HighTechRasta's 1000W China LED COCO 4x3 2in1 Tent Perpetual SCROG With BruceBanner & Bagseed

I'd grade the frost content about 7/10, maybe 7.5. It looks slightly more than the gooder side of average, but I notice sometimes the cameras fool me.

Thanks for the rating Sky, I really needed to hear something real instead
of going through other's pics for comparison. So glad to have you on board,
love how quick you respond and follow me! Are you in a legal state? I would
love to mail you a taste of this stuff when she's done! (Canadian generosity:)

This is something in my own garden I am highly skeptical of and is what divides me when choosing strains that yield well and finish quick.

I'm not sure I understand you here, but I want to. Do you mean, you're skeptical of
judging by frost amount when picking for strains that yield well and finish fast?
And by divided you mean, frosty strains pull you in and mislead you in the end with
less than desirable yield or finishing time?

Sadly, it seems I am stuck in the 6-7 range of 10, but I recently acquired Triacontanol which is like HGH for plants, so I'm now considering strains that yield well but get stupid frosty like my nemesis Dinafem OG Kush. I love that strain, the bud density, look, frost, smell, taste of smoke and high but the yield of the line I grew was stone cold ASS!

I looked into your Fav strain there and found it has the same tendencies as the LSD
I'm journaling in the other thread. Likes to put out a large single cola, try to train it
and it puts out a bunch of smaller dense nugs. I'm hoping my Blurple LEDs will force
tighter nodes and getting a near perfectly level training on it will give me proper
multiple large colas instead of little hand grenades...
I also think I'm getting the frost results from the Frass Tea. And will be using it in flower
for all my runs going forward, regardless of my other tea experiments. I'm being a little
excited about the Frass, but the real final lock-in will be seeing way above normal resin
at the end. I'd like to see you try some. Get "Boogie Brew" it comes outta the US.

:nomo:

Thanks for the rating Sky, I really needed to hear something real instead
of going through other's pics for comparison. So glad to have you on board,
love how quick you respond and follow me! Are you in a legal state? I would
love to mail you a taste of this stuff when she's done! (Canadian generosity:)

I'm not sure I understand you here, but I want to. Do you mean, you're skeptical of
judging by frost amount when picking for strains that yield well and finish fast?
And by divided you mean, frosty strains pull you in and mislead you in the end with
less than desirable yield or finishing time?

I looked into your Fav strain there and found it has the same tendencies as the LSD
I'm journaling in the other thread. Likes to put out a large single cola, try to train it
and it puts out a bunch of smaller dense nugs. I'm hoping my Blurple LEDs will force
tighter nodes and getting a near perfectly level training on it will give me proper
multiple large colas instead of little hand grenades...
I also think I'm getting the frost results from the Frass Tea. And will be using it in flower
for all my runs going forward, regardless of my other tea experiments. I'm being a little
excited about the Frass, but the real final lock-in will be seeing way above normal resin
at the end. I'd like to see you try some. Get "Boogie Brew" it comes outta the US.

:nomo:

When I went to the hydro shop, I noticed they had some EWC, so I asked about it, and as it turns out it is frass so the guy filled a sammich baggie for me to try. My last mix seemed to be a good mix of Ancient Forest to the frass cuz in 36 hours, the tea looked like a 2 gallon bucket of Guiness beer, complete with the frothy head. I just made another brew as I am an ACT junky and make 2 every week for years. 1 source of humus, 3 sources of humic, 3 sources of microbes, 7ml of molasses and 1 gallon of RO.

My state hasn't green lighted yet, but other than that, I hardly smoke, like one puff every 6 hours at most. I've always had a low tolerance. I am happy to interject experience when the situation warrants, as was the case with your tric count. I estimate you understood what I said more or less. Most known and stable strains seem to favor either side of the spectrum, like for instance, lots of strains crossed with Big Bud are stupid fat buds that finish in 8 weeks, but then have little to no trics which devalues it a lot. Conversely, like with my OG, she grew great nugs, super frosty, great everything but he yields were awful. I've yielded as low as 6 ounces from a plant I needed at least 16 from. Per my grow space and style of growing, I aim to take down a pound every time, and of course I really like when I do better than that, but when worse, my world crashes. I'm a hydro grower, and as 2 of my signatures should suggest, I make my own nutes intending to perfect my feed and also produce high brix bud which as best as I can tell is impossible, or at least not done yet. I have a ways to go, but I am forever updating my knowledge and skills. I'm very close to chasing out all of my minor deficiencies while at the same time bringing in more organic sources of nutrition. All of that with a low tric strain would still over compensate and make my bud much more enjoyable.

Sky, would you care to give me a guess on what you think I'll
get minimum from my current run? And what do you think I
should expect from my setup, I'm aiming for more than a pound
possibly 2+...?

:ganjamon:

Judging by what I see in the last set of pics, considering bud density and how they're stacking, I could see 13-16 zips est, but w/o knowing the strain characteristics, every one of them buds can double in weight in the final week and really make me look foolish.

