A change of life

Bas1m

Hello guys
Im in my 3rd year university (engineer). And i have realised that i don't want to be an engineer. I want to be a grower and work somewhere where its legal .
I love cultivating cannabis , i love smoking it . I love taking care of it and most of all i love learning about it !
Im from sultanate of Oman in the middle east , ive visited many 420 friendly countries (California , Amsterdam , spain , mexico..)
Every dispensery i step in or a coffe shop i just feel genuinely happy.

I dont have a degree or anything in planting but i know 90% of the things from a to z (idk what they're called sorry xD) .

I was wondering if its possible for me to work in that field in canada. And what are the proccedures.
I love canada so much , ive always wanted to go there , the kindest people and a just President , kind hearted people that just want to spread peace and happiness. I really would love to live there for a few years and work .

- if anyone could help me be a step closer to my dream , id be much grateful :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You'll likely have to get in line because there's thousands wanting to get in on something like that here and there isn't enough jobs in the field yet. People who have the knowledge are setting up their own licensed grows and hoping to be approved by health canada. We don't know what the future holds for recreational production and whether it'll be controlled in the hands of a few. You're likely to get better opportunities in the US where their states at least have the framework in place and facilities are operating efficiently.

If you'd want to work here you'd have to get a work permit to work for a company and then beat out locals to get it. Otherwise you'll want to go to british colombia and try to get in with the locals and try to network to find work that way but they're a secretive bunch due to the risks still involved. Good luck!

If you went to a weed growing hotspot and lived there long enough to make friends you might get a job trimming bud or something (not a job I'd like) - or though whatever twists of fate might end up involved in growing. But as far as the dream of work in a legal grow. - so far the direction we are taking, as far as I can see- seems to favour big business style cannabis- industrial warehouse type situations- minimum wage, lots of pesticides, low grade generic weed-nasty stuff. More fun to just grow your own personal.

With your engineering background i am sure it would not be too difficult to cross over into biology/genetic engineering. Travel the world and preserve the Landrace / heirloom strains. Create the new wonderful stable strains that capture the passion you possess. Heal the sick, bring peace to the anxious and disturbed. You only live once my friend. Do not waste it!

Gauge

With your engineering background i am sure it would not be too difficult to cross over into biology/genetic engineering. Travel the world and preserve the Landrace / heirloom strains. Create the new wonderful stable strains that capture the passion you possess. Heal the sick, bring peace to the anxious and disturbed. You only live once my friend. Do not waste it!

Gauge
That sounds very interesting, but im really interested in growing and cultivating cannabis plants , and i currently have a scholarship in my country and cannabis is illegal here so i cant even study anything close to it.

i have successfully cultivated a plant and it gave me a really great feeling , like an achievement !
I have plenty of knowledge about cannabis, know how to grow from A-Z , from seed to weed

I really love reading about it and growing it
It'd be a dream come true

I blabered enough
I really hope someday i will work in that field

Back
Top Bottom