Advanced Grow Attempt

A couple of these plants have turned out some bushy growth, and I believe there is some lower level leaves which can be pruned. Does anyone have advice on pruning, or a good article to read about concerning pruning and topping. Thanks.

As far as pruning, I just prune the leaves at the very bottom that get in the way of feeding or watering. Since the full strength nute solution will most likely burn the lower leaves if you contact them directly with it. Other than that I just pick off any little leaves that have turned brown and died. They will fall of when touched anyways.

If you are pruning green leaves or stems then do so with a sterile instrument such as an exacto or pruning snips. I use alcohol to sterilize. If you are going to take cuttings I would use alcohol and flame to sterilize since that cutting will be susceptible to disease until it develops a strong root system.

dude 2000 watts for those small little plants it way way way to much. the 1000 watters are useless technicly speaking. you get more useable light from the 600w bulbs. the mh is a great idea for veg. i want to have a 400w mh to veg and a 400 w hps to bud. unless your growing a forest you dont really need more then that like mabey a 600 but still thats a bit much.

It looks like you are in 5 gallon buckets. The plants are on the smaller side for that large of a bucket. Be careful not to over saturate that soil. It will take way too long for the plant to use it up and you will run the risk of root rot.

Over watering can cause drooping like that as well as under watering. :peace:

Yea I just didn't want to go through transplanting, but the soil has relly good permeability. Thanks for the info, I will make sure to watch my watering. I was unaware that you could have too much light (as long as not burning the plants). The lights are a good distance from the plants, and cannot burn them. 1000 watts is useless, I understand the possibility of smaller light being more efficient, but I don't really understand how they could be better for the plants? Can you please clarify, I always assumed the more lght you have, the closer to mimicing the effectiveness of the actualy Sun's light. I mean if these plants were growing in ideal conditions outdoors I expect they would be receiving even more light, but I could be wrong. You're saying these plants would grow faster with less light? This setup will be used for 10 or more plants in about a week or so, that is why there is soo much lighting.

Here are some week 5 pics along with a potential problem I have encountered. After draining stored water in the pots I have noticed roots comming out of the drainage holes in the 5 gallon pots. These plants are still small, I add some Fox Farms Light Warrior to the soil (before planting ofcourse), which develops your roots greatly (maybe too greatly) with the mycroh. fungi. Any ideas, suggestion, or comments on what to do, if anything. All my plants have shown roots comming to the drainage holes one way or another.
Some of my plants have really been struggling, with yellowing, drooping leaves. Yellowing which has occued on some of the healthy plants as well. Pics of everything will follow.

0272.JPG

0261.JPG

0252.JPG

0242.JPG

0224.JPG

0216.JPG

0207.JPG

0197.JPG

These next leaves look sick as well
01810.JPG

0157.JPG

0146.JPG

My PH runoff is right below 7, I feed them big bloom and grow big at about a teaspoon of grow big and a tablespoon of big bloom. I do allow the soil to dry out, but not completely, should I allow a more thorough drying?

yes you should let them dry more. stick your finger in the soil and see if its dry atleast upto your second knuckle if its not dont water them or go by the weight cycle. any water under them will kill them ive tried to mix soil and hydro and it didnt work at all. i even tried soil with a little water under them to prolong the soils wetness. it didnt help just ended up killing the plants in about 2 weeks or so cause of mold. any standing water in there with them ive learnd is not good at all for any plants. your plants look awesome tho except for that overly watered lookin one with the dropping leaves. leave her to dry out and thoes leaves will stand back up soon enough brothaman.

If I'm calculating correctly you should be around 32-33 days. You need to up the feeding. Grow Big at 3tsp and Big Bloom at 2 TBS every other watering. Build up to this amount. Next feeding go 2tsp-GB and 2TBS-BB then feeding after that shoot up to 3tsp/2TBS. Allowing the soil to dry out completely in between. The roots need oxygen which they cannot get when soaked in stagnate water. They end up rotting and killing the plant. Good luck

Yea the root is def. in a little bit of water b/c of the runoff after feeding. The amount is very little though, and I will discard it if still there in the morning. You are right with the day estimate, and I will up the dosage of nutes.

letting the plant sit in its runoff is like you sitting in a pile of your own "censord word here" any standing water whatsoever!!! is extremly bad for any plant. the faster you get rid of it the faster they are going to heal up and get back to growing.

Yea I have made sure to dispose of any standing water, and I will continure to do so, but what are some nute recomendations, I know there was a real good thread on this, but I forgot where it was exactly. I am around 38 days into veg. Thanks

I have experience with Age Old Organics 12-6-6 and Fox Farms Grow Big 6-4-4 and actually prefer AOO over FF. My plants seemed to respond better to Age Old. These are for Veg. I use Tiger Bloom at 2/3's strength for Flower and my plants seem to like it. During weeks 3-4 during flower some recommend adding a couple of feedings of veg nutes to bump up the N. I will be doing that this grow as I did not do it last grow and I feel like I lost a lot of leaves prematurely.

Back
Top Bottom