Grand Daddy Purp & White Russian Coco Grow

GreenThumb81

420 Member
Hello fellow Enthusiasts. Long time reader taking the plunge for the first time with a grow journal, so I apologise if I miss anything.
This grow is already a month or so in but I thought I would share some of my experiences with the novices like myself and the veterans.

Grand Daddy Purp Feminised (Ken Estes)
White Russian Feminised (Serious Seeds)

75% coco 25% Perlite
Mars Pro II Epistar 160 (LED)
11 Litre or 3 Gal Air pots (Rocket Pot)
6" Dual speed Gro Fan (Exhaust)
6" Filtaroo air activated carbon filter
6" oscillating fan
Humidifier
.85m x.70m x2.4m wardrobe grow room with mylar film

RO Water
House & Garden A&B coco
GH CaliMAG
Amino treatment
multizyme
Rhizotonic
Great White
Canna Pk 13/14
Bud Xl
Gnatrol (if needed)

Ok so I hope that gives you an Idea of my setup, some of these nutrients I am using for the first time for veg and flower so I have learnt the hard way to use the KISS approach and will be under dosing most of the time.

So I am growing one of each of the strains mentioned, these plants were started off 2 weeks before my harvest in a cupboard setup with a 30w mars hydro led light. I ended up putting them outside for a week and topped them before they were transplanted into 2 litre pots and put inside in the main grow room.

this transitioning did stunt them a little and the early topping but they have finally taken off now and it will be a longer veg thanI hoped for but an extra month doesn't really phase me as I would prefer a successful crop to a failed crop.

So at the current stage they have been veg'd for 7 weeks, here are the ladies in question and there home.

SAM_11005.JPG

SAM_10975.JPG

SAM_11023.JPG

SAM_10984.JPG

This is my first attempt at doing a mini SCROG my space is limited so I cant spread them as much as I would like but I will do some LST as well and shape them as best as I can. Also they were topped initially.

This is a picture of my last plant that I just topped and LST'd to try and achieve a flat canopy, it worked out pretty well considering I used no netting, so I'm hoping I will have the same success or better this time round

SAM_10955.JPG

SAM_10945.JPG

I hope these pics have uploaded, if not I will be back to fix them :)

I usually only run 2 two 3 plants inside so my mixes are small, 1litre, 2 litre, or 4 litre mixes.
Previous grow attempts have suffered due to overfeeding and nitrogen toxicity, not having a Ph pen or EC meter.
I did have a liquid Ph test kit but as we all know a pen is needed. As for the EC meter, any beginner grower MUST have one of these, I winged my first grow with liquid ph test kit no EC meter because I fed light and had 20-30% runoff so there was no salt build up and I had a successful harvest.

The next two three attempts didn't go so well and I wasted almost a year on failed indoor grows due to overfeeding and trying to push my plants without the right equipment or knowledge. I am lucky that I could put them outside in the ground and thankfully mother nature saved nearly all of them and I was able to harvest them.

I just cant stress enough to the new growers out there, myself included as I am finally at a stage where I am competent to have a successful grow. Don't try and push your plants like the seasoned experienced growers on this forum or any other.
The plants these guys are producing and the setups they have, is through many years of experience and fuck ups, where they have everything dialled in and can push there bitches with high EC feedings and multiple feedings a day.
As a person that has made many mistakes I would suggest starting off at quarter dose and working your way up to half strength for your first few grows. You will still get a decent harvest and gain a lot of experience, not just look at sick ladies for weeks or months and waist a lot of time and money for a plant that wont produce anything but frustration. GET AN EC METER AND PH PEN!

Anyway enough preaching this is how my feeding began and the current stage its at for veg. RO WATER

I started off at EC .5 feedings after a few days for a week or so I didn't write the exact recipe down but I started a journal for the next feedings. Amount is halved between both plants. They are fed when the medium is starting to show the first signs of drying, or when pot is light.

1 - 3 weeks old EC .8 (2 Litres)

calimag .1-.2 EC
A&B 1.25ML .5 EC
Amino treatement .6ml
rhizotonic 8ml
multizyme 2 ml
great white 1/2 scoop

PH 6.0

4 - 7 Weeks old and possibly until flower 1.2 EC (4 LITRES)

calimag .1 - .2 ec
A&B 7ML 1.0 EC
Amino treatment 1.8 ml
rhizotonic 16 ml
multizyme 4ml
great white - full scoop

PH 6.0

As you can see my feedings are quite light but I flowered the large Incredible Bulk maxing out at 1.1 EC That plant was brought back from nitrogen toxicity it was a 6 month grow due to over a month of recovery. So EC levels had to be kept low because the damage had already been done and it could not be pushed as much.

