RetiredOLDGuy's 1st Indoor Tent Grow With Feminized Seeds

RetiredOLDGuy

Hello Folks! This is my first attempt at a grow journal, so any help/advice would be appreciated. Over the years, I've tried indoor grows using various methods, but always lacked quality seeds. As a result, I never had any success. So, finally the ability to secure quality seeds.

I'm 14 days into the grow. I plan on transplanting them to larger pots on day 21. So far, they seem to be doing well.

Here's my setup:

Environment - Secret Jardin 4X4 tent
Light - 600 watt HPS and HydrFarm light system. 8 hour night cycle
Seeds- CropKing feminized seeds
- Purple Kush(left in picture)
- White Cookies (center in picture)
- Green Crack (right in picture)
Soil - Current starter soil is organic potting soil with no fertilizers
Soil - FFOF
Temp - between 70-84 F

Looking forward to your feedback.

Ist_Pic_-_14_days.JPG
2nd_Pic_-_14_days.JPG

Welcome to the forum my friend.....I'll sub in for this one. Interested in the FFOF (never tried it) for an all auto grow early in the new year. Plants are looking good!

Just hit 21 days so I transplanted into large pots with FFOF and perilite mix. The solo cups were packed with roots with good structure. So far, the plants are looking happy.
21_days_2.JPG
21_Days1.JPG

Just hit 21 days so I transplanted into large pots with FFOF and perilite mix. The solo cups were packed with roots with good structure. So far, the plants are looking happy.
21_days_2.JPG
21_Days1.JPG
I have to say that I am really liking the idea of the square pots, do you know what size yours are and where did you get them?

Also very interested in the ffof soil, have you grown in this before? Is it intended to be a start to finish soil? Additives and fertilizer still needed?

Sorry, just got back from out of town. 1st time using FFOF, I'm hoping its a start to finish but a more seasoned grower should be able to enlighten us. I'm trying the square pots I had bought at a local landscape store. They are 20 inches square. It's day 25 for my grow and I'm pleased with the progress. So far, I've only given them water and sprayed the leaves with water.

Day_25_White_Cookies.JPG
Day_25_Purple_Kush.JPG
Day_25_Green_Crack.JPG
Day_2513.JPG

I have a question. I'm a little more that 5 weeks into the veg stage. What time frame would you recommend for the conversion to 12/12 for the bloom phase? I was thinking about 10 weeks or sooner. Thanks.

Good looking plants! My only concern would be depleting your soil. If those are your final containers you may run into some issues. Maybe soil guys can chime into confirm.

Beleaf, thanks for the thought. I've been thinking of sizing up with felt pot bags, so I'll pick some up tomorrow. Now, I'm just trying to figure out the most efficient method to transfer the plants without hurting the girls. I just started feeding them nutes yesterday, so the timing is good.

Beleaf, I took your advice and transplanted the girls into 15 g felt pots. I did learn an important lesson, transplant your plants into the ultimate container before they get too big. It wasn't pretty, but hopefully, they will recover from the shock. I hit each plant with 3 liters of water. I'll hit them with nutes in a day or two.
PA230013.JPG
PA230012.JPG
PA230011.JPG
PA230010.JPG
PA230009.JPG
PA230008.JPG
PA230007.JPG

Looking good! I like to go from solos to 1 gal then in to their final containers. I have recently been playing with the airpots and the ones I ordered came in closer to 3 gal instead of 5, as advertised. I have a decent size plant in it but she sucks the water
420-magazine-mobile1150878083.jpg

I have a question. I'm a little more that 5 weeks into the veg stage. What time frame would you recommend for the conversion to 12/12 for the bloom phase? I was thinking about 10 weeks or sooner. Thanks.

I'll try to answer this in short form. .. I would consider height my first concern then onto any kind of scrog or space you might be trying to fill. What are your goals for this run?

Beleaf, your plant looks great! Mine appear to be happy with no signs of shock. To answer your question regarding my goals, it's pretty basic. Since this is for personal consumption, I don't need huge harvest but enough to get me through my golden years. Laf. Anyway, to see if I can successfully grow decent smoke. My first attempt was some 30 years ago and 3 subsequent attempts were unsuccessful, so, this is a challenge and I like excitement of watching things grow. As long as I can, I plan to have at least one grow per year. Thanks!

I noticed you have a GrowBoss. How do you like it? Recommend it?

Hey Old guy you've came to the right spot for all the info you need to make it a successful run! I really like the grow boss. Highly recommend.

From one old dude to another...hi! Your plants look good. I used to use a mix of FFOF when I grew in soil. I’ve since moved to DWC but I remember a little bit. Depending on how big your space is, I would consider flipping soon. They are going to stretch quite a bit during the first 2-3 weeks of flower. It’s easy to get overrun if you’re not careful. Having said that, they’re looking real healthy. I’ definitely subbed to this one. Have fun!

Thanks Grandpa, glad to hear there are some old guys like me out there. My girls look healthy and did not shock when I increased the pot size like Beleaf suggested. I took your advice and tonight's light cycle will begin with 12 on and 12 off. It will be day 50 for my grow, so I'm really looking forward to the bloom phase. I appreciate the help and support.

Back
Top Bottom