4x4x4 DWC with scrog

cannabistoker

Ok now I know that my space is limited with this setup but I'm new to this and didn't want to jump head first into something that I don't have any experience with. I have been doing some research online from whatever Google provides, but I like this site the best. I have a an air cooled hood with tempered glass and wanted to go with 1000w hps bulb that will be used for veg and flower. I don't have a separate area for veg yet. My questions is about ventilation. Using a passive intake can I vent this space and cool my light with one fan or will i need 2 fans?
I was thinking I could go form light housing>duct>carbon filter>fan>outside. Will one fan be enough to evacuate the heat from the light and vent the grow area as well from the other side of the light?

Mate a 1000w hps is over kill for such a little space! I would use a 400w hps, you are almost certain to run in to temp problems in such a small place with a 1000w.

Yes you can cool your light and extract at the same time, on 1 of the 2 ducting vents on your air cooled hood put some ducting on and attach it to a carbon filter that is mounted as high as possible, then on the other side of the hood put attach more ducting this time going to your extractor fan then from the fan to where ever you plan to exhaust your air.

Also starting a grow for the 1st time I would highly recommend starting a grow journal, you will have many people who would like to help you along the way.

thanks for your reply. You basically answered my question. I figured 1000w might be overkill but I was thinking if i can control the temps in there, it would make a big difference. I may try 600w in there nothing set in stone as of yet just trying to get some insight on temp control. I will be starting a journal once i have everything in place.

If you had more height like a 2m high grow tent then I would say go for a 600w as you would have more overall area but with only 4 foot in height I would be concerned even with a 600w, I'm saying this from experience as for a while I used a small space.

If you have the money I would recommend getting a 600w dim-able ballast, you can get one that will run 250,400 and 600 perfect for veg and flowering also you could use the 600w setting when your out side temps are cooler.

If you use INTAKE fans, you'll experience over-pressure inside the box, and you won't have hardly any use for your hood. Use an extraction fan instead to create under-pressure inside the box, then you're sure that all the air passing through the box is helping to cool the lights.

Back
Top Bottom