Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts

Well I think SHE is a Boy :(

If anyone can confirm you will save me some hopes :p.

Tiny Balls inbetween the stalks.

P8145409.JPG
P8145408.JPG

Would need a closer picture to tell for sure. I think you have hope still.

So here is the best growth I have to picture. (nothing really developing around the stalk) Top of each stalk has one of these. Looks like a male, but nothing is dangling, I dont see any hairs coming from it (but haven't used a magnifying glass). Hopefully you can tell from my somewhat better pictures today.

P8155414.JPG
P8155418.JPG

I am going to keep looking but havn't found for certain... Just I get the feeling this is no girl.

I think I am ruling out that its a female sadly :(. But I think it could possibly be a Hermie.... But you guys are way more knowledgable than me.

Don't see any pistols. Do you Have any other girls around that plant.
It usually takes a couple weeks for the sacs to open
I am looking on my cell phone though.

I do not have any other plants this is my only one. So no worries of cross pollination. I think I am going to attempt to keep it either way. If it is a male, are the seeds worthwhile collecting and planting again? or is there no chance for good seeds?

Thanks.

If its male you will get pollen, no seeds. If its Hermie you will get seeds but they will be a replica of the mother, Hermie's. Fem seeds are from breeding back to itself but the female is forced to self pollinate

Ah... So only Hermies create seeds. Very interesting. From my reading the seed doesn't know sex till flowering...are Hermie seeds different? Does a Hermie seed guarantee a Hermie plant? I dont have much hope for a Female, but if I get a Hermie ill be more excited than a straight male. :p

RIP BID, you taught me a lot. You were truly a pioneer in mineralised coco. I will miss you brother. Your in a better place I'm sure.:green_heart::green_heart:

subbed to this thread so I can find it easier. I want to read everything BID had to say about coco. I did not know him but do miss him anyway.
RIP

My mix is about 60% coco 30% big chunk perlite & 10% Rice Hulls.
I keep it very simple and to be honest I don't spend a lot buying top brand, instead, I amend it with worm castings & Azomite.
I reuse all my coco after harvest. I rinse it very good with a pre mix solution with about 400PPM and plants are good to go.
This is the 3rd using the same coco and I may need to buy a bag again in a year or so.
The Little Amazon Welcomes All Visitors!
Peace

IMG_030333.JPG

Im loving my coco as well, i use 3 part coco 1 part perlite mix and with no other additives and i give nutes almost every watering. i give streight ph'd water once a week between 5.5-5.7 and dont have any problems that i can tell. this is my first run with coco and was worried about using organic nutes but all seems good with general organics go box pack

i just had some questions about reusing the coco, do you just pull the plant, break the coco up and rinse then its ready for a new plant or do i mix with some new coco? i would love to save as much as i can so any help would be appreciated. o and i did have a fungus gnat problem with this grow but put sand on the pots and they are almost all gone now (about 2 weeks later) would this still be ok to reuse?

I just completed reading every post in this 27 page thread. It would be tragic to see it die. As a tribute to BID let's keep it going. As a pioneer in coco grows, he joyously shared a wealth of knowledge that many here successfully utilized. I'm sure nothing would please him more than to have this thread to continue to be the place to share experiences & offer assistance to newbs like me on the art of growing cannabis in coco. Although it will be about 6 weeks before I return home, I've orderd all the necessary supplies to start my first grow in almost 35 years & I'm looking forward to becoming one of BID's "coco-nuts"..._

I had 4 plants about 4.5 weeks in flower under a 400watt hps in a 24x42" closest, drain to waste, coco/perlite... Bad news on the doorstep... I had to leave for a week with no one to do the watering.. I took the 400 down and replaced it with a DS-200 led at 30 inches... Then i poured 8 gal of 400ppm solution in the 2'x 3' cement mixing tray i was using as a run off tray....... It came up 5" inches on the sq 5 gal containers... I figured there was a good chance they would drown... Came home a week later, there was still an inch of water left and the plants had grown and looked great... I gave them a good flush just in case of any buildup..... I've never added any organics, except the coco.... The salt build up can still be a problem for me....

I just completed reading every post in this 27 page thread. It would be tragic to see it die. As a tribute to BID let's keep it going. As a pioneer in coco grows, he joyously shared a wealth of knowledge that many here successfully utilized. I'm sure nothing would please him more than to have this thread to continue to be the place to share experiences & offer assistance to newbs like me on the art of growing cannabis in coco. Although it will be about 6 weeks before I return home, I've orderd all the necessary supplies to start my first grow in almost 35 years & I'm looking forward to becoming one of BID's "coco-nuts"..._

I agree, i never was part of this forum when BID was around but i learned so much from this 27 page long thread and will continue to grow in coco. i have had great results from my 3-to-1 coco perlite mix, i water once a day and will be making a drip system soon so i can water 2-3 times a day while im at work and only have to mix nutes 2 times a week instead of everyday (small res 5-10 gallons) i will make sure to post some updates on here to share some experience (still a beginner) and here are some pics of the last grow with some vids as well. feel free to go to the journal in my signiture to see the whole grow.

i was actually started the plant in DWC but the nutes i used were organic and i didnt know that was a no go but the coco saved her and made her into a great healthy plant.
V_A70A.jpg
WP_0005491.jpg
V_E771.jpg
DSCN03267.JPG
DSCN03879.JPG
DSCN042512.JPG
DSCN03277.JPG
DSCN03476.JPG
DSCN034914.JPG
DSCN035111.JPG
DSCN034811.JPG
DSCN04368.JPG
DSCN04379.JPG
DSCN044210.JPG
DSCN044911.JPG
DSCN045513.JPG

that plant was Kosher Kush grown in my 75% coco 25% perlite mix with General Organics Go Box nutes under the MarsHydro 144x5 Reflector series light. that grow has really made me "Coco-Nuts" and will make this my primary growing medium. i have 2 more plants in that mix that im currently growing in my journal still as they are clones of the other 2 strains i have. here they are ill update my jounal with this later as i thought this thread was more important :love:

Golden Goat on the left Roslyn Road on the left
DSCN046411.JPG
DSCN046510.JPG

Roslyn Road in coco
DSCN04678.JPG
DSCN046810.JPG
DSCN046910.JPG

Golden Goat in coco
DSCN047010.JPG
DSCN047111.JPG
DSCN047212.JPG
DSCN047315.JPG