A new "Hello!" and some thoughts. Cannabis - The 80 year old Lie.

Seraphim

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking here for a few months now. Made a few posts here and there but would like to formally introduce myself now. After reading many threads and learning at almost every turn of the page I have seen more than just sharing of good information.. I have seen friends come together; people caring for each other and folks giving of themselves without expecting anything in return. This is a good place to be.

I would like to enter with the following thought regarding MMJ.

Cannabis - The 80 year old Lie

As everyone knows, there is a lot going on as of late on this issue. And for those of us in places where MMJ is not yet legal, our hopes and dreams for legal access have never been closer to reality. I, like many others, follow news feeds to try to stay on top of this extremely fluid environment. Sometimes wondering if the injustice will finally come to an end or what. Then, it occurred to me.... In a way, we have already won!

Consider this, those arguing in favor of MMJ are doing so from a morally disadvantaged position. The moral high ground is the default position for most people who have no opinion on the matter unless they trulycare about justice and truth. It is therefore very difficult for anyone to further a cause or idea from a morally disadvantaged position.

Now focus your attention on how far the Medical Marijuana cause has come already, right now. 14 states with legal MMJ and 16 or more already with legislation in the pipeline.

So my point is this: Do you really think that this cause would have gotten this far, coming from the disadvantaged moral position - unless we had the TRUTH on our side??!?! Think about that for a moment.

If Medical Marijuana were all a farce as the prohibitionists claim, would it really have been able to get this far? 14 states? Hundreds of doctors and scientists? The American Medical Association's nod for goodness sake? Really? I tell you this.. this argument, if it is even still an argument, is already won by the pro-marijuana camp. It is only a matter of time. Why? Because of one simple reason.

We may not have the moral high ground, but we have something better.

The Truth.

Thanks Wingman580! Very happy to be here!

Hello Seraphim. :allgood: :welcome:
Let's hope California passes Cannabis Legalization in November. :cheer:
I believe that will have a Domino affect.
After the other States witness the positive Cash flow it will create.
Great post Friend. :clap:
We are glad you are here, Keep on postin' :thumb:
:yummy: equals :peace:
:roorrip:

Thanks for being a soldier in the war. :grinjoint:
:welcome: Seraphim, Good point about the 14 states! :thumb:
Glad you joined us in spreading cannabis/hemp awareness.
Don't be a shy member, post often.
I'll see you in the forums.
:peace:

Nice post, it's truely a matter of time. No deaths related to overdose or abuse when big pharma is responsible for so many deaths per year and is completly legal.:whoa: Check out the link below, we should be outraged, let's make some good changes.:peacetwo:

Statistics prove prescription drugs are 16,400% more deadly than terrorists

Cannabis is finally getting the proper recognition as it should be. Good stuff on our relationship with cannabis.

"If you are still wondering whether humans were intended to enjoy and benefit from marijuana's main psychoactive ingredient, THC, pick up a copy of Michael Pollan's bestseller "The Botany of Desire." "
from here Evolution and cannabis -- human brain is hard-wired to experience marijuana's highs | dscriber

and the video
YouTube - Cannabis Forgetting and the Botany of Desire: Michael Pollan!

I feel like I walked into a house full of old friends! Thanks guys! Really appreciate the warm welcome!

The Weed: I am already considering a move to CA. .. oh who am I kidding I am itching to go!! I know the economy is no the best but it is worth dealing with just to be able to live in peace. I am looking into that. I am thinking maybe the Sacramento area or upwards from there. Not sure yet. Colorado or other states are not out the question but with outright legalization within reach CA is the hands down winner.

CocoJoe: Silence is acceptance.. I have an extremely difficult time accepting injustice. (read: it doesn't happen!) How long will this so called sophisticated society continue holding on to this nonsense about making something trivial into a huge crime worth ruining so many lives over? Enough is enough. But we need to start talking to those who DON'T enjoy our passion for the red haired lady. Because those are the ones that need to be won over.

ToastyRoadie: Thanks and great video!

I hope at some point I can give back to this community for all of the knowledge I have picked up already; and it feels like I just scratched the surface.

Thanks again guys!

Saraphim, always nice to here from an activist and yes moving to cali would be great, but it is those places that are running far behind the times and lagging in information that truly need the activist. Please don't ever be quiet

Great post man. Cannabis has many times been called the most useful plant that man has ever known. It really is criminal to have this wonderful plant illegal. Great stuff man... keep it up!

Direless... I could not be quiet if i tried. I never really thought of myself as an activist. This is just how I feel. I am not evangelical about it.. but faced with ignorance even in public, my patience is limited.

JuicyFruit4Me: Thanks man. You are correct. It is a crime to keep it illegal. Isn't that ironic?

I think this marijuana issue is more than just about Cannabis.. MJ is simply the magnifying glass allowing us to see the details of a larger system that needs fixing, or at least some serious maintenance.

yes indeed, a system that needs redirection a system that permits the open mind and open dialogue that is not premised on how much more can "I" have. but don't get me sarted. Thanks for you response

Back
Top Bottom