Lady Bugs Question

thehitman

I just discovered a few (2-3) Lady bugs have gotten into my veg garden. I didn't put them there - they just invaded and somehow got into my veg room?? :hmmmm:

I have checked my plants pretty carefully and have seen no sign of any other insect or pest that the Lady bugs could be after?

As far as I know (which admittedly is limited knowledge) Lady bugs are not harmful to the plants - is that correct?

please comment if you have any experience with this.

Thanks!

Ladybugs are good bugs
They eat mites

Awesome they found there way in themselves :bravo:

I'm planning on breeding ladybirds for next spring to release in the greenhouses but will also put a few in the grow tent to cover mite control!

lady bugs are an asset,,but why did they come???

in the times I have used/tryed lady bugs,they all try to split when the food is gone,so what brought them in??

in the event that there is no food source,mine have all perished in a mater of days.

Hard to say what brought them in, is the weather changing for a cold snap were you live? Cause during the winter months they seek warm dry places to over winter.

JJ Bones is right ladybirds are only good for a precaution against mites but if your worried some may be present, might be worth spraying a cannabis friendly insecticide. On the nursery we use provado to prevent any pest taken hold. Not sure if it would be suitable for cannabis though!

The ladybugs collected on my porch when the cold weather closed in - I think like Hortus suggested. I don't see any pests on the plants, so they may not find anything to eat.

Green clean is amazing for mite and mildew control. I tried ladybugs most just flew up to my bulbs and died. That being said they do eat mites.

I really apprecaite the recommendation on Green Clean. I haven't tried it yet but now I will! Don't give up on lady bugs for aphids! I have had some extreme Succuss with Lady bug and Aphids

P.S. I agree they don't eat spidermite

They will it just takes alot of lady bugs that's all but then there is the mess of cleaning up 1000+ ladybugs off your plants and floors trays etc... You had aphids indoors? Or out?

I have had aphids Indoors and Green House. They like a higher humidity enviroment b/c they are soft body insects. and I completely agree it sucks cleaning up a few 1000 lady bugs! Wondering anything?

I am on the east coast - rural CT. The lady bugs seem to have disappeared - no sign of them now. They may have hitched a ride on my fire wood that gets brought into the house every few days.

At any rate, no signs of any pests in the garden, so we just keep on growing!

If you can see Spider Mites, don't mess around, SNS-217. Sierra Natural Science, I get the premade version, a few bucks more but ready to kill...

You most prob would have done this.......
If you haven't, I would suggest that you analyse the ladybugs and make sure that they are not LadyBug Imposters which has potential to destroy the plant.

Back
Top Bottom