A COuple Questions About Flushing

simondetroit

My normal pump cycle for my Aero/NFT system run 1 min. on 4 mins. off. When I flush should I keep the cycle the same? Or just plug the pumps in and run them for 24/7? Any pros/cons?

Also when you flush do you leave any of the nute water in the res. so you not flushing with 100% fresh water or do you just drain the res. all the way and flush with 100% water? And my last question......Do you ph your water when you flush? Thanks:peacetwo:

i drain my res and rinse it out, then add phed water with final phaze. i use to just run plain water to flush but found you need to slack off in nutes twards the end befor you flush. useing final phaze i can feed them as heavy as i need to until the week of the flush. some people say they see no difference, but i can taste the difference in this crop from my last, much better flavor.

also i run my pumps 24/7 in my aero nft.

i drain my res and rinse it out, then add phed water with final phaze. i use to just run plain water to flush but found you need to slack off in nutes twards the end befor you flush. useing final phaze i can feed them as heavy as i need to until the week of the flush. some people say they see no difference, but i can taste the difference in this crop from my last, much better flavor.

also i run my pumps 24/7 in my aero nft.

I didn't really specify. I was really wantin advice on what you do between reservoir changes. Not the final flush before harvest

just drain what you can..fill with fresh..there will be a certan amount remaining in the res...dont worry thats fine

yeah thats what i do, i only clean the res if i see build up in there or my plants are showing a problem. when i do clean them i use bleach water, then a peroxide mix with water to rinse, then rinse a 2nd time with just water. also a good time to sumerge and clean your pumps run them for like 10 min in each and they will be clean as well..

just empty out what you can,and refill with your new water. i used a 160gph pump to drain, it basically gets just about all of it out if you tilt the bin ever so slightly.

Do you guys use clearx or florakleen or just empty what you can and fill with fresh?

I have Clearex in hand and only use it if I see any issues. Otherwise I just empty the res and wipe it down real good and fill it up with tap water. Run the pumps 24 hrs. Then I empty it and fill it up again with nutes and fresh water. Then I reset the pupmps back to their normal cycle. I'm not sure what the pros/ cons are when I run my pumps nonstop during a flush. I would like to definently k ow if their are any cons? I will definently do a flush with Clearex when I switch from veg to flower nutes.

I am running Florakleen right now cause I cant get rid of my nitrogen diff so I am flushing and then going to refill with fresh water and nutes and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom