Lil cfl powerhouse for lil cash

i built this in 5 min with home depot items
power strip 3$
4 socket plug adapters approx 4$
4 socket splitters approx 5$
4pk 2700k 23 watt bulbs 5$
4pk 5600k 23watt bulbs 5$
made a hanger with zip ties also anchored the adapters to the strip with zip ties this" light bar" as i call it, works well and givin its very small size you can build several to fit in a small grow closet or tent and it really puts out the light ,grew 6 clones(flowering clones) straight to 12/12 (after reveg of 1 week) after roots showed .,,and filled 4 quart jars(no scale) with tight dank frosty nugs after 8 weeks flower time, for 20-25 bucks id say i got a winner here ,,what do you guys think?
SDC15347.jpg

I used pvc and cfls for mine, I made one like this first but my powerstrip melted. lol.. It was a super cheapy though from the dollar store.
Heres the new one I built, I am going to add 4 more lights to it after this current run. I mainly just use this for my mums, to start, and some vegging duties. lol.. works awesome though. I used a piece of 8" ducting for the hood, then painted the inside white for reflection using high temp paint.
IMG_024815.JPG

IMG_024515.JPG

IMG_024613.JPG

Gentlemen...gentlemen...well done :thumb:... I absolutely love your DIY lamps systems for cfl's.....simply amazing and very inspiring.....maybe a better how to thread on the build's..for all of us to make one....WORD....

I have a quick question if you don't mind, I'm in the process of making a better CFL out of dryer vent and a twin socket thing. My problem is that I have never wired a light in my entire life. The socket I have has a black wire and a white wire(no instructions at all on the box) and an 8 ft lamp cord that tells me which wire is neutral. How do I match them up so it works properly? Obviously there's only 2 ways to do it but Idk what could happen if I get it wrong :/

I used this for a couple of grows. It was a bathroom vanity light a friend was throwing away. I cut it in half and used some wood and screws to hold it together. it worked pretty good. I like the compactness of yours irishdude. I replaced mine with a 400 watt MH/HPS. The buds got bigger And they veg faster but that MH really puts out the heat.

We dont get the y sockets here in uk sucks! Nice work guys

Ahh, they're overrated, IMO. Two horizontally-opposed sockets produce a better output pattern - and are simpler to create a reflector for - than a pair in Y configuration, anyway.

Use what you have available.

Back
Top Bottom