Adding light, would like some advice, please share.

Pussologist

Ok, can someone share their opinion on adding a third grow hood in between (2) 600 watt HPSs for a flowering room...What would be more beneficial for my 4x8 grow tent.

I'm thinking of adding a 1000 watt MH. I first thought pure HPS was best for flowering, but I read having both is best. Is this True?

Hey buddy it all depends what your after, 600s are great so a few of those cant be wrong. However their penetration isnt as good as 1000s, so if you had a 1000w you could grow a few 'bigger' plants along with your usual ones. Otherwise I think 3x 600s is awesome. Regarding using hps & mh together yes it works, but use more hps in flower than mh or you'll get leafier plants at the expense of bud production. Btw you can now buy Dual Arc bulbs (hps&mh) for the whole gro cycle...never tried them but worth a look. Good luck

Yah, but is adding a 1000 watt HPS in between 2 600s a good or bad idea?

How far would I have to raise the 1000 watt opposed to the 600s, I assume like a 5" height difference would be OK.

I'll probably just go with a third 600 watt HPS.

Yah, but is adding a 1000 watt HPS in between 2 600s a good or bad idea?

How far would I have to raise the 1000 watt opposed to the 600s, I assume like a 5" height difference would be OK.

I'll probably just go with a third 600 watt HPS.
Ofcourse you can stick a 1000w in there buddy, why would it be a problem if you can handle the temp? for 1000s 10in from plant is as close as you should go (8in for 600s). What a dilemma you face my friend...'what should I add to my already awesome grow room!!' good stuff I like it!
:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom