Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts

no harm but if your gonna put her outside you will need to harden her off a little at a time,start with a few hours a day to get her used to the sun then after she can handle all afternoon she can go out for good ,unless its cold where you are, if you have more than 12 hours of sun she will likely continue veg,,if you flower inside you will need alot of light, if you are gonna do a micro in a small box or caninet ,pc case, etc,then yes you need to flower now,2700k is good i used both 27s and 65s one small plant should not produce a ton of smell, a good hepa filter with neg ion will do,,got my first one at a thrift store,scented candels,ozium,ona gel,all work for odor if your going low budget, i have a diy for a cfl light array heres the linkLil cfl powerhouse for lil cash i flowered with those for a year

no harm but if your gonna put her outside you will need to harden her off a little at a time,start with a few hours a day to get her used to the sun then after she can handle all afternoon she can go out for good ,unless its cold where you are, if you have more than 12 hours of sun she will likely continue veg,,if you flower inside you will need alot of light, if you are gonna do a micro in a small box or caninet ,pc case, etc,then yes you need to flower now,2700k is good i used both 27s and 65s one small plant should not produce a ton of smell, a good hepa filter with neg ion will do,,got my first one at a thrift store,scented candels,ozium,ona gel,all work for odor if your going low budget, i have a diy for a cfl light array heres the linkLil cfl powerhouse for lil cash i flowered with those for a year

Thanks. It is currently Summer, and we have had some wonky weather recently. But the next week forcast consists of Lows of 55f with high of 90f (with humidity). I would say those would be the temp range for the next month or so. Come Sept we may see some temps in the high range but by mid sept we start cooling off drastically.

I have been toying with the idea of finding a way to contain her inside for the remainder, but you have a very valid point that If I am keeping her inside I should likely flower soon. (The lights are currently off atm and I may turn this into the time where I flower her) Should I keep them off for 48 hours? How will I know if she is flowering?

I have looked at many peoples setups and I think what I am going to need to do is make my way to home depot today and start using my brain as to how I will fabricate a nice little setup for her. Ill pick up a 9inch pot and some more coco coir (dont have enough to fill a 9 inch pot).

I guess time will tell if she stays inside or moves out. But I hope to be able to keep her to myself.

if you employ lst techniques an old hollowed out pc case and a mini scrog would be fun and very discreet, theres the old dresser,file cabinet,fridge,rubbermaid tote,even a big cardboard box can be used to fashion a mini grow room that can be kept fairly well a secret
i have never done anything like 48hrs dark to me if it wont happen in nature theres no reason to do it and it may very well stress the plant witch can lead to problems,,starting a 12/12 light plan will get th ball rolling but the plant wont flower till it reaches sexual maturity this can be 3 weeks to 5 weeks from seed at that point you will see an increasing number of white hair like structures if its a female and for a male football shaped clusters or grape cluster like that will open and release yellow pollen, hope this helps.

The only plant I have given 48 hours of darkness to prior to flowering developed male pollen sacks, I swear I saw female calyxes with pistils in vegetative growth in the same plant.

Yah fucking glad I brought it up on the forums. Because after reading further, my info was clearly from a noob source. She is on a 12 hour cycle now waiting for signs of sex. Finding Coco Coir is a pain in my ass, going to check a few more stores or else I will have to use Pro-mix when I plant her in a 9 inch pot which will hopefully be today.

Ill post pictures once she is planted in her new home.

Thanks everyone for the info. Really helpful.

BID my good friend, this is why I subscribe to your threads...

some ppl toast the egshells before crushing, im not fond of puking and i cant see a difference other than color so i opt out of toasting

LOL :rofl: :biglaugh:

Mrs GovtChz's 'stud to mount' comment was good too :winkyface:

Since I'm in the Coco thread, have my coco guru's attention, and I have my current batch in a mostly coco mix...