I am gradually increasing my feedings and just adapting to what the plants are showing me. I should of mentioned prior that these are hand fed drain to waist with 20-30% runoff. I would rather waist $20 -$50 extra on a grow in nutrients due to slightly more run off than a month or two on electricity, nutrients, water and my sanity for a failed crop. still works out a lot cheaper :)
I have no salt build ups, what goes in, comes out on my readings and everybody is happy :)

I'm sure I may have missed some things, but I will try my best to keep you up to date with everything. I will try and post at least weekly and keep you guys up to date. see you soon and enjoy.

Just subb’d in. Looking forward to watching your Grow and learning a few things. I’m just waiting for seeds (have been for 2 months!) and am a Coco fan, too. I’m interested in seeing how the H&G Amino Treatment works. I’m only up to my 3rd Indoor Grow so I’ll try and keep stupid questions to a minimum! Respect

Hi Annabanana, nice to have you on board!
Im pretty much in the same boat as you. only my third proper indoor grow, I had a lot of issues on 2 or 3 other grows with nitrogen toxicity and ph issues, So I did what everyone else said and got some meters.
No question is a silly question and I'm sure we can help eachother along the way as I still have a lot to learn also :)

So it has been 5 days since the last post and photos and four days since there last feed.
they have started picking up the pace with feeds from every 6 days to 4 days now.
the surface is starting to turn dry and the pots feeling lighter so it will be feeding time at lights on this afternoon. I am in Queensland Australia and we are in the heart of summertime and it is hot!

Im managing to keep the temps between 26-29 degrees celcius and humidity between 50 % - 65 % there are no signs of heat stress or powdery mildew, air circulation is great so I am not worried about them creeping a little higher. I did however discover a little pest flying around the other day whilst feeding the girls, a little Fungus Gnat!

I'm prepared for these little pricks as I had a heavy infestation on my second grow so I pulled out the yellow stickies and incorporated some Gnatrol into there feed last Monday. I saw three of them on the sticky and have not seen anymore flying around when moving the pots and having a little perve at the ladies.

I had to order that Gnatrol in from the states and let me tell you it is great stuff, don't be afraid to give the doses that are recommended I have not seen it do any harm even when I had to use it in multiple successive feedings.

So I incorporated 1 tsp into my 4Litre (roughly a gallon) feed, however I did not add any Great White. I'm not sure if it has any affect on the beneficial bacteria so I just left it out that feed.

SAM_11073.JPG

GDP
SAM_11063.JPG

WR
SAM_11051.JPG

They have pretty much filled out the mini Scrog's , the WR is a little behind the GDP. the GDP is a real branchy plant, I'm having to put multiple branches in most of the squares.
The WR is a lot easier to Manage and a lot less branchy which makes life a little easier. The GDP appears to have stronger stems than the WR and more nodes on each branch.
I trimmed away any small branch growth under the canopy yesterday and gave them some defoliation where needed. I'm not sure if I should trim away the bigger leaves under the canopy? They are not in the way of anything and I don't want to get rid of to much foliage at this stage especially after doing quite a bit of defoliation.

As for the Amino treatment Annabanana, it is my first time using it, so I am looking forward to see if there are any major differences/benefits to my last grow. As I said the GDP has nice strong branches that are fattening up nicely, they are dealing with the heat fine, no Nitrogen toxicity or disease present, so hopefully The Amino Treatment is playing a part in this.
I'm planning to veg for roughly another 4 weeks so they should get some decent size by then.

That's pretty much it for now will try and update every feeding day, Happy gardening!

Hi to anyone having a look in on this grow.
Not much has been happening, just gave the girls a feed yesterday and have decided that I will begin flowering in 2 days time.
I will be going away in march and I don't feel comfortable will someone else feeding them for 4 days especially so close to finish.

