Any 420 folks with a preference for a particular brand of Coco?

JBUptown

I've bought two different brands of COCO COIR over the past couple of years, and I must say, they were anything but equal. One brand had very short fibers with extreme compaction properties but great water retention. The other was more long fibers, thicker strands that did not compact readily (a good thing IMHO). Can anyone that has used particular brand(s) recommend one over another.?Cost is secondary to me as it is a very reusable long lasting medium. I'm wanting to purchase a larger bag instead of a small brick, but don't want to procure a bag of Coco Coir like the first one I bought. I do prefer Rockton pellets for Hydro grows, but for cloning, I've tried most of the mediums and I think I've had the most success with Coco Coir in a small bubbler.

I have been using Botanicare for years with good luck. I always buy bricks and hydrate myself. I always wash it thoroughly before amending. I bought a bag of Canna a while ago and had good luck with that too, given a choice I use Botanicare.

Botanicare is what I use and I just hydrate and plant. Some peoe say wash it out I did not and my ladies love it. I am not a problem though so I would not listen to me to much. Lol good luck

Canna is great but expensive. Been trying many different brands in the last year since I work at a hydro store now. B'cuzz coco was really nice but more spendy than canna. Im trying a mix from royal gold called tupur and it is performing very nicely.

Canna is probably still my favorite. They make bricks as well. The bag is 50 L and the brick is 40 L

Back
Top Bottom