Do you REALLY measure the water that goes into the drip trays? Mine is always so gross looking I would never try to make any guess about what's going on in there based on that stuff. hmmmm... maybe I should be flushing more?

The plants look pretty good, so I'm not asking due to any problem. More trying to improve my Coco-Fu.

Yah fucking glad I brought it up on the forums. Because after reading further, my info was clearly from a noob source. She is on a 12 hour cycle now waiting for signs of sex. Finding Coco Coir is a pain in my ass, going to check a few more stores or else I will have to use Pro-mix when I plant her in a 9 inch pot which will hopefully be today.

Ill post pictures once she is planted in her new home.

Thanks everyone for the info. Really helpful.

Coco is really forgiving but you cant do too much to the coco if your going to feed with the canna coco a and b. If you start adding anything to the coco like dolomite and guanos the bottles will not work the way they are supposed to.

Imo if you want to use all the organics the pro mix will be a little easier, not saying that organic amendments cant be used with coco but it might be a little more learning and error involved.

Check out the coco thread in my sig. I am using canna coco base a and b with some other addi's and get great results.

BID my good friend, this is why I subscribe to your threads...

LOL :rofl: :biglaugh:

Mrs GovtChz's 'stud to mount' comment was good too :winkyface:

Since I'm in the Coco thread, have my coco guru's attention, and I have my current batch in a mostly coco mix...

Do you REALLY measure the water that goes into the drip trays? Mine is always so gross looking I would never try to make any guess about what's going on in there based on that stuff. hmmmm... maybe I should be flushing more?

The plants look pretty good, so I'm not asking due to any problem. More trying to improve my Coco-Fu.
lol hey buddy glad to entertain :thumb: i test the stuff that runs out when i need to but it is not often and its caught coming out of the pot not pulled out of the drip tray, generally if i follow my established methods i dont have to test much, when i do organics i never test anything,with salts i only test if i see something off, and to adjust the ph going in

That's been my approach too. I think I know what I'm doing, so I'll just keep trusting myself that I am reading my ladies correctly. Why can't I read them human ladies as well? :hmmmm:

finally located coco yesterday rinsed and soaked in my nute solution. Had picked up a 10inch pot the other day also... Although its more wide than deep, and I worry that that could cause and issue with roots growing more sideways than down is that an issue? Anyways shes transplanted in the coco coir mixed with some dolomitic lime (2 handfuls). No sign that she is flowering yet.... (she is on 12/12 altho last night she took about 18 hours of darkness by accident). I sorta want her to flower soon... I worry she is going to get mighty big.

Here are some pics... ill take some with my DSLR later of her fully settled into her new pot.

I am still only giving her 6500k light, should I be switching over to 2700k to help get her to flower?

Thanks.
IMG_20140803_115336.jpg
IMG_20140803_123516.jpg
IMG_20140803_123534.jpg

sound like your off to a good start,cannabis is adaptable shallow pots work,maybe not as desierable as deep but she will fill any shape with roots, she has to get to sexual maturity before she can flower depending on strain it can be 3-5 weeks from seed,she will stretch,but you can keep lights close and get some twine or something to tie her down and as short as possible, read up on topping,fim,lst, scrog and so forth to figure out what suits you best, i would use a mix of 6500k& 2700k cfls as many as you can manage surround her with light and adjust it everyday or more often, unless you have another source of light, i recommend topled marsII 400 for a small grow where heat will be an issue they are cheap at 195.00 before your 420mag member discount and cheaper after, they are a sponsor here and sara is awesome to work with, byond that all looks real good so far

sound like your off to a good start,cannabis is adaptable shallow pots work,maybe not as desierable as deep but she will fill any shape with roots, she has to get to sexual maturity before she can flower depending on strain it can be 3-5 weeks from seed,she will stretch,but you can keep lights close and get some twine or something to tie her down and as short as possible, read up on topping,fim,lst, scrog and so forth to figure out what suits you best, i would use a mix of 6500k& 2700k cfls as many as you can manage surround her with light and adjust it everyday or more often, unless you have another source of light, i recommend topled marsII 400 for a small grow where heat will be an issue they are cheap at 195.00 before your 420mag member discount and cheaper after, they are a sponsor here and sara is awesome to work with, byond that all looks real good so far

