Advantage of planting in a 5 gallon bucket outdoors?

mudrunner

here we go... my first of many ridiculous questions lol. so ive looked all over at many many different outdoor setups and it seems a very common way to grow is to either use a big garbage bag or 5 gallon buckets mostly submurged in the soil. Why is this? it seems that either way your inhibiting your root mass to reach its full potential, hence, a smaller less healthy, lower yeilding plant, why not dig your hole, dump potting soil in that and just do that? then your plant will still be sitting in whatever high quality soil you choose, but has the ability to grow larger if necessary? im sure this is a dumb noob question that can be answered in one sentence but ive really tried using the search feature to no avail. any expert care to shed some light on this for me? thank you all so much

:thanks:

Really? No one has a good answer to this??? Haha well maybe it was a better question than I thought come on guys! I know somebody must have something on this

I gotta think that no one really cares....... It would most likely be in case someone had to move it... Since the biggest problems outdoors are thieves, 5-0, and animals, sometimes the plants have to be moved... It is much easier to pull out a bucket then digging a plant up... Maybe they just don't know any better........
Patience young grasshoppa....

I too wondered this, and I'm sure the people who do it have a reason to do so, growing is mostly preference and there are a million different ways to get a seed to turn into a jar of weed

I would think that a lot has to do with being able to take advantage of growing outdoors while being able to fully control the soil in the buckets. Also the ability to move them when necessary is a huge plus as Be IRIE stated.

Ok yea I guess that amkes sense; ease of mobility and complete soil control... thank you guys!

Back
Top Bottom