So the plan is to let them go 63 days and flush for 7 days, but as we know these things cant always be planned to a T.
The plants are coming along nicely The GDP is starting to really thrive with the WR not to far behind with the mini Scrog basically full, there just under the last 2 or 3 squares, but spread none the less.
so here are some pics for you folks

SAM_11113.JPG

GDP
SAM_11121.JPG

GDP
SAM_11134.JPG

WR
SAM_11146.JPG

WR
SAM_11154.JPG

I would of like to have vegged for a bit longer but they are about a foot tall now. never grown these strains out but the GDP is a very branchy plant that looks like it can get a bit out of control if you let her get to big in veg.
The WR looks like more a squat plant that wont gain that much height, just be a nice bush.

So the next feed when I flip the girls over I plan to bump the EC UP TO 1.4 and see how they react, as Ive stated I am a light feeder and would prefer successful harvests at the moment as opposed to pushing the girls for maximum yield and burning the shit out of them :)
I will slowly find out what they can take and build on that for future grows.
Happy new year to everyone, see you guys on the flip day!

Howdy Folks,
well Flowering has officially started as of the 04/01/2018.
I'm really excited about this grow as it will be the first problem free veg going into flower. It's amazing how an EC metre and PH pen helps with that :)
Here are the girls just prior to both lighting spectrums being activated and there feed and defoliation.
SAM_11164.JPG

SAM_11175.JPG

GDP
SAM_11213.JPG

GDP
SAM_11204.JPG

WR
SAM_11232.JPG

WR
SAM_11222.JPG

They put on a substantial bit of size the last 3 days of veg and the WR has caught up nicely to the GDP and filled the screen.
So the plan was to bump the EC up to 1.4 for the first 2 weeks of flower but after doing all my calculations for a 4 Litre brew it ended up at 1.6.
I'm hoping they will be ok with this, upon inspection this morning there does not appear to be any nute burn on the leaves or clawing but I guess its to early to tell after 16 hours.
so this is the current feed for a 4 litre brew. I was quite surprised that the Amino treatment and Great white raised the EC by .1 each

Week 1 & 2 Flower 1.6 EC (4 Litres)

Calimag - 1.25 ml .2EC
A&B - 8 ml 1.4 EC
Amino treatment - 3.6 ml .1 EC
Rhizotonic - 16 ml
Multizyme - 4 ml
Great White - Full Scoop .1 EC
PH - 6.0

Whether or not the Amino and Great White do actually increase the EC by .2 combined or the mix was still stabilising I'm Not sure. I mix up the brew in the same order it is listed and after adding the A&B the mix was at 1.4. I used the EC meter after every other ingredient and it went up by .1 EC each time for those to additives.
Anyway I feel confident that they will be fine, they are healthy looking plants that have never been over fed, so fingers crossed.
I removed the humidifier and raised the light about 10-15cm now that both spectrums are on. The Mars Pro II Epistar 160 (LED) goes pretty good for what it is and I don't want to risk any light burn as it is the middle of summer here in Australia and grow room temps are averaging 25-30 degrees and humidity 42-55% without the Humidifier.
I just placed an order for some BUD XL and Shooting Powder last night so I am looking forward to seeing how they go as I have only ever used Canna PK 13/14 as bloom booster.
So here are the girls after there feed and defoliation. Tucked whatever else I could into any gaps before the stretch and will just amend as I go.
SAM_11262.JPG

GDP
SAM_11253.JPG

WR
SAM_11242.JPG

Thanks to the people that have stopped by to have a look, It's my first Journal so any feedback would be good. I know I'm no experienced grower Like Cultivator and many others but I hope some people starting out have picked up a few things through my mistakes :)

Howdy folks, I was a bit busy and not able to post when these photos were taken but this post is for DAY #4 Flowering.
Everything is going well except for temperatures going up about 6 degrees since I put both light spectrums on and removed the humidifier.
temps are at 30-32 degrees lights on and 26 degrees lights off.
The plants don't seem to be affected at all they are booming and stretching nicely. The oscilating fan is blowing over the canopy and the exhaust fan is making sure there is good air circulation. so yeah its summer here in Queensland Australia, I guess you could compare it to a California grow in summer.
So the plants are being fed 3-4 times a week now as opposed to 1-2 times in veg. The GDP has really taken off and bushed up nicely, WR not to far behind and the 1.6 EC feeds are not causing any problems.
I am alternating each feed between 1.6 EC and 1.2 EC, They would probably be fine at just 1.6 but I still am a little cautious.
It's safe to say that the GDP will be the bigger out of the two but its probably a good thing that one is a little smaller as horizontal space may become an issue.
These pics were from 2 days ago, but you can see how things have changed in only 4 days from transition to flower.
GDP
SAM_11292.JPG

GDP
SAM_11301.JPG

WR
SAM_11273.JPG

WR
SAM_11284.JPG

Any comments or feedback/advice are always welcome, you don't always have to be window shoppers :)
happy growing!

