Advice on setting up 6' x 8' room

Stoned4daze61

What's up, I have a 6' x 8' shed with 6-7' ceilings (roof is gabled, not flat). I converted it into a grow room and have completed two small harvests since then, now it's time to expand and do things properly.

Things I've done to the shed thus far:
-Wired 15amp 120v
-Replaced roof
-Painted white
-Added extra supports
-Caulked & spray foamed any cracks/leaks
-2'x4' Veg Tent inside (T5's)
-Knockoff 600w cooltube for flower
-6" inline (aircools hood & exhausts growroom)
-2 passive intakes cut

What I would like to do :
-Wire 30amp 240v
-Remove 2' x 4' veg tent so I can have full 6' x 8' for flowering
-Add some type of insulation since shed is metal w/wood beams (Was thinking techshield 4'x8' panels ? Or possibly reflectix ? Noticed people also use fiberglass insulation w/sheetrock.. Interested in peoples opinions on this...
-Use my current 6" inline as exhaust w/carbon filter
-Continue with passive intakes or possibly use small blowers for a forced intake (less cfm's then exhaust of course to create neg pressure)
-3 or 4 (600w's) Should I go with 3 large reflectors (magnum xxxl's) or 4 smaller reflectors (super sun2, blockbuster) ? I have a 12 plant limit so I'm going to be having fewer larger plants as opposed to many smaller plants, also have limited ceiling height so I figure the xxxl's larger footprint and less intense light would allow the canopy closer to the hood. However the extra 600w would give me more watts/sq. ft., but I'm afraid I would have to compensate the more intense light from the smaller hoods by raising them higher above the canopy and headroom is an issue for me. If a reflector is almost 12" tall, pots are 12+" and the bulb has to be 12+" above canopy, I'm left with less than 4' of canopy space.
-How should I cool 4 600w's ? 2 6" inlines ? 8" inline Y'd into 2 runs (6" or 8")
-Advice on Air Conditioners, Dehumidifiers, Co2, light/environmental controllers would be much appreciated

I will get some pics up soon, I tried to give as much info as possible without going overboard (hard to do), let me know if I missed anything that could be of help. :thanks:

Sounds good dude! Glad to see you have insulation on there! Air conditioning will be a must. Instead of 4 or 600s go with 2 1000's. A 600 watt bulb will only penetrate the canopy so far. a few 600s will not penetrate depth any further but will add to coverage area only. Leave you a little space to put new flower room plants around the outside and work them in under the light slowly so they can get used to it.

Sounds good dude! Glad to see you have insulation on there! Air conditioning will be a must. Instead of 4 or 600s go with 2 1000's. A 600 watt bulb will only penetrate the canopy so far. a few 600s will not penetrate depth any further but will add to coverage area only. Leave you a little space to put new flower room plants around the outside and work them in under the light slowly so they can get used to it.

The issue with 1000's is on the sides of the room I only have 6' in height, so figure around 12" of height for the hood, 12" for the containers, that leaves me with 4' left. Most recommend having a 1000w no closer then 24" from the canopy, in some circumstances with proper cooling some claim then can get closer, but usually no closer then 18". Therefore, leaving me with only 2-2.5' of canopy space on the sides, and 2.5-3ft in the middle. Since I can only have 12 plants, I'm planning on vegging longer and using larger pots (5-15gallons). In this situation I would like to get as much room for the canopy as possible.

Also I'm wondering if it would be possible to get away with 3 600's (1800w) without any air conditioning on the first harvest ? I'm planning on cooling the hoods with 2 6" inlines unless someone would recommend 8" ?

For room ventilation, I was thinking a 8" inline/filter combo for exhaust, and passive intakes. If needed I have 2 stanley blower fans that I could use as a forced intake if passive isn't enough. Running them both on low should be less cfm then a 8" inline so theoretically I should still have negative pressure.

If drawing fresh air isn't enough ventilation for 3 600's in a 6'x8', then should I skip the intake/exhaust fans and go for co2 & a/c ?

Back
Top Bottom