420 protest in dc

wannabgreen

hello all i would like to get alot of peeps together in dc on 420 to protest for the legalization of pot---an in your face,thousands of people strong, loud but peacefull protest for the legalization of cannabis--
i myself have an extended van and a friend wth 1 also we both have them filled with others for the trip and would love if many thousands more showed up to help make a scene- so even if you cant make it please spread the word and hopefully you may tell some1 who'll show
maybe some folks would get folks together to protest in your own states capital on 420 also? if that would happen also it would be absolutely stupendous!!!

we have been thinking mall--but are still unsure at this point-i have posted this on several other sites and places aswell and have gotten some messages wandering if there should just be individual state capital protests--i think dc and as many state capitals as possible would be great-but i'm not so sure enough folks will put the pipe and twinkies down long enough to shut off their tvs, computers and video games get up off the couch and make some noise with us--
i was actually kinda hopeing that someone with some organizational skills would see one my postings for this and maybe takeover or at least helpout in trying to get the word out and provide some kind of organization to it

4:20 on 4/20 would be ideal--dont ya think???

have not yet tried to contact norml or mpp or n e of the others altho was thinkn of trying even hightimes to c if theyd put something in their april edition for it also, was planning on trying that this week, i dont have good people skills so im hopeing they just love the idea or i wont be able to get em hooked on it

the time sure seems to be right to put the pressure on

i just got done sending emails for help promoting this to several differant groups including norml, mpp, hightimes, and a couple others. not so sure any of them will want to help promote a protest but it's certainly worth a shot if i dont hear from any of them come tuesday afternoon i'll get the numbers and actually call and try to talk them into promoting it

i was contacted by mpp this morning and they dont want anything to do with the protest themselves because of the possibility of things going wrong, and hurting their relationships with legislators and such--but they did give me a web address for an organized group who have already got permits and a planned march route in place for an event that will march from the washington monument to lafayette park it is on 4/20/11 at 10 am(gathering time) the actual march will start at 11
all details can be seen on the website listed below and if you cant show they are also accepting donations to put towards the movement

i'm not sure if we are able to post links in here to another website but beings its about the protest i'll put it up here it is
Overgrow the Government | March with us from Lafayette Park to the Washington Monument on 4/20/2011

Be careful posting links. There is also 420inDC holding a rally. There will be thousands of friendly folks there. Since I was told not to post any links, just google 420inDC to get the info. Hope to see everyone there.

Back
Top Bottom