Hello guys, Day 10 of flower.
Everything is going great, Its been a stinking hot weekend 37 degrees!! The girls have pulled through fine and are really starting to stretch. The GDP has exploded with growth and the WR is also doing nicely, definitely not going to get as big as the GDP but that's not such a bad thing as she is really starting to hog the grow room.
The GDP is being fed every day now with 1.6 EC and the WR every second day. I notice now what people meant about these airpots drying out quickly, especially in a coco/perlite mix.
They are taking the nutes fine, I think 1.6 is the sweet spot for these guys, no nute burn at all just the tiniest hint of yellow on the tip of some of the GDP leaves.
All in all I am very happy with how they are doing, I do need to do some LST just before the really set in with the flowering to make sure everything is secure and getting as much light as it can.
anyway here they are at day 10 flower
SAM_11393.JPG

GDP
SAM_11404.JPG

GDP
SAM_11411.JPG

WR
SAM_11432.JPG

WR
SAM_11443.JPG

I also some got some pot plant trolleys for them, makes moving them around a little easier. Enjoy.

Day 19 of flower
Hello to anybody chiming in. its been a busy week with the girls, the GDP is really starting to hog the grow space. I've been trying to position them both in there so the WR is not getting robbed from any light as it is a little behind in the size department.
Its really starting to make me think about just growing 1 in a 19 litre airpot as running two in there gets quite tight! Also with this heat the airpots do dry out very quickly which is something I'm not really use to. he GDP is an every day feeder that might even become a multiple feeder per day, whereas the WR is still every second day.
This was there last feeding at 1.6 EC with the Rhizotonic and Great white. This is my first proper run with no problems with veg so its hard to say if the extra additives Ive used this run have made a difference but all I can say is I'm very pleased with how healthy and vigorous they are looking especially the GDP its just gone out of control in the last 2 weeks. The additives I'm talking about are Amino treatment, Great White, Rhzotonic, and multizyme.
So the first real signs of flowers and white pistils have emerged on both plants, Just after these photos were taken I had to do some LST/Spreading of the branches, substantial defoliation and some support tying to prepare myself the bud weight to come.
I would much rather secure these branches now before something snaps when the buds get bigger whilst I'm moving them around. The GDP looks like a great candidate for supercropping. It has nice long branches with good spacing between internodes to get in and bend those branches over.
I keeping notes on how each plant grows and what options I can take for future runs with them.
Theres not really much more to tell, Im just waiting for my shooting powder to arrive and my PH up as removing the Rhizotonic and Great White from the brew has dropped the PH of the mix to about 5.3 so Im raising it back to 6 with a tiny splash of Rhizotonic.
Hay, we gotta do what we gotta do, it works and I'm sure a tiny bit of Rhizo to raise the PH is doing no harm.
Well that's about it for now, the next update the girls will be looking quite a bit different after the spreading and defol, and hopefully those nugs are starting to pack on some size. Enjoy.
GDP
SAM_11542.JPG

SAM_11554.JPG

SAM_11563.JPG

SAM_11573.JPG

WR
SAM_11464.JPG

SAM_11473.JPG

SAM_11524.JPG

Any input or suggestions/criticism are welcome, always looking to improve things and learn new things from the veterans :)

Day 21 of Flower
Hello, getting toward the business end of things. Starting week 4 now, gave the girls there first dose of Canna PK 13/14.
I finished week 3 with an EC of 1.9 and have dropped it down to 1.6 now with the PK 13/14, I don't want to burn the shit out of them so I will see how they respond.
I will be running this through week 5 and 6 also and then switch to shooting powder for 7, 8, 9.

Here are my current feed specs based on 4 Litres

Week 4 Flower (4 litres)

Calimag .2 Ec

A & B 1.1 Ec (10 ml)

Multizyme .1 EC (4 ml)

Bud XL (4 ml)

PK 13/14 .2 EC (3ml)

EC 1.6 - 1.7

Everything is going really good so I will just see how they respond with this feed and tweak from there. In a rush so here are some pics.

