A Real Question

madsdad4ever

so the question is have u ever done anything like this or have some relevant info to the subject

do mj plants produce frost in the dark? or the light or both? when is most?

i know i can trigger resin/oil production with dry air so i was thinking about using my drying chamber to finish final flush with 36 hours of dark i have a dehumidifier and a window ac in my chamber so i can make the air really dry would there be any benefit to this? will it make it more frosty? i wonder if it would start drying the buds on the plant? i watered it with a teaspoon of molasses and a gallon of water early this morning that will be the last i water it as i plan on chopping Friday evening she is a outdoor bag seed that has turned out really good grown in a soil mix in a five gallon bucket we just had like three days of really dry weather and i hope that helped but if i can improve it by putting it in my chamber then i would that i also have a 250 hps that i can install in the dry chamber if i need to

i am thinking about doing a flavoring test on this plant i would go get a about half of it harvested Friday morning like 2 am then flavor the rest lest on the plant and harvest it Friday evening thinking maybe dream cycle weed pure vanilla extract and pure orange extract anybody ever try that flavor?

image199.jpeg

this is her about a week ago will get new pics in a couple of days

Not sure if the dark makes a difference I tryed it once.
For me it just made trimming a lot harder.
Leaves were realy soft and floppy.

I tried it on my last round just because it was convenient - I usually have plants coming down at different times so it's not always an option for me, but like zakey said, I didn't notice a difference. For me, everything was exactly the same as it usually is (drying time, trimming, frostiness, color, weight, ect)

EDIT: That's a beautiful plant, by the way!

ok the putting the plant in dark should be a moot point if u flushed the plant properly letting it sit in dark or harvesting in dark is so the plant has had time to put all the nutrients down in the roots for bed time they lay dormant till the sun comes up and starts the photosynthesis process as far as i know that's the only benefit to the dark time and i do like to give my soil grown dark time b4 harvest just think of it as last step of final flush my question was and is can the plant produce the frost in the dark?

ok the putting the plant in dark should be a moot point if u flushed the plant properly letting it sit in dark or harvesting in dark is so the plant has had time to put all the nutrients down in the roots for bed time they lay dormant till the sun comes up and starts the photosynthesis process as far as i know that's the only benefit to the dark time and i do like to give my soil grown dark time b4 harvest just think of it as last step of final flush my question was and is can the plant produce the frost in the dark?

I'm not trying to knock it, just didn't notice a difference. I have never tried the dark period with soil plants, it seems like it would make a difference, but with my hydro plants that I make sure are flushed well before harvest and don't cut them until they start yellowing so I know they are out of nutrients. I chop at the end of the dark period so I'm on track with your reasoning, but it didn't seem necessary with the hydros. I'd like to try it with some soil plants and see if it changes the results.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question, because I have no idea what the answer is. My notion is that the plants probably produce trichomes during both the dark and light cycles.

hey iwltfum no offense intended there buddy i was just explaining the dark period as best as i understand it i truly believe if u r flushing like ur suppose to then the dark period will have no effect on the taste of ur plant another neat little trick for ur arsenal u can pull of a fan leaf and kinda chew on the stem if its bitter then it still has nutrients in it the reason to ask if frost grows in dark or light is b/c i want to put this plant in my dry chamber and super dry the air to see if i can get it to produce more frost just don't know if i need light or not and how long i would do this super dry air to see a difference

i was so sure one of our local mad scientist would have the answer to this question

hey iwltfum no offense intended there buddy i was just explaining the dark period as best as i understand it i truly believe if u r flushing like ur suppose to then the dark period will have no effect on the taste of ur plant another neat little trick for ur arsenal u can pull of a fan leaf and kinda chew on the stem if its bitter then it still has nutrients in it the reason to ask if frost grows in dark or light is b/c i want to put this plant in my dry chamber and super dry the air to see if i can get it to produce more frost just don't know if i need light or not and how long i would do this super dry air to see a difference

i was so sure one of our local mad scientist would have the answer to this question

None taken madsdad! :thumb:
Interesting. I had completely forgotten about the taste test! That was one of the determining factors I used for my first couple of grows. Thanks for reminding me about that. Maybe someone will come along with an informed answer to whether the trics grow more at night or during the day.

Back
Top Bottom