4th Week Flower And Problems With WPM

Happy to report that I just did another check on the girls. They're all looking great temps at 79f with RH at 39%. I'll definitely keep an eye on them and do another light spray in three days. I was worried the buds would soak up some kind of smell, but they smell good as hell. The Nuke Em doesn't smell bad but I don't want my buds dankness altered they also look refreshed in a way. I'm hitting up my veg room this evening, I'm sure the spores hitched a ride at some point with me so might as well since I still have a little of the mix left and its only good for 24 hours once mixed. Iwitfum, Vastok , thanks your feedback helped me decide to get it done and not procrastinate about it.

Just one more note: I read somewhere that powdery mildew spores are "ubiquitous" meaning, present everywhere. Now I'm sure there are some limitations to this (i.e. outerspace, center of the earth, in a vacuum...crazy places like that), but in our growing environment, they are around us constantly and a single spore can sit around dormant for decades and form a new colony by itself! Fungus is amazing stuff, but try your best not to cultivate a welcoming environment for it around your cannabis (at least around the leaves and buds and stems)

Cheers :thumb:

Yep I read that too. I don't know why but my humidity is actually a little lower than usual at 35% but I'm not complaining. I spayed them right before I put them into the flower room and things were borderline for awhile then I wasn't feeling well for a little while and things got overgrown and I fell behind. Well I've humped it for about a week now and things are looking good. Although I think I over did it a little on the pruning and took too many fan leaves, but I was stressing about the WPM. I also have much lower humidity from some adjustments to the room and the addition of a dehumidifier. One more spray on mainly the leaves and I should be able to harvest when they are fully mature. It really sucks because there is no way of knowing how much weight I'll get off each plant.

Well did inspection today and found two leaves with what appeared sort of like mildew didn't want to mess around and cut them it was at the top near the biggest bud where I had a feeling i might have missed but no other signs and the girls look great, I'm not too bummed I knew the woman wasn't going to just go away. I'll be spraying again in a few days. I'm sure everything will be fine RH has only gotten as high as 44% since spraying. I'll keep posting on it because if this stuff works I'll be singing its praises

Hey 420 doing an update on the powder mold issue and I'm happy to say since the second application I haven't even found one leaf with WPM. So it appears the Nuke 'em worked and there is no smell from spraying. I'm actually going to do another application next week. I'm also happy to say that RH in my room hasn't been over 49% since I installed my exhaust so hopefully the WPM cant even take hold if it wanted to. My RH only goes up as high as 44% during lights off but spikes up to 48-49% for an hour or two if I turn the lights on at 100% first thing in the morning. Here's some pics

Sweet. They are looking good! I think your humidity is nothing to worry about at that range. My RH spikes up to 70 and 80% at some point during the lights off hours and (knock on wood) I haven't had an PM for a while (like seven or eight rounds). My RH always goes back down to 30 or 40 during lights on so I think it can't be spiking for very long or for any concernable reason. I will probably try nuke'em now that it's been seven days for you and no reappearance. Thanks for the update!

Thanks, the only slightly negative thing I could say about Nuke 'em is that I can still faintly smell it in my grow room. Not on my bud AT ALL, but I did spray the floors and walls, so I'm sure it found its way into some nooks and crannies but its not a bad smell so oh well. I'll be doing a bud wash at harvest so I'm not worried about it. Hey I forgot I actually snipped a bud off my Jedi and one off a Connie Chung because of being in a bad spot.(Not to test my bud or anything like that) so I let them air dry and smoked them. NO bad taste whatsoever in fact the bud tasted good just a tiny bit harsh but nowhere as bad as I expected with all the nutes still in the leaves. Also I actually felt something off them. Crazy, I cant wait till harvest and now I know they'll make it

Bad news I found one of my Jedi Kush had a branch that had WPM hiding in the nooks. I thought it was trichs at first because the jedi is covered in them. I cut off the three buds that I knew for certain had it but its hard to tell with the rest. I was rotating the plants and noticed it and when the fan rotated back my way I watched as all the spores flew away. At least I'm pretty sure they are all dead I've never seen the spores just fly away like that. I've made a really hostile environment for them. RH% hasn't been above 50% in over a week. I'm thinking of just spraying again tomorrow and hope for the best. I'm getting a microscope today. So I can check after I spray again I also did a thorough inspection no other plants have visible spores growing. what do you think?