SAM_11593.JPG

GDP
SAM_11647.JPG

GDP
SAM_11615.JPG

GDP
SAM_11625.JPG

WR
SAM_11676.JPG

WR
SAM_11668.JPG

WR
SAM_11684.JPG

Beginning of week 5 Flower
Howdy Folks so I'm at the half way mark of my flowering period as I am going for a 9 week flower (63 days) 1 week flush. Things are going very well, the stretch appears to be finally over and although the GDP is the more robust of the two, the WR ended up having the tallest branches. You wouldn't think it at first glance but there are two or three branches that are slightly taller than the GDP.
I will be documenting these growth habits for further grows, 2 WR can be grown together in my grow space but definitely not two GDP. I am very impressed with the growth pattern of the GDP and have decided to do a single GDP this winter in a 5 gallon air pot. I am not expecting to get much colour from the GDP as it is summer here now so it will be interesting to let have one big monster in winter.
What I can say is these Air Pots really do dry out quickly, The GDP is being fed every day and could probably be fed twice a day but I just don't have time. I will not be mixing Perlite with the coco next run as these pots dry out quick enough without speeding up the process with Perlite.
So I have backed off on the feeding now to 1.2 EC. Ive noticed when I try to keep the EC higher when adding the PK 13/14 I start to get a bit of burn so I think 1.2 is the sweet spot for me. The GDP has some slight burn on some of the tips and edges, might be because it gets fed more often as well, however the WR has no burn and appears to be able to take the heavier feeds. Its been great having RO water as I can finally see what a good average is for feeding.
I have determined that maxing out on 1.6 - 2.0 EC for Veg and 1.2 - 1.6 EC for flower is what I will be working with in the future, however this can vary from strain to strain, but I do feel confident now with these numbers as a good average.
So this is my feeding mix based on 4 litres that I will be running until week 7 when I drop the PK 13/14 and switch to Shooting Powder.

Week 5 Flower (4 litres) RO Water

Calimag .2 Ec

A & B .8 Ec (6 ml)

Multizyme .1 EC (4 ml)

Bud XL (4 ml)

PK 13/14 .2 EC (3ml)

EC 1.2 - 1.3 EC

PH 5.8 - 6.0

The GDP is ahead in the flowering as for pistils and frost beginning to develop on the leaves. Her flowers are starting to show where they will connect and I have just been doing some slight defol and tying on both to make sure everything is getting as much light as possible. Its a bit of a challenge with the GDP as she is hogging quite a bit of space in the grow room and will definitely going in there alone next time I run GDP. I am happy to run to WR together as there growth is predictable, but the GDP took me buy surprise. It tripled in height and girth, and throws some massive fan leaves.
I guess my mini SCROG worked out fine as you will see from the pics, they ended up looking pretty even in there final shape.
so here we go guys, enjoy!

SAM_11697.JPG

SAM_11714.JPG

GDP
SAM_11766.JPG

GDP
SAM_11774.JPG

GDP
SAM_11784.JPG

WR
SAM_11734.JPG

WR
SAM_11725.JPG

WR
SAM_11744.JPG

As always It would be nice to hear some input/suggestions. I am no pro and always looking to learn and Improve.
Happy Growing!!!

Beginning of Week 6 Flower
Howdy folks, pretty busy so I will make this one quick. So I'm finishing up with the PK 13/14 now and them a week of just A&B , Multizyme and Bud XL.
I will feed at 1.2 EC, give them a bit of a break before I start the Shooting Powder in week 7.
Everything is going well, done a little bit of damage to some of the tips on the GDP due to a little excess PK 13/14 in week 4 but I backed off in the last week or so it should be fine.
The WR took it like a trooper and has no burn what so ever. Definitely the heavier feeder of the two, maybe because it is being fed every second day due to the media drying out slower on her.
The GDP is a beast though, the flowers are coming along beautifully and it does look like it will be ready at 63 days, with a 1 week flush.
The WR however looks like it is 2 weeks behind the GDP, flowers are still small, it is beginning to frost up but I think I have the slow blooming Indica Pheno.
It would really have to pack on in the next two weeks to stand a chance of finishing at the same time, a bit of an inconvenience as I need to get the grow going immediately after chop.
I have a small veg cupboard that I want to start my next grow in So I hope they finish the same time. Apart from the slight burn on the GDP they are both doing very well, raised the light slightly aswell as it is very hot here still, but I am happy with how things are going.
Hopefully I wont be so busy next week.
Happy Growing Folks!!
GDP
SAM_11836.JPG