Thanks for your insight. I spent the day yesterday working on bucket grow setup, I am not full happy but I am figuring out my way to perfect the bucket grow. It definitely is easier if you have everything set up from the start... :p running around and improvising keeps me on my toes... But I told my friend yesterday... I could have never fathomed what my baby girl would need from seed. This being my first grow and not planning on being this successful on my first try. I never imagined how much fun and love I would want to put into this :). Next grow I will have a much better understanding. But I am really enjoying the experience.

As of tomorrow she will be 4 weeks from first true set of leaves (so im assuming she will flower soon). She has 4 or 5 nodes atm (I was told flowering at 3 would be ideal for space?). I am going to look into how to contain her. Since her environment has changed on her so many times she has just grown crazy... and now that shes in a bucket in a confined place hopefully she will be okay. I have twine I have just been unsure how to tie her down effectively. Heat isn't much of an issue atm, but I only have 3 6500k lights on her atm. I need to go buy some more light sockets and work on my bucket configuration (work in progress as we speak).

I have put $23.00 into this grow and I am going to continue to keep my budget low. Next grow ill likely make some changes. I will post pictures later today of my bucket setup and how she is doing. But I have a good few hours of errands and building to feel content with my bucket setup.

here is a pic of her yesterday in the bucket (needs a lot of fine tuning).
IMG_20140803_170343.jpg

Thanks.

It definitely is easier if you have everything set up from the start... :p

Yes, it is, but "doing" is one of the best ways to undertsand. You're learning a LOT right now.

I never imagined how much fun and love I would want to put into this :). Next grow I will have a much better understanding. But I am really enjoying the experience.

THAT, my friend, is why most of us do this ;)

here is a pic of her yesterday in the bucket (needs a lot of fine tuning).
IMG_20140803_170343.jpg

Thanks.

Aw...she's got her own little cannapartment. ;)

Remember how I said always learning.... Well I just wasnt enjoying the bucket as much as I thought (and I had alot more work to do on it). So I decided to head to the local hardware store and picked up a rubbermaid roughneck (not sure if this has been done before). But I literally paced the isles brainstorming multiple employees asked me if I needed anything. Well here is the end result and she is not near done yet! I am going to get some more lights tomorrow and a few more ideas I have up in my head. Hopefully the girl likes her new home. I am trying to give her the best I can :)

IMG_20140804_215743.jpg

I like it. The cannabis community has proven repeatedly it is one of the most adaptable. I can't tell you how many times I get up on Saturday morning and end up walking through Homer's and/or Lowz before the sun comes up just looking at shit and wondering how I can utilize it to MY needs. I questioned a few of them too last week regarding their advice on hanging something pretty heavy from a ceiling. :hmmmm:

I went with simple angle iron torqued into rafter studs.

I like it. The cannabis community has proven repeatedly it is one of the most adaptable. I can't tell you how many times I get up on Saturday morning and end up walking through Homer's and/or Lowz before the sun comes up just looking at shit and wondering how I can utilize it to MY needs. I questioned a few of them too last week regarding their advice on hanging something pretty heavy from a ceiling. :hmmmm:

I went with simple angle iron torqued into rafter studs.

Exactly what I have been doing, I check the clearance sections just to get my brain going. A buddy of mine met up with me and went into a few stores with me, and he was trying to talk to me and I was focused on pacing the isles and thinking of ideas in my brain that he just didn't understand :p.

Question everything! :p.

I cant wait to show you my Rig after im done with it today :). Im pumped. My baby is going to have a nice home.

Back
Top Bottom