Adding lady bugs to the garden?

Tricks

I have an idea and I want to see what others think, I have been playing with the idea of adding lady bugs and maybe praying mantis, not sure if the two can coexist, if not the lady bugs would seem good on the plants to rid them of pest should it occur, but would they eat the plants if they had no other food source? I would guess they would, they have to eat something, so maybe you could only use them if you get mites? thoughts on this?

It's not a bad theory, but if there is nothing for the ladybugs to eat (other bugs), they will die pretty quickly or move on to greener pastures.

Yeah I thought of that, but I could put something in there for them to eat, but it'd be best to wait and add them if needed.

just added about 50 yesterday for thrips so we will see.pretty sure you can get lady bug food im gonna check and get back to you.
ok you can make ladybug food here is how:

Things You'll Need
1 or 2 raisins
Cupful of water
Paper towel
Knife
Show (1) More Instructions

Add the raisins to the water-filled cup. Soak them in the water for at least five minutes. Remove them from the water.

Blot your waterlogged raisins with your paper towel, but be careful not to squeeze out all the water they just absorbed.

Read more: Homemade Ladybug Food | eHow.com Homemade Ladybug Food | eHow.com

Back
Top Bottom