reading and shopping. It is apparent that HID is the most economically viable replacement.

But then I recalled that I only have a 60" ceiling. According to some charts:passitleft: I found on 420, I need about 13" of distance to the canopy for a good 400watter.

So I am torn. I have a 10.6ft² area to cover. I always follow the 50watts per ft² rule so a 600w lamp would be perfect, if not for my low ceiling. I guess if there is any question I have, it is this.... "Is it worth it to run a single 400w in my space or should I just dump some more cash into smaller CFLs and go for 50watts/ft²?"

Stoned and tired, ugh.

not sure what your asking man.

that mars is 125 watts, and the CFL is not a true 250watts, is it? I dont know much about cfls but you need alot of them,.

If you go the HID route, u need ventilation,

The mars claims 135+ or -5. The cfl is a true 250watt, big damn light. I have a very low 60" ceiling in my tent. Can I get away with a 400w HPS or do I need to continue with my inferior lighting? And if I go with the 400w, will it provide good results at 40watts ft² vs my cfl clusterf***?

If I could afford LED, I sure would, but I can't. I'm just in a predicament and poking around for input

its probably the cheapest route, ( hps ) but concidering strecht you will get, and HPS takes what, 15 inches or so, IDK.

Whats your budget?

Well, Dan @TimberGrowLights says he is going to hook me up. I'm over budget, but I saw that coming a mile away. Lol. When I go on their website my wife drools over their products and soon enough we will be drooling over our produce.

Back
Top Bottom