That said, it's too early to predict.

@Skybound I looked into it and I don't think EWC contains any Chitin.
The Frass has to be insect frass. Mine is from mealworms and
superworms, although I can't wait to get some Boogie Brew and
Boogie Frass, it's made from Black Soldier Flys from Canada!

"Our BSF (Black Soldier Fly- Hermetia illucens.) frass product is made
from the exoskeletal and exudate matter of BSF larvae and castings,
fed only on vegetable material.

Insect frass from 100% Black Soldier Fly (BSF larvae) castings
is a natural fertilizer that is rich in biology NPK 3.1.3.
"

Here is the claims on the back of the bag I have...

I'm not even close to figuring out how to get all those benefits from it in my coco setup,
so I'm just making tea with it and feeding them 1 cup a week. The tea is made from 2gal RO water,
2 Tbsp of the frass, 1 Tbsp of dark brown sugar. I get 3 weeks/applications out of it, kept in the fridge
but allowed to come up to room temp(22c/72f) before use, rest goes down the drain @ week 3.

THIS is the stuff I got. It greatly enhanced my tea, but after looking at the contents of yours, I gotta see what's in mine. My studies suggested that fungi teas and microbe teas mature at different times and suggest brewing the microbe tea for the 36 hours, but to add the fungi hours before use. Obviously more research is needed to verify any of that.

THIS is the stuff I got. It greatly enhanced my tea, but after looking at the contents of yours, I gotta see what's in mine. My studies suggested that fungi teas and microbe teas mature at different times and suggest brewing the microbe tea for the 36 hours, but to add the fungi hours before use. Obviously more research is needed to verify any of that.

It seems we have the same stuff currently. Made from Super Worms + Meal Worms.
So, you can probably refer to the same label I have.
:thumb:

Thanks man, but I quickly found a blend that worked out great. Lots of other things are in it, lol.

Great White Frass Tea.JPG

OK @Skybound loving the tea mix and Thank you!
I want to make the same thing as I like that it can be done
with only 1gal, I hate putting extra down the drain.
My questions are,
what are the 5 extras?

digging through your journals and such, I've seen your feedback on sulfur,
so are you not using unsulfured molasses like everybody else insists on?

what is your application schedule with the tea, quantity and frequency?

is that a 1/4tsp of Kelp Meal?

what is your source of humus?

Thanks Sky, soon you'll be teaching me to make my own nutes...

I use General Organics Ancient Forest for humus.
From "Kelp4Less", they sell a blend of Fulvic Humic and Kelp Meal, I think $18 per lb, it's awesome shit and I use it in my res too.
I brew the tea for 36 hours and drench all plants between their feed times, then take as long as a full day before mixing up another batch. There might be a limit for too much microbes in dirt, but not in hydro.
I do use unsulfured molasses, Grandma's in fact. Though I recently learned that the term "unsulfured" is a throwback word from many decades ago when the packing gas was sulfur for some reason, I think to preserve the molasses, but the manufacturing of the molasses today has since done away with the use of sulfur. That being said, I am in the process of ditching the "unsulfured" and getting some black strap molasses for more stable guaranteed analysis numbers. All molasses has lots of elements in it, Ca, Mg, S, micros, it's all in there, but this stuff I have now it's not listed on the jar whereas black strap stats are easily found on the web. I'd like to know how much elements goes in and maybe one day make teas that will focus on one or a group of certain elements, much like Mammoth P does for phosphorus in the soil.

The Extras consist of a product called "Fish Shit", and the others are samples of Microbe Life I got from my local hydro shop. It's my experience that the more diverse you can make your tea, the more beneficial it will be overall.

What app are you using for your scope? The only one I know of is Mscopes. It's a bit buggy, but it does the trick for the most part. It runs on Droid so I'm able to use my scope remotely which is extremely handy for scoping trics on live plants w/o needing to cut off samples.

What app are you using for your scope? The only one I know of is Mscopes. It's a bit buggy, but it does the trick for the most part. It runs on Droid so I'm able to use my scope remotely which is extremely handy for scoping trics on live plants w/o needing to cut off samples.
I'm running "OTG View" on my android, works a treat...

7.5 Weeks Flower

I'm excited for this post!
Bring on the feedback please.

Full view.

Front Left Sativa Dominant Bagseed, going over my notes,
this one is a week behind the rest, it was a pulled male replacement.

Front Right Bruce Banner.

Rear Right Bruce Banner.

Rear Left, Performer in the Back! Everything about it looks and smells like God Green Crack.
It's a bagseed, but I know all the strains I've had and will try to match it up if I can...

:Rasta:

You're gettin there. The trics look mostly cloudy, some clear and no ambers yet. I spot a minor cal deficiency, unless that's genuine nute burn on the tips. Also, I believe it may have been me that convinced you to terminate the stretch early so the tent doesn't get too stuffed, well if so, ignore me next time I say that. The big one stopped at about the right height, but the other 2-3 could have grown up another foot and you'd have more bud to worry about trimming.

Back
Top Bottom