9 weeks 7 days into flower and no amber

WarBux79

These were two free seeds from attitude. I dont know the strain because they got mixed up. I am 9 weeks and 7 days into flower. This was my first grow under this large of a light (1000w) I think I had the light too close and the weather was really hot until just recently. They were stressed for about 4 weeks and are not showing amber using 30x loupe w/ the hps off. They are all cloudy. I think the one with the most green still might finish but I dont know if the other one even has enough green left to finish. What do you guys think?

2010-09-23_001_2010-09-23_001.JPG

2010-09-23_001_2010-09-23_003.JPG
2010-09-23_001_2010-09-23_004.JPG
2010-09-23_001_2010-09-23_005.JPG
2010-09-23_001_2010-09-23_006.JPG
2010-09-23_001_2010-09-23_007.JPG
2010-09-23_001_2010-09-23_008.JPG
2010-09-23_001_2010-09-23_009.JPG

if you are 10 weeks in, chances are it done. It isn't bad to harvest when the trichomes are cloudy, you just won't get the "couchlock" high. The dammage to the leaves are taking energy away from the budding process, so it's up to you really if you want to continue the grow. I probabally would keep growing just to see how far it will go.

if you are 10 weeks in, chances are it done. It isn't bad to harvest when the trichomes are cloudy, you just won't get the "couchlock" high. The dammage to the leaves are taking energy away from the budding process, so it's up to you really if you want to continue the grow. I probabally would keep growing just to see how far it will go.

I would like to keep going if they are going to finish. One of them seems to be swelling up some. I think this one is closer to being finished then the other one but I dont know if they have enough green to finish. I would love to hear from others. I dont want to pull them early if they are going to finish up.

Well, I would go ahead and wait it out a bit more. Why not? If it's done, then it's done, and no harm to it.

But if you can continue to see results, then why the heck not be a little more patient?

Good luck man.

They are both still producing white hairs but I think they will do that until they die. I intend to leave the one with more green on it another week or 2 but the one that looks all burnt up is the one I am concerned about. Maybe its just so burnt up that it is finished and will start to lose potency. Some of the single leaves are starting to yellow now too

2_005.jpg
hello, i too am in the same boat.when is enough.....try taking pictures with Macro? on your camera.then you can get to within 1-2 inches from the buds.thats what i'm doing and i still can't tell between cloudy,amber ect.i guess thats part of learning.good things take time,right? have fun with them,Todd i will try to show some of my pictures,i am a tecno peasent...:roorrip:
overlay-round.gif
2_003.jpg
so i got the picture thing kind of figured out....so what do you think? are they clear or cloudy? or does any one see amber? like i said,i think this will be a learning prosess.so any help would be great..p.s. a easy trick to holding your camara steady for the close up is.....find a bolt that fits into the hole on the bottom of your camara,tie a long string to the bolt,then as you are taking the picture stand on the string and pull it tight,ta da now you have a weird tri pod thing that will help you steady the camara,does that make sence?

Hello,anyone home?i really need some advice about the color of my trics.i will try and get some pictures today and see if they have changed. so any thoughts? thanks, Red:roorrip:

It seems they are still cloudy white bro. Really, you can harvest whenever you like. Its all based on personal preference of the High that you like. If you want a mind, uplifting high.. harvest now. If you like the stoned, "couchlock", unable to move high, harvest in a week or two.

we are spossed to have 2 sunny days starting tomorrow.i think after that i will cut them down.i am a bit worried as i found a small brown mold spot on a top, about the size of a dime.i cut it off and then some to be sure to get it all. i just hope my timming is right cause they are lookin GOOD!@!!my first outdoor grow..... what time of the day should i cut them down.i have been told to do it at the last hours of darkness...true/false? let me know. are these gettin ready?

Hello, due to mold concerns i plan on cutting them down asap. what hour of the day do you cut them down? i have heard early moring hours are good. any help would be great....PLEASE!!! thanks ,Red

Can someone help me? Just need a little advice. I am a new grower, a white widow plant. It's been flowering for about 6 weeks. It looks to be in good health. The flowers have a lot of white threads, but no real bud. Some of the white threads are turning amber colored, so I think it should be time to harvest (or at least soon). But I expected to have some big buds, but it's just really small nodes (unsure if this is a correct word to use, but I use it to describe something small). Any advice on how to get my buds bigger? It's not even worth harvesting right now, I'll barely get anything.

hang on man,are you seeing those trics yet ?the little things that hold the thc.if they havent shown up yet there might be some more filling out to come..looking back i too was wondering where the buds come from.well slow but sure they filled up.hope the same for you, good luck,Red

yea just scrool up to my pictures and check out the stuff that looks like sugar.thats the trics.i have no idea how to spell the full word,theres more to it.anyway the trics hold the thc from what i understand. like i said this is my first time as well so i'm just stumblin through... i found my answer to what time of the day to actually cut them down.its the last hour of darkness,thats when the thc is at its highist.wow there is so much to growing this stuff.who'd a thunk it....good luck,Red:roorrip:

It's spelled "TRICHOME". you need a good magnifying glass and they look like tiny mushrooms all over your buds and smaller leaves. Do not harvest according to the color of the hairs. Want a mental high ? Harvest when the trichomes are 50% clear and 50% milky or mostly milky (on the head of the mushroom looking thing, the trichome). Want a body, couch potato high? Wait until the trichomes are mostly amber. You will start to lose THC when your plant is over mature. It's all in the timing, good luck.

search google images for 'trichrome thc'.

some strains may never get amber trich's especially sativa's , many times we determine the maturity by the pistol hairs dying and bulking. its up to the grower to determine when the best time to harvest a given strain, for example I have one that matures fast and is best harvested early for smell and bag appeal but will yeild more if grown to term. the plants do tend to smell best during the first hours of light. as to mold its very fast once detected and should be harvested a.s.a.p. if out door the hot day and cool night will mold many strains don't try to keep growing it if you get it you may loose it altogether. the info is all here I just don't participate much so I'm unable to give you guys the links I'll try and find it and get back. good luck

Back
Top Bottom