A couple of scrog questions

jakej941

Hi everyone, I am starting a 50 plant legal scrog grow and had a couple questions. First is screen height. I have an 8ft ceiling and am looking to maximize my yields. I currently have my screen set at 20in above the top of 5 gal pots of soil. I was thinking of lowering it to about 16 in the middle and keeping the sides at 20 so it is like a bowl. I have seen pics of this. Any thoughts on this and my 20 in screen height?
Also am very torn, to top or not to top. So many differing views on this. Each plant has a 2ftx2ft area of screen with 2inx2in holes. I would like to fill as many holes as possible without overcrowding.
I am using 600w hps in air cooled hoods and have plenty of ventilation and A/C Thanks in advance

I had mine way up there. Eventually, I realized it's just too high. Now, I have the screen 10 inches above the rim of the pots. It seems to be the right height.

Take a look at my grow journal. The link is in my signature block. It shows my screen.

What strain are you using and how does it respond to topping and any other training. Some don't like being topped and some don't like being bent, supercropped. How many screens are you planning to fit under each 600. How long do you plan to veg for? Sometimes you can increase yield by flipping smaller plants faster than waiting to fill the screens.

What strain are you using and how does it respond to topping and any other training. Some don't like being topped and some don't like being bent, supercropped. How many screens are you planning to fit under each 600. How long do you plan to veg for? Sometimes you can increase yield by flipping smaller plants faster than waiting to fill the screens.
Thanks for the reply. My plants are Master Kush. I started bending them at 12-13 inches(4 weeks) to even the tops out a bit before they hit the screen. That was a few days ago. I was thinking 2 more weeks of veg then drop the screen to the tops of the plants then 2 more weeks of training through the screen in veg and then flip to flower. does this sound ok? Each 600w covers a 4x4 section of the screen. Also I did not top because they are clones. Thanks

to jakej941

can you tell me what the master kush strain is like i was considering buying the seeds a while back but opted for the vanilla kush instead

thaks

Back
Top Bottom