Advice Please

Nedhead

My plant is a few days in to flowering and I noticed some wilting issues.

4 days ago she was dry and wilting so I fed her and she picked right up. Next watering she was good but wilted after I watered but perked up by the morning.

She is again wilting but is not due for watering until tomorrow. I checked and the soil is dryish but still has some moisture an inch down.

I am thinking she needs more water than I can give her in the 8 inch clay pot she is in. Additionally I have not yet started with the bloom nutes and I think I should start. Therefore my plan is to up pot to a 5 gallon pot tomorrow and give her healthy drinks with bloom nutes at 1/2 dosage.

Thoughts all?
B3BC743F-A470-41FC-8E00-D38B85DBE1B5.jpeg
9F67D70D-62D8-4C55-B0C7-B5C5B3FEF9BA.jpeg

That’s kind of what I figured as well. Unfortunately she’s already flowering but not for too long. I’ll try and stress her as little as possible.

Agree with Mr. Krip. Up potting best done in veg to avoid stress during flower. But they look good for the most part. Do you know what kind of strain you are growing?

The one I am up potting is Northern Lights. The other strain I have growing is Blue Cookies.

Aside from the pot being too small, you may have heat stress and over-watering issues.

Thank-you. The room is for sure the warmest in the house but I can close a vent and take the temp down a few degrees. I am hoping that up-potting, using the bloom nutes and now, dropping the temp a few degrees will resolve things. I just got a temp/humidity gauge and will get readings tonight.

I wouldn't transplant in flowering, the stress will have a huge effect on your final yield.

I had a similar problem. For me it was a combination of bad wicking and not fully watering everything. I ended up with dry spots at the bottom of the pot. First the water was not getting all the way to the bottom of the pot. After I fixed that I watered more and still had dry spots. Really dry spots are hard for moisture to penetrate. The bad wicking was my fault. added perlite but no vermiculite. My own fault.

I mention this only because It was the top of the plant that was affected just like yours. Even after watering perked up the rest of the plant. The tops stayed droopy. The top of the soil looked fine and I was adding plenty of water I thought. Most of my pots have a hole large enough for my finger to fit in. It was after sticking my finger inside to see if it was waterlogged when I found the dry spots. I now always check moisture levels at the top and the bottom of the plant.

Best way I have found to check this is to put the pot in a tray and add a little water. If they suck it up through the bottom of the pot it needs it. It won't if the soil is saturated enough. I have found that what I thought was watered well wasn't. The top of the plant is mostly controlled by the bottom of the pot. If you are having troubles with the top of the plant I would start there. Lots of times I will double check this at each watering. Especially if the pot got really dry. As long as it is only for a few minutes the it won't matter. The bottom of the pot will not take more moisture then it can hold. i have a few older pots with small holes This is the only way to double check this. Fabric pots are the same no way to check it.

I took the risk and up potted last night. When I took her out of the old 8 inch clay pot it was a wall of white roots so she was definitely root bound. Prepped the new pot by slightly watering halfway down (with nutes) so the soil was damp and then transplanted and added soil to level things off. Watered the top with nutes as well. She looks happy this morning so here's crossing my fingers! I am optimistic though. It's Christmas after all. ;)

The temp in the room is 24 celsius with a RH of 34%
What type of light and how close is the canopy to the light? I'm guessing it's a HID light and the plant is too close. Ambient temp might be OK but the UV from that type of lighting can raise the temps dramatically on the leaf surface if it's too close.

You really need to let your plants dry out more, all the way to the bottom in veg... that plant was drowning before you transplanted it, and that probably saved its life. Now that you are in flower your watering method might just get you through to the end, but please before you start another run, read how to properly water in my link below... i guarantee your next run will go easier if you do.

i’m a newbie but the exaggerated serated leaf edges are supposed to be from light heat- are these serated enough? they look very exaggerated not knowing the strains traits
Why then are all the leaves doing this, rather than just those at the top closest to the light? Heat stress has a different look, not nearly as organized and natural looking... a burned leaf is deformed, these are not.

Prewater the new soil in the new pots a day or two before transplant it will reduce stress , let the plants roots find the water don’t overwater lol

Back
Top Bottom