Let's talk WPM and Botrytis during Flower Stage!

Zephyrs

I just wanted to start a conversation about the dreaded WPM and Bud Rot amongst other cultivaters :passitleft:.

Ok, what is your guys/gals GoTo solution for said problems of the title?? Is it a Homemade solution? A Commercial name brand of sorts?? Let's hear what works best. For Outdoor Plants as well as Indoor Plants!!

I've tried every home remedy from baking soda n water, to lemon juice n water, to apple cider vinegar water, to got's damn milk n water sprays with negligible results.

What is "The Best" Botrytis / and or WPM killer on your plants?? From your experience??

We are into mid-late September here wi my ladies. WPM is running rampant. Did a couple treatments of Citrus n water & water, baking soda, and drop of soap. It works for about 5-7 days. Then the wpm seems to creep back in Again:smokin:So any ideas there? @garybo or @Regrowth? Or any other Exp. Outside Growers :peace:

I'm not sure I'm the right person for advice on this matter tbh.
I don't grow outside enough or have much experience but others will.
I tend to stumble my way around and there's a good chance I'll be battling WPM soon enough too.

Hopefully someone answers you. I do know @InTheShed and @Lerugged might have some suggestions.
For example using Citric Acid or Potassium Sorbate.
Honestly it sounds like maybe you've tried most solutions I've come across.
I've heard somewhere WPM is systemic. Maybe someone could confirm.
It would basically mean that it'll just keep coming back and your best bet is continuous preventative treatments.

Also it wouldn't hurt to ask in the Canadian Growers Thread,
or other places that have shitty climates to grow in lol...
Just meaning some of the outdoor growers might have a trick or two to share.
And it would also be nice to hear some of the commercial options available for WPM or even botrytis.
Perhaps some approved in the legal sector where combustion issues have been ruled out.

I use a .25% citric acid spray with distilled water and a bit of yucca powder (citric acid is available in the baking aisle) for PM. It kills what's there but doesn't prevent new instances, so it needs to be used on a regular basis if it's PM season. No idea if it prevents botrytis but I do know I haven't had much since I've been using it.

Of course, correlation does not imply causation!

I use a .25% citric acid spray (citric acid is available in the baking aisle)
Thank You in advance there @InTheShed! What is it commonly known as in the grocery store?? Baking isle?

I'm not sure I'm the right person for advice on this matter tbh.
I don't grow outside enough or have much experience but others will.
I tend to stumble my way around and there's a good chance I'll be battling WPM soon enough too.

Hopefully someone answers you. I do know @InTheShed and @Lerugged might have some suggestions.
For example using Citric Acid or Potassium Sorbate.
Honestly it sounds like maybe you've tried most solutions I've come across.
I've heard somewhere WPM is systemic. Maybe someone could confirm.
It would basically mean that it'll just keep coming back and your best bet is continuous preventative treatments.

Also it wouldn't hurt to ask in the Canadian Growers Thread,
or other places that have shitty climates to grow in lol...
Just meaning some of the outdoor growers might have a trick or two to share.
And it would also be nice to hear some of the commercial options available for WPM or even botrytis.
Perhaps some approved in the legal sector where combustion issues have been ruled out.
I know @Danishoes21 was having success with a Jadam tea made with white willow, horsetail, neetles and comfrey .CL🍀

I know @Danishoes21 was having success with a Jadam tea made with white willow, horsetail, neetles etc. CL🍀
Well I do have natural Willow trees growing out in the swamp behind my place. I heard Willow bark is beneficial for bugs. But I always open to New Knowledge.

I use a .25% citric acid spray with distilled water and a bit of yucca powder (citric acid is available in the baking aisle) for PM. It kills what's there but doesn't prevent new instances, so it needs to be used on a regular basis if it's PM season. No idea if it prevents botrytis but I do know I haven't had much since I've been using it.

Of course, correlation does not imply causation!
What is a .25% citric acid spray?? Are you just talking about Straight Up Lemon juice?? Seriously? I know what yucca powder is. It just sounds like your saying 1 quarter of 1 percent of citric acid?? Help me out Holmes :ganjamon:

Not lemon juice but maybe that's an alternative. Citric acid is available as a powder for baking.
You can use it as a pH down, for bud washing or for making your gummies sour so it's a bit multi purpose.

That made me do a little math: Google says that 1.25tsp of citric acid weighs 6.125g.
If you mix 6.125g of citric acid in 500ml of distilled water you get a spray that's 1.23% citric acid, which is higher than my old recommendation (to which I believe Smoking Wings is referring).

Better to go with my new recommendation of a .25% solution, which would be 1.25g of citric acid in 500ml of distilled water.

I mix mine 1500ml at a time in a pump sprayer with 3.75g of citric acid.

Don't forget to add a few drops of dish soap (or some yucca powder) to make the spray stick to the leaves. In 1500ml of water I add less than 1/16th tsp of RAW brand yucca powder and that's plenty!

Not lemon juice but maybe that's an alternative. Citric acid is available as a powder for baking.
You can use it as a pH down, for bud washing or for making your gummies sour so it's a bit multi purpose.
Oh Balls, LOL! 😜 I had too Damn many Runtz Muffin bong hits and a drink. Maybe I could see if I could figure out what your saying in the morning :high-five: :ganjamon::peace:

That's exactly what I'm saying. 5g of citric acid in 2000ml of distilled water and a tiny bit of yucca powder. I use less than 1/16 tsp in a gallon of water.
Right On Brother :high-five: :Rasta:That's New Information I love to hear, Cheers too ya!! :passitleft:

What is a .25% citric acid spray?? Are you just talking about Straight Up Lemon juice??
A spraying solution of water and pure citric acid crystals. It will not taste or smell like lemon juice, orange juice or even grapefruit juice. I get a unique smell and/or taste in my mouth from the stuff while I am mixing it with water.

What is it commonly known as in the grocery store?? Baking isle?
Known as Citric Acid. It can also be found in the section where the canning jars and supplies are since it is used to help preserve certain canned foods. Being as canning season has begun some supermarkets might be out so check with health food or organic foods places.

citric-ball.jpg
citric-wages.jpg

I playing around with numerous ideas, the best resolve for me was a garbage bag.
When you 4 weeks into flower problem solved in under 5 minutes.

D3D1B7CD-FAC2-4EEE-96DA-F51A1ECF2666.jpeg

99C5FB07-3FA4-47E7-AA29-E2A00F46CC1C.jpeg
i'm really not understanding the Garbage Bag trick. please do elaborate. :smokin:

This one way to treat power mildew .

The other would be a flame thrower.

Cut your losses, throw the chit out , clean up 4-5 times and move on.
But what if they are outdoor plants till Mid Oct.? Indoors say in a grow tent, then ya I get what you sayin. Bag em an tag em for the compost pile. But outdoors is a totally different dragon!

But what if they are outdoor plants till Mid Oct.? Indoors say in a grow tent, then ya I get what you sayin. Bag em an tag em for the compost pile. But outdoors is a totally different dragon!
Mildew outside grows at a bit slower pace as it’s a bit cooler for me .
The last time outside I used some of Barney’s strains for there mildew resistance and then finishing before Halloween .

Back
Top Bottom