GDP
SAM_11842.JPG

GDP
SAM_11856.JPG

GDP
SAM_11864.JPG

WR
SAM_11795.JPG

WR
SAM_11807.JPG

WR
SAM_11825.JPG

Beginning of Week 7 Flower

Hi guys , a couple days late on week 7 as it commenced on the 15/02 but have been very busy. So we have 4 full weeks left including flush until we are done, although I an very sceptical if the White Russian will be finished.
the flower sites are finally starting to get a little bit thicker and chunkier but it still looks like it is a couple of weeks behind the GDP that has already got some nice connected colas.
Week 6 was a bit of rest for the girls nutrients wise with just the base nutes, bud xl and multizyme, with one feed also including Great White. I wanted to give them a bit of a break before introducing the shooting powder on week 7. The GDP got a little cooked from the Canna PK 13/14 and I have finally learnt my lesson to stick to the lower dosage of 1 ml to 4 litres of water.
The WR has the tiniest sign of nute burn on the tips and could take it a lot better but will definitely be sticking to lower dosage on the PK 13/14. Anyway I have given the girls 2 feeds now with the Shooting powder in the mix, I have under dosed this aswell , roughly a quarter of the recommended dosage to see how they will respond and I will build up to half dosage I think.
I don't want to experiment to much first time round with this stuff, so I will just keep it light and simple.
so this is how I am feeding the girls now, quite a light feed but like I said not looking at cooking the girls, or causing anymore damage.

Week 7 Flower (4 litres) RO Water

Calimag .2 Ec

A & B .6 Ec (6 ml)

Multizyme .1 EC (4 ml)

Bud XL (4 ml)

PK 13/14 .1 EC (1 ml)

Shooting Powder .1 EC (1 Gram )

EC 1.0 - 1.1 EC

PH 5.8 - 6.0

The ratio of shooting powder for week 1 of use works out to .65 gr per 1 litre week 1, recommended half dose then 1.3 gr per litre week 2 & 3 recommended dose.
So as you can see I am under that by quite a bit but I don't want my first experience with the stuff to be a bad one. I will go up to 2 gr per litre on week 2 & 3 and think I should be ok. I still think it may be a little early to be using it on the WR but I am on a strict time schedule for this harvest and I could only really let the WR go another week if I had to 77 days with flush.
I have a big day today doing some concreting so I have to take off, see you guys soon, happy growing!
SAM_11875.JPG

SAM_11961.JPG

GDP
SAM_11923.JPG

GDP
SAM_11933.JPG

GDP
SAM_11942.JPG

WR
SAM_11894.JPG

WR
SAM_11914.JPG

WR
SAM_11906.JPG

Week 8 Flower (22/02)
Hi folks, so we are getting pretty close to the finish line, however there has been a slight hiccup. Very angry with myself because I should know better by now but one more final lesson just to get it through my head.
So I noticed some burn on the GDP and very slight burn on the WR.
first thing I did was back off on the nutes, but I wasn't feeding them very high in flower anyway 1.2 - 1.4.
still wasn't seeing any improvement, so I did something I hadn't done since late veg, which was testing my runoff and low and behold it was through the roof. I always hand feed with 20-30 % run off so I assumed I wouldn't have a build up of nutes in the media but I did. GDP was at 2.8 ec and WR was at 2.4 ec.
I immediately flushed them both with about 8 litres of PH RO water bringing them down to .8 EC.
disappointed that I have allowed this to happen so late in the game but it will definitely never happen again!
the next two weeks will be light feeds 1.0-1.2 EC with quarter doses of shooting powder.
It has been a very hot humid summer here in Australia and I will not be doing two plants during summer again I will just go a single in a 19 Litre air pot.
I hope I haven't affected the overall yield to much but at least I have fixed the problem before they really start packing on in the last couple weeks which is now.
The WR is really starting to catch up now and bulking up well. I think I may have to let it go an extra week but I will see at the end of week nine. The plan was to have 2 other girls ready to go in when they get chopped but I may just have to leave them in the small grow box for an extra week.
I will try and organise a little treat for you guys. I have some pretty awesome girls going outside that are coming along really really well. Sour D , Budzilla, Green Ninja, Afghan Kush x Yumbolt, critical Jack Herer, Afghan kush x skunk, Pineapple chunk. Some really big girls amongst them that look like they are going to put out some serious bud.

