Adding heat

Thehalobluntm

Was wondering if I can use a heater and put the inline vent by it to draw in to raise temps due to small tent, I can't put heater inside tent. Temps currently at 20°c trying to get to 25 to 27. 2x2x5 tent with 3 5 gallon pots going. 2 Bruce banner autos and a black widow. Planted in foxfarms happy frog n going to use ff liquid nutes when it's time. Currently at 2week veg for the 2 banners and just threw the black widow in. Pic is at day 5

How big is the room the tent is in? You're best to heat the room to the temp you want so as your exhaust fan is drawing in air at the temp you want in the tent. Same thing if you need to humidify the air in the temp tho most need to lower the RH.

Do you have your exhaust fan running continuously? If so you should get a temp/RH control unit for it so it only runs when those parameters get high enough to trigger the fan to run. My below ground grow room is so cool that if my 6" inline fan ran all the time so would the thermostatically controlled heater in the room costing me a fortune in extra power for the heater.

A speed controller on the exhaust fan is also a good thing to have. Even a little 4" exhaust fan running at half speed is more than enough to exchange air in a little tent like that. I have a 2x4x5'h tent in the spare bedroom on the main floor and just have a crappy little USB powered desk fan hanging in the top vent hole to just blow air out into the room. If it gets too warm in the room I crack the window. I only use that tent for clones and vegging little plants

Hope that helps.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom