Abnormal Seedling Because Of LED?

420Josh

I have a seedling that was growing normally under my Cfl light untill I bought a blue LED light to test it out on my plant, a few days later the poor guy grew damn weird :/
I wanna buy a few more of those LED lights and see if it grows normally once again or becomes an even bigger weirdo
IMG_20150430_095658_1CS.jpg

I kept the lights on for 18 hours both the Cfls and the LED and 6 hours the Cfls were off but I kept the LED on
Does anyone know why this happened to the seedling?
The true leaves seemed to grow and face the blue LED, ignoring the Cfls, And this seedling's true leaves grew a stem while my other two who were not under the LED did not
The other two are very much normal
IMG_20150430_095746.jpg
IMG_20150430_095918.jpg

Because 24 hours of light is too much.
Only peppers afaik can handle 24 hours of light in the first 5 weeks or so without showing issues.

The soil isn't anything special, it's backyard soil, The ph is 6.5
I'll get some good soil after I pull off a successful grow :)

Okay.... if I put it on an 18/6 light schedule will it grow normally..?
Or is that plant gonna die or something :/

Okay.... if I put it on an 18/6 light schedule will it grow normally..?
Or is that plant gonna die or something :/

It may grow normally under an 18/6 light schedule.

There's also a chance it just has a genetic malfunction and it will never grow well.
One of my tomato plants has extremely weird growth, those things happen sometimes.

Just a thought, if your using outdoor soil indoors I would bet your going to have serious insect problems. Even using sterilized growing medium it takes a concerned effort to keep spider mites etc out of you room.

It may grow normally under an 18/6 light schedule.

There's also a chance it just has a genetic malfunction and it will never grow well.
One of my tomato plants has extremely weird growth, those things happen sometimes.

There's a difference between seedling stage and vegetative stage right?
i read that blue light is good for vegetative stage, maybe that seedling got too much blue light?

Just a thought, if your using outdoor soil indoors I would bet your going to have serious insect problems. Even using sterilized growing medium it takes a concerned effort to keep spider mites etc out of you room.

I had no idea about that... thanks for the info, if anything gets out of control because of the soil, I'll get some good soil and try again

Back
Top Bottom