Lighting question

jcshap

I plan to grow 12 plants in ebb and grow system in a 8 by 8 by 8 tent. I will move them in next week under 2 400 MH lights for veg. Im wondering what would be best way to light during flower. Obviously Im trying to maximize yield. I have the lights on an adjustable system, so can put any distance away from plants. Im considering 600 or 1000 hps. I have seen the chart for optimal distance but I wonder should I put 2 1000 watt in there or 3 600 watt, or some other combination for optimum grow? Looking at the chart it seems 600's at closer distance is better/cheaper, but something must be wrong there or nobody would ever use 1000's. Must have something to do with coverage area I guess.

Thanks

Also, I plan to use scrog method of growing, unless someone can tell me it is better for yield to do otherwise. I may also defoliate, although havent made a conclusion on this just yet.

Thanks

I'd run 2-4 600 Watts 1000x over before I bought a 1000 w personally. A 1000 can cover 6x6 whereas a 600 is 4x4 . 2 would fill it nice 3 would be great and 4 would be epic if u can control the temps (biggest drawback to 1000).

I run 3x600 w in a 4x8

Great. So Ill put 4 600's in there and put them a bit closer to the top of the plants. Have a fan/duct system blowing through the hoods, so hopefully the temps will be OK

Thats what id do. If fours too much remove two (or one and use the.other for a.nice.mixed spectrum in veg and move the 400mh into flower to replace it and.lower heat. Youll have ALOT more options and coverage with the 6s

Make sure u have the fan sucking air through the Hood not blowing. And leaks in the system will expel hot air into the room. Negative pressure is always best

Wait, I set the fan up on one side, to blow air through the hoods. So you are saying I should reverse this and have the fan sucking the heat out instead? Right now I have it going fan-duct-light-duct-light-duct and out. You say I should reverse this to light-duct-light-duct-fan and out?

I used some mylar coated tape to secure the ducting to the hoods and fan so air leakage should be ok I think

Exactly. Its largely preference I suppose. And if you feel its not a problem then don't bother. But yes. Its more efficient that way.

Any pinholes in the ducting or the like will allow hot air to escape if u have the fan blowing on account of the positive pressure. Make it suck and that becomes negative pressure that will instead pull air from the cab. It is your garden and your choice. Just wanted to throw that nugget in there for ya.

Thats a great piece of advice I didnt think of. I really appreciate it. Im going to go rebuild it to do this (gives me something to do tonight instead of staring at my clones again).

If I do it this way, should I cover the hole in the first hood where the process begins so to speak, or should I just leave that open. The way I have it now the process starts at the fan, so there is no problem with that.

Really appreciate it man. As a new grower Im finding this forum great. If you have a chance, please check out some of my other thread questions. Im trying to get this down and learn as much as possible. So many questions about lights, grow space, nutes, etc etc. Really appreciate your help

Anytime man. If u look in the frequently asked questions section there are several stickies full of great advice and priceless information. Ill look around at ur other threads

Back
Top Bottom