50/50 FFOF and Happy Frog

rob71668

Hi, i'm going to be planting my germinated seeds into a 50/50 FFOF Happy Frog mix and I was just wondering if you guys think I should add more dolmolite lime to the mix even though Happy Frog already has some in it?
I'm not going to be able to adjust my Ph at all because I already spent my limit so hopefully the dolmolite lime will put my ph in check...Straight out of the well my ph is around 7.5 and it takes wayyy to much ph down for me to use for all 12 of my plants. I bought some shitty liquid aquarium ph kit and I refuse to use it so hopefully everything goes smooth. I'm sure everything will go well since my grandpa grew the last 5 years without using a ppm or ph, proper nutes or good soil. And still grew good pot! Hopefully this year I can step up his game a little lol.

I don't think it would hurt to add some additional Dolomite Lime. However, I can't honestly say how much. Maybe a teaspoon per gallon of soil. You could also mix in a little epsom salt if you have that. Again, I can't say how much though.

Are you going to be using any nutes? They can also alter the PH going in.

7.5 seems pretty high. You might be able to use some cheap vinegar to lower the ph, but I don't know the effects of this on the plants. I recently picked up some PH Up natural crystals. It should last a looong time. Definitely enough for 12 plants, I would think. Obviously you'd need the down. That stuff is concentrated! More so than the liquid PH up down.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom