A question about Cheese strains

JD Green

6 months ago I grew a cheese plant in a dwc set up with clay balls as my medium, when the plant was going into to flower, the PH went crazy and stayed that way till harvest. I would bring it down and hours later it would be back up around 6.5. The ph fluctuations showed on the leaves, burnt them all up. I still got a qp of good weed. lol. I now have another cheese plant that is doing the same and I started to PH it down then stopped because of the leaves burning. The plant is drinking 4 liters of water a day and feeding like crazy. Its been 3 days since their oil change and ph was good for the first day then went to 6.5. I buy distilled water for the plants and I use a expensive Hanna probe and its bang on with calibration. My question's,,, is this common in Cheese plants and will it hurt the plant to stay at a high ph. Thank you in advance for your replies.

@Reave lol, I live by that chart, plant is drinking, eating anything I throw at it, looks good it's just the ph level thats got me thinking. here's pic's from today. Think i will let it go, just kind of wondering if it will get enough "P" with a high ph.

20210216_114200.jpg

20210216_114208.jpg

They sure look good. I only grew hydro one time I found that chart got me through it. Got sick of dealing with res changes and went back to pro mix.

I had issues with PH rising but for me it was to do with the tap water getting oxygenated would raise the ph for a while till it balanced out. I would bubble the water for a day before using it in the res. Was a real pain in the rear. Obviously with distilled water you don’t have that issue.

I wonder if it was just the rate they were feeding. Sounds like you need a bigger res then wouldn’t fluctuate.

The first one I grew was in a 20 liter pail with 12 liters of water in it, this one is in a 38 liter tote with 16 liters in it, if I go 20 it hits the bottom of my net pot. Do you think it could be hungry' it eats around 400 ppm and drinks 4 liters in a 24 hr period.

Back
Top Bottom