Anyway guys heres some pics and lesson learnt! keep checking runoff!
full

GDP
full

GDP
full

WR
full

WR
full

Hi Guys, very busy today as I will be chopping 1 of my outdoor girls, so 1st I will put up the pics from the outdoor ladies and will do the indoor report tonight.
Amherest Sour Diesel
full

full

full

full

Green Ninja
full

full

Critical Jack Herer
full

full

Afghan Kush x Yumbolt
full

full

Critical Jack Herer #2
full

Afghan Kush x Skunk (Reveg)
full

Pineapple Chunk
full

full

So as you can see guys I have been very busy hence the late post on the grow journal some weeks. The Pineapple chunk is getting the chop today, to many storms of late and branches/buds getting damaged, I don't want to lose anymore.
The Budzilla photo was shit so I didn't post it but there are also a few clones in there, about 15 of them all up outside , so yes keeping me very busy!!!
Anyway time to get smelly and pull out the scissors. will try to get the journal up tonight after all the trimming!

week 8 Flower (1/3)

The end is near and it cant come soon enough. High Temps and and a new discovery that I just made in the form of spier mites has got me really anxious.
Upon inspecting the trichomes on the WR with the jewellers loop I saw some white spots on the leaves, I thought this had to do with the nute burn but as I was looking at the trihomes I saw something crawling.
It was a Spider mite! then I looked under the leaves and saw some brown spots which were eggs!
The little bastards made there way in some how. This is the first time this has happened and obviously I started freaking out as I am so close to finish. we have had some really high temps and high humidity here. Even though I have a dehumidifier on constantly and the fan blowing I cant get the temps down to where I want without hooking up an AC of some sort.
This will definitely be the last time I put 2 plants in the grow room during summer, way to much heat and humidity but thank god we have now started Autumn and temps should start dropping slowly.
Outdoors is so simple , Only problem I have had is Grass hoppers nibbling on leaves, inside is a completely different beast.
I hope you guys enjoyed the photos, its going to be a great harvest and I cant wait.
Other than that I have just been alternating feeds with and and without Shooting Powder. The WR is coming home strong, really starts to bulk up in the last few weeks as apose to the GDP that has just been steady the whole way through.
I should of mentioned how I treated the Spider Mites, I was in a mad rush to knock them out and didn't have time to order or go to the shops and look for products so I went with the alcohol option.
I used Iso Propal at a mix rate of 9 parts water 1 part Iso Propal. Gave them a good spray amongst all the leaves and underneath. Then let them sit out away from the grow light with a fan blowing over them for an hour or so until they dried out before I put them back under the light.
I will have a look at them again today, hopefully I have nailed the little bastards.
The yield wont be as big as I hoped nut I will still get some nice buds. Lessons still learnt this grow. Test run off more frequently and look for spider mites. At least I know what to look for now, what I thought was nute burn was actually them. So as long as we are still learning and improving a small sacrifice in yield isn't such a bad thing. Any way without further a dew.....
full

GDP
full

GDP
full

WR
full

WR
full

Week 9 Flower (8/3)
I apologise for the delay but I have been on a short vacation and very pre occupied with the other girls outside.
The spider mites proved to be a real pain in the ass and I am glad that this grow is done.
Whilst I was away for a week I set up an automatic feeding system to flush the plants with plain RO water.
Week 9 was just an ordinary week of feeding with shooting powder twice during that time,
The WR swelled nicely however the spider mites went to town on him, to close to finish to spray heavily but at least I know what to look for.
Will be more diligent in what I bring next to the grow room aswell. All in all I can say they were 2 easy to grow plants which I think will yield between 2-3 ounces each dried. Considering it was a very hot summer with high temps in the grow room its not to bad. The buds are nice and hard especially on the GDP, nice aromas , can't wait to try them!
Will give you an update when all is dried and cured. I usually cure for about 4 weeks, but may keep them a little longer, see how we go.
Thanks for everyone that showed some interest, I'm still learning but glad to have this one over and done with as the new recruits are waiting to go in.
Happy farming.
full

full

full

full

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal in Grow Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

Back
Top Bottom