RC's Low-Budget Home Depot and Bagseed grow

its amazing how much they grow in just a few days, of course i dont see it when i run and check on them every 30min but now that i go back and look at the pics from a few days ago they look completly different, sprouts look like plants and the older ones look like bushes.

oh yeah, is anyone else seeing the leaf discoloration on the LSTd plant (marked 420)? shes my special plant thats supposed to kick ass because she was born on 420. im curious as to what it might be, in the same soil mix as the rest, been rotated under the same lights, same water and everything else as the rest of them yet she is the only one, on new growth and on the branch leaves too. it doesnt seem to be hurting it as she is looking to comparable to her sibling born the next day except that one (421) has HUGE leaves, had them since the first true set, had the lil oval leaved then HUGE cannabis leaves reaching over the sides of the pot (6" dia) lol

i forgot what i was talking about, i love wake and bakes on weekends, with the GF at work so i can hang out with u guys all day

crazy stuff, what an amazing plant!

-RC

well i think the splotchy discoloration i getting worse on the 420 plant and im getting reddish orange spots on the 421 plant. i dont trust my 20$ POS ph tester from home depot. so i ordered a milwaukee ph600 should be here soon i got 2-3 day priority shipping.

but for now i added a little lime with the water, it was time for watering anyways and i foliar fed with a small ammount of lime/water mix (lil less than 1tsp/gal). looks very similar to the pics of nute lockout from too acidic soil and considering how jam packed of peat my soil mix is (80% before i cut with vermiculite) that sounds pretty reasonable.

-RC

its amazing how much they grow in just a few days, of course i dont see it when i run and check on them every 30min but now that i go back and look at the pics from a few days ago they look completly different, sprouts look like plants and the older ones look like bushes.

LOL, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that does that :smokin: I'm constantly checking on them.

-Sol

RC you might be having a soil issue vermiculite acts like a sponge it holds water. How much perite did you add? How does the soil drain?

Pan4

the bagged mix says 20% perlite and 80% peat
it soaks up a little more water than i would have expected but figured it was from the peat, i thought the vermiculite would help it drian better.

i was assuming it was an acidity issue from the peat. and the leaves are looking similar to the PH nute lockout on the picture help. i am unable to tell you the PH right now but i have a decent meter that should arrive any day now

thanks for the help, its starting to get worse on the oldest 2 sets of leaves, even on the 421 plant. its only the oldest 2 plants showing it sofar and they were germed about a week before the rest (if that helps at all)

-RC

oh yeah, is anyone else seeing the leaf discoloration on the LSTd plant
Yes, Maybe some over feeding at an early stage as well.
Some extra "N" might be appropriate at this time. I generally do not feed until 3rd week +. Soil grows only. I think they will pull away from that varigated coloring soon.

Yes, Maybe some over feeding at an early stage as well.
Some extra "N" might be appropriate at this time. I generally do not feed until 3rd week +. Soil grows only. I think they will pull away from that varigated coloring soon.

well today i only day 16 for the oldest one, i havent fed them any nutes yet, not until my ph meter arrives atleast (hopfuly tomorrow). the only thing i have done is light foliar feed with a small amount of lime (twice) to compensate for the peat and a small amount in one of the waterings (less than 1tsp/gal)

the problems with the 420 and 421 plants are turning out to look like different problems, not the same like i origionally thought. i will get some pics up in a few minutes, the oldest one just has lightgreen/green leaves (looks like camo almost) and where its discolored it looks like there is a cell layer missing or something on the leaf, the 421 plant had rust colored spots on 2 lower sets of leaves looking more like nute lockout.

oh yeah and the older one with the camo, entire plant is effected, just lowers on the other plant

btw i gotta say thank guys for the help, its really apreciated. i thought i was gonna get into this and had read enough to not have any probs and not need much help, day 16 and im here... boy was i wrong!
all of my past outdoor grows went w/o a hitch i thought i knew alot about growing until i came here, this is a great place!

-RC

Get some pics up RC, let's have al look at them....

thanks for stoppin by IRIE

man i couldnt find the camera, looked all over, tore the house apart, finally found it sitting on a shelf out in the open in plain sight!

anyways here we are...

oh wait gotta upload em first, that would help!
4/20 plant
00014.JPG

00022.JPG

00033.JPG

0004.JPG

4/21 plant
1001.JPG

1002.JPG

1003.JPG

1004.JPG

-RC

I think it is the very begining of nute burn.. Maybe you can foliar them and space out the waterings. Let the roots get a little stronger. What are the temps in the room with lights on?

i leave a section open at both ends of the closet with the fans pulling the air from the bedroom. i recieved my new ph meter today. and will be going to get new soil, i also found a couple 2gal plastic pots out in the woods the other day that i will transplant these 2 into. then i can work on getting them healthy before i get the HPS and flower them

and i believe it is a soil/drainage issue. i let the soil dry almost completly out, then today i slowly saturated the soil with water until i saw a small amount coming from the bottom and it held almost 1 liter in only a 6"dia pot

-RC

ok been trying to go easy on the water. light foliar feeding on 420/421 plants and light foliar feed on the 422 plant now (which isnt showing any bad signs yet)

but i picked up some new soil

- Jungle Growth pure organic potting mix (guaranteed analysis .14-.07-.05)
and some perlite.

so i will transplant into 2gal pots tonight with my new mix and hopfully will drain much better and make it easier to control my problems.

now with this new mix and being a new set of slow release (organic) nutes in it, should i hold off again before i start feeding or will i need to fert them as if i was still growing in the same pots/mix?

mix contains:

composted aged processed pine bark, peat moss, vermiculite, perlite, horticulture grade charcoal ash, slow release organic fert (feeds up to 3 months), trace elements and minerals (for healthier roots, stems, and foliage)

does this sound ok?

-RC

Back
Top Bottom