RC's Low-Budget Home Depot and Bagseed grow

where can i find some mylar? i looked all over wal mart i didnt see any at HD or lowes

I looked for emergency blankets in WalMart too, but no luck... so I had to order online from a green house supply.

There is a product you can get at Home Depot that's close... look in the window shade section for mirrored privacy window film.

You can get a lot more mylar online for the same cost though... :Rasta:

thanks for the quick replies! thanks for stopping by! i have new progress to post will take pics in a few...

but
it's also sold as space blankets

i just read those dont work well because theyre so thin and already light can pass through. and the creases and folds wear and turn almost completly transparent and end up having a low reflection ability. i thought it was a good idea till i read that 10min ago. i also just noticed suncoasthydro got his site working Suncoast Hydroponics, LLC - Suncoast Hydroponics so i might just get some from him

(from outside source)
"These are ultra thin polyester blankets that are sold in most camping stores and are constructed of a single layer of polyester film that is covered with a layer of vapor deposited aluminum.

It is not very effective at reflecting light because it is so thin. Holding it between you and a light source, many small holes are noticed at the intersections of creases and the entire blanket is translucent to begin with, this coupled with the many creases that are in it when you purchase it takes away a significant amount of it reflectivity. It is very easily creased as well which also detracts from its ability to reflect light. And while it is reflects nearly 90% of radiant heat energy, it is only able to reflect around 70% of the light.

The largest advantage of using this type of material is that it is very cheap and therefore easily replaced. Emergency blankets can create hotspots if not attached flush to the wall so it is important that no air gaps exist between it and your supporting wall. The easiest way to attach this is to use tape (Aluminum or metal tape is recommended), as it tears very easily once it is cut or punctured."

:roorrip:

Wow rc51sport I guess I'm bad that's what I use for reflectors they were cheap 10 bucks for 4, easy I used a staple gun to put them up. My grow room was cheap and all totaled up less than a grand that includes nutes. My money went for seeds over a grand and counting.:grinjoint:

Pan4

Wow rc51sport I guess I'm bad that's what I use for reflectors they were cheap 10 bucks for 4, easy I used a staple gun to put them up. My grow room was cheap and all totaled up less than a grand that includes nutes. My money went for seeds over a grand and counting.:grinjoint:

Pan4

maybe that person was incorrect.. i do see what you produce pan4 and i must say i am impressed

anyways here is the veg closet, still looking for some mylar and will move a bigger fan in there once the seedlings have a lil strength to them. they are growing quickly and straight for the light! and i want to get different bulbs for the round reflectors. the plants are out under the smaller CFLs right now, ive been keeping them under the 100w CFL mostly (where the jiffy pellet tray is)

also planted 6 more seeds last night.

42023.jpg

42112.jpg

42211.jpg

42311.jpg

42410.jpg

42510.jpg

2 questions. what level of humidity does cannabis thrive in? is it different per strain? and when should i start feeding diluted nutes? its all purpose 10-10-10 i think and every other watering when i do?

In veg you want a high humidity 70-80%. But in flower you want Rh of 50% or less. My veg room runs at 80% rh and 90F. My flower room runs at 30% Rh and 75F.:smokin:
Yes to the every other feeding. I wish there was people closer I have all the Fox Farm nutes just sitting around doing nothing.:grinjoint:

Pan4

no just bagseed so its a mix male/fem thats why im debating in my head how many to put into dirt. i guess i can manage scrapping a couple fems if i have to?

There are things that you can do to influence your average I think such as cool temperatures and deep pots. I can't remember any more but there are a few. Which makes sense because in nature MJ doesn't need one male for each female. More like one for each 1/4 mile lol.

question!... will the flowering bulbs help much with veg growth also?

Every little bit helps. But if you are using more (or exclusively) lights that lean toward the flowering spectrum you will have greater distance between the nodes.

If, OTOH, you use all 6500K CFLs and keep them right at the plants you can get some extremely tight internodal-spacing.

just for the hell of it and out of curiosity...
what do you think would happen if i stuck a round clamplight reflector around the base of a plant while small (thru the hole in the middle) and let it grow like that, would it promote much growth or more branching maybe?

You'd be reflecting light onto the undersides of the leaves. They wouldn't really use it. And... Have you ever tried to pull a plant through a small hole after it's started to grow? It might end up staying there until harvest lmao.

You'd be reflecting light onto the undersides of the leaves. They wouldn't really use it. And... Have you ever tried to pull a plant through a small hole after it's started to grow? It might end up staying there until harvest lmao.

that was the plan lol, i didnt know if it would help get light to budsites farther inside the plant?

Oh ok. I somehow got the idea that you were only planning on having the reflectors in place while the plants were young.

I've seen some plants with main trunks about the size of the hole in one of those reflectors but that was an extended-vegetation period and with bright lights. The Dremel Tool wasn't adequate for cut-down that year lol.

If you're using CFLs I don't know how much benefit you'd see from doing so unless your bulbs were pretty close to the reflectors. Since you are using them, I'd just try to hang them all around the plants as they grow. I've read a couple of grow journals that showed that good bud is definitely possible with these bulbs and I think they both had the bulbs surrounding the girls before they were finished. If those bulbs work great but only over a few inches, just stick them every few inches.

how close are the lights

lol i just pull them out for pics
with the size of my closet i cant get down low enough to get pics of them while they are under normal light

i keep them about 2" below the 100w 6500k CFL bulb with a fan on them
that light stays alot cooler too, i get it down to 77 deg under that one

:Rasta:

-RC

Back
Top Bottom