70w HPS Home Depot

To start off, my bud has the green thumb but no computer, so that makes me the tech and tool guy.

So I go to Home Depot to get some supplies to rig up a better light bracket for his CFL's than those flimsy clamp on dome lights. I pass the discount bin and find one 70w HPS marked from $65 to $18 (still in the box) and one just like it (not in box) marked from $75 to $54. I ask the sales guy what gives, they both have the same code number. I tell him I will take both if they are $18. He prints up a tag and I get them both for $18 a piece. Good find?

The questions I have are:
1. I realize they are good for flowering, but should we hook them up now and use them for veg also?
2. Should I leave the glass protector on or not?
3. Should I leave them in the housing or make some sort of new hood/reflector?
4. What sort of lumens do these things put out?
5. Can I add different wattage lights like a 100 or 150 on that ballast?

yes a GREAT BUY!! I use 70 watters as supplimental lighting. I got 2 but only use 1 right now. Use it in veg and in flower, you'll be fine. I leave th eglass on to help contain the heat. You cant add a bigger bulb to them. you can use less then watt any ballast is made for. But you CAN NOT use a bulb that is more watts then your ballst can put out. The lumens arent that great, your going to have to keep the light close. But the glass will help to contain the heat. I hope this gives you some instight into using the 70 watters. :goodluck: and let us know if theres anything else we can help you out with.

:ganjamon:

wowzers........... deal of the century right there..... hook them pups up NOW!!

agreed, hook em up now.
I grew my plant with a 150 hps. tuned out great, check out the pics in my sig.

if heat is not an issue, the glass does not need to be on, but will not hurt.

they both put off heat...... but yeah, if you can get the ballast outside it will make venting much easier!! hope you have a safe and.....
420_PLANT_OF_THE_MONTH_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom