Advanced pollination techniques

GigaGrew

Ok first of all i would just like to say hi to those i have conversed with before, i dropped of the face of the planet for a while, but im back now ;)

Right, so i have been studying this ruderalis phenominon and the whole auto = no mothers and cloning.
This led to me thinking on alternative routes that would work for us.

Looking into pollination i learned that pollen can be preserved for a while and i could be onto a bit of a system here but i need one question answered by someone that has the resources and inclination to test it.

If you freeze dry pollen, will it survive, and how long can you preserve it compared to other methods that (to my current knowledge) can only preserve pollen for a maximum of 2 months, more likely 1 month. =/

I desperatly hope one of you fellows can afford to test this.

I envision a 2 part grow room (1 for crop, 1 tiny one for mothers) you plant your stocks of feminised plants and grow a small portion in the smaller room. in that room you open a small vacuum pack/freeze dried parcel of pollen(feminised) and they become your next crop of feminised auto's.

and then every now and then (based on progress of pollen storage) you grow a crop of mixed maled and females and harvest both the pollen and the seeds for your next x amount of crops.

one significant advantage of long life pollen is you can transport both seed and pollen to new grow areas when where storing living plant stocks isnt practical.

anyway i could rant all day, im sure your own minds can work out all the possible uses of long life pollen.

on a final note, i dicovered this awesome article i wanted to share.

it contains a wealth of data a veritable wet dream for the would be hemp husband ;)
i would like to draw attention to the fact this artical effectivly teaches us how to diy feminise our seend =D

Robert A. Nelson: Hemp Husbandry ~ Botany & Breeding (Ch 4)

Back
Top Bottom