70W security lights at home depot

Mr. Voorhees

I was home depot picking up wood to finish my cabinet and walk through the light section. I saw some 70w hps security lights for 15 bucks. Now my flowering space is only 18"d x 21"w x78"l (needs i think a 250w). I though i could use 3 of them and put them at different angles to spread the light. What do you guys think about that?

That IS cheap. You sure that price is for the bulb, fixture, and ballast? Or just the bulb?

Mr V

Last year I also purchased 2 70w's at HD on the discount rack for $18 a piece.
They worked out great. I bought 10 ft extension cord and cut off the female end and wired it to the lights. We used them along with some cfl's on our first bag seed grow, and the start of our Northern Lights grow.

Since then we upgraded to a 400w HPS. Next grow we sold that and upgraded to a 600w digital HPS. Lot of heat to deal with, but worth it.

I now use the 70w to keep seedlings going after I sprout then with 2 CFL's

Why would you want to go thru the hassle of wiring 3 when a single 150 hps security light would be perfect for your footprint?
Don't believe the hype that similar cfl wattage will produce less heat.

Your dimensions would just right for a vertical (extend the bulb and hang it directly from the ceiling with no reflector or cooltube and have a small fan on the floor blowing up to the bulb. With the ballast outside the box.)

This way you will have a max of 4 devices to plug in-150-extract fan-fan dispersing bulb heat-small fan for canopy.

It's always better to use passive ventilation for intake air but you must have your passive intake 2 times as big as your fan. To put it better, whatever size hole you drill for fan you must have 2 of the same size on the floor for the intake.

You'll be pleasantly surprised how much buddage you can get from a 150 that can be used all the way thru with no other light source if your grow environment is well designed.

Back
Top Bottom