Gubba's Grow Journal - 2012

Gubba,

If the leaves that are yellow come off without much resistance then keep popping them off. But if they resist a little then I would let them see one more day to let the plant shut off that "vein" on its own.

plants still looks good. gonna have some nice medication for sure.

IMG0701.jpg

1344175387358.jpg

Was out of the country last week for work, these are the best photos but wanted to get some new ones up. She is just over 5 weeks into flower now. I will get some better pictures up tomorrow.

:peace:

if the trichs are telling you the buds are ready then you can harvest any time mate, just make sure the trichs are all cloudy and some turning amber, just depends how you like you bud, the more amber trichs you see under the microscope the more couch lock effect you got, the plant is ready when all the trichs are cloudy,

looks like your going to have some nice buds when you harvest it mate, well done

Some Trichs are turning amber. My GF wants a little more Head High, so want to be a little on the cloudy side. Time constraints mean I can either harvest Sunday or Tuesday. If I don't notice more turning by Sunday, I will wait until Tuesday evening.

I have read that I should leave her in the Dark for a day or two before I harvest, and flush with 0 PH water (no nutes) two days prior to taking her. I watered her with 1 gallon distilled today so if Sunday is the day she will be set.

:thanks:

i have also been reading on this dark period before harvest as well, a lot of people say it makes the plant go into over drive and produces more trichs, now i have been reading conflicting things about this, some of them say, does the plant produce more trichs in them 24 hours of dark and if so how does it get them to grow and be ready for harvest that quick,

others say giving it 24 hours of dark makes the trichs turn more amber making the smoke a more of a couch lock, iv ready lots of stuff about this, i have not tried it yet but might give it a go this time round, i have got 2 plants in flower now that was clones from the same plant, so im thinking ill harvest the one as normal and the other ill give 24 hours of dark, then i can see what the difference is.

their was a test done about the best time to harvest, is it before the lights come on, is it before the lights should go off, and after 24 hours of dark, this test was done with the same set of clones, and the results showed their was no difference at all in the strength,taste,smell etc, it said all 3 plants was exactly the same with no difference, but their is that much conflicting info out their so i need to try this myself before i can make my mind up, i dont actually think it makes a difference, now the reason i dont think it makes a difference is because when you harvest the plant and hang the buds to dry you hang them in the dark, so this is basically doing the same thing, even after the buds have been harvested the trichs and pistils will still change colour while it is hanging and drying, this happens just after harvest, so does giving it 24 hours of dark before harvest make a difference, thats what i want to try and find out, so when these plants have flowered im going to stick one in the dark for 24 hours before harvest, ive even heard some give it 48 hours of dark, but to be fair i cant see it making much difference as we put the buds in the dark after harvest anyway so im a bit undecided till i try it myself.

flushing is a good idea though, but this is also not needed as long as you have not been over doing the nutes, but i still flush mine to make sure the plant is only taking in water for the last few days, id prefer to do this than take the risk and end up with harsh tasting bud due to the nutes, so flushing is something ill continue to do,

the dark period is something i am going to try with 1 of my plants, if it makes a difference then ill use that method when i flower my next batch of plants, but to be honest i cant see it making the slightest difference, after harvest they are still alive for a while so they get the dark period when you hang the buds, it might make a difference and it might not, its not going to do any harm what so ever giving it a try

I will plan on taking her down right before lights out. I think the warmth from being under the lights all day will start her on her way into drying. I hope to get about 2+ Oz from her after dried. She is thick and sticky as hell...I am sooo ready to fire her up! :cheesygrinsmiley:

With soil, you really can't flush that well, and should have already been giving nothing but water for at least a week before harvest. pH matters not in soil, unless it's out of whack... but it should be from the tap at a neutral pH of 7. If you use distilled or RO water, then it SHOULD be pH7 as well, but I've seen different. so.... yeah, just check it. the soil will modify the pH anyway as it's just clear water.

ok thanks jandre, so you would start the flush a week before harvest, now when you say flush you mean soak the soil so it has some run off, how often would you do this in the last week, would you do it the same amount of times as if you was feeding the plants, so i water and feed mine every 3 days, so would i just do a flush every 3 days for the last week, so that would make it been flushed twice before harvest or would it be best to do it more often than that, say every 2 days

Back
Top Bottom