Well yesterday I took the offending Jedi and the 2 next to it an drenched them in nuke 'em then took 2 fans on full blast and sat in a dark room slowly rotating each one in front of the fans till dry. took like 2 hours but it made me feel a lot better. Did thorough inspection this morning and found wpm on only two branches. they were the lowest two on that plant and after watching the fan movement noticed those two were slightly out of direct airflow. So I just chopped those two did a budwash and they are hanging up to dry. There aren't anymore spots on any of my plants after searching for more for about an hour. I will be checking every morning though.

I found one plant with WPM on the small leaves that are right below the buds in the center where the vein dips in are tiny spots of mildew its not growing on the bud though. What should I do? Its one of the Sativas too so its not even close to finish. Should I just wipe the leaves off or just take her out of the room and increase airflow for the others. Should I just cut my loses with that plant? Or can it be saved?

I found one plant with WPM on the small leaves that are right below the buds in the center where the vein dips in are tiny spots of mildew its not growing on the bud though. What should I do? Its one of the Sativas too so its not even close to finish. Should I just wipe the leaves off or just take her out of the room and increase airflow for the others. Should I just cut my loses with that plant? Or can it be saved?

You can try and save it, yes..wash off those leaves. So, as long as the PM isnt in the buds you might still be fine. Dont let the nights get to cold and keep the humidity below 35%. PM is a cakewalk compared to some things. Be greatful its PM and not russets..lol:Namaste:

You can try and save it, yes..wash off those leaves. So, as long as the PM isnt in the buds you might still be fine. Dont let the nights get to cold and keep the humidity below 35%. PM is a cakewalk compared to some things. Be greatful its PM and not russets..lol:Namaste:

I would definitely try and save it. It doesn't sound like it's gotten out of hand. I think you should try and figure out why it came back though. Reoccurrence within such a shot period of time is a pretty good sign that something environmental is causing this. That could have to do with a non-filtered intake fan, humidity during the dark hours, mildew growing in the walls and raising humidity in between the studs, ect, ect.

Off topic:
as mrgreenisland mentioned, russets are harder to get rid off and are much more of a nightmare, but I find its best to treat any problem like russets; If you intend for your plants to be as healthy as possible, problems need to be dealt with immediately and with equal vigor and not staggered based on potential damage. Immune responses to mildew and bugs start almost as soon as the plants contracts these issues so they will be sacrificing growth to try to ward off their attackers.

I would definitely try and save it. It doesn't sound like it's gotten out of hand. I think you should try and figure out why it came back though. Reoccurrence within such a shot period of time is a pretty good sign that something environmental is causing this. That could have to do with a non-filtered intake fan, humidity during the dark hours, mildew growing in the walls and raising humidity in between the studs, ect, ect.

Off topic:
as mrgreenisland mentioned, russets are harder to get rid off and are much more of a nightmare, but I find its best to treat any problem like russets; If you intend for your plants to be as healthy as possible, problems need to be dealt with immediately and with equal vigor and not staggered based on potential damage. Immune responses to mildew and bugs start almost as soon as the plants contracts these issues so they will be sacrificing growth to try to ward off their attackers.

Agreed. My only thoughts on this is at some point russets get to a point where tear down and starting over is the best option but that has never been the case with PM in my experience. The biggest reason for this I feel is russets can be hard to spot until they get out of hand sometimes where as Pm is pretty easy to spot. Im coming from the perspective of mulitple 100,000 sq ft grows though so that isnt really the norm, in the case of a closet grow its feasible to scope every plant every day and catch them early. When your talking about acres its not so feasible anymore:) Good point though! IMO preventative maintenance as well as a good (proven) pest management/disease system in place is always the best route:)

I just went in and found some on the lowest leaves nestled in right next to the buds and I just started cutting all the small buds and quite a few lower branches I'm not happy about it especially since I might have been a little quick to cut some because the trichromes on the Jedi leaves are very dense and might have mistaken a spot or two for WPM I'm certain its a combo of the fact that my exhaust blows directly outside my room and some probably makes its way back in and I think I need another fan or more space in between the plants or with the setup as is I need to clear some undergrowth for the sake of the rest of the plant. I'm not sure but I'm just going to finish taking off all the smaller buds and leaves off the Jedis and as long as its only the leaves on the Maui I'll just wipe them off but if it's in the trichromes on any parts I'm cutting them its not wiping off if its in there and I don't want to spray nothing at this late in the game. I'll post pics when I'm finished.

You should have heard me cussing up a storm because I thought I spotted more WPM. I even went and got the snips. Had to take a second look. Went and got my loupe, nope its trichs. On my Jedi they are all short and basically the same height and they were all pushed sideways. Making it look like I had a white blanket across a trim leaf
Trichs_Jedi_49.jpg

View image in gallery

Back